The Student Room Group

Should I ditch my essex 'sexy' look before I go uni ?

I am an attractive girl, I'm slim and I think for some reason I have just grown used to dressing 'sexy' on a daily basis. I love my hair looking perfect, my make up, tight clothes, cleavage showing love it all :biggrin: but now im scared because my girlies are all heading to different unis :frown: and I think my TOWIE look might not be good for uni :frown:

I like wearing leggings and cropped blouses with my stomach showing abit and leggings that hug my bum and high waisted stuff with little bra tops with a jacket over it, I also like wearing sheer/see through blouses with just a bra underneath so my bra is visible, I show cleavage every day and like really tight clothes :colondollar: I've dressed like this since I was 16 and all my friend in sixthform dressed like this too, I am starting uni and my friend didn't get in so I'm going alone :frown: readint thru these threads it seems people cover up more at uni more than at college. :frown::frown: Me + My friend look up to the TOWIE girls, this is the look I like :smile:

Because I wont't have my friends with me I'm thinking of maybe ditching this look ? do u think if I come to uni in my leggings belly top and makeup and hair people won't wanna be my friend ? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Excuse me if that doesn't sound 'sexy' to me.
Reply 2
Original post by PinkMocassin
I am an attractive girl, I'm slim and I think for some reason I have just grown used to dressing 'sexy' on a daily basis. I love my hair looking perfect, my make up, tight clothes, cleavage showing love it all :biggrin: but now im scared because my girlies are all heading to different unis :frown: and I think my TOWIE look might not be good for uni :frown:

I like wearing leggings and cropped blouses with my stomach showing abit and leggings that hug my bum and high waisted stuff with little bra tops with a jacket over it, I also like wearing sheer/see through blouses with just a bra underneath so my bra is visible, I show cleavage every day and like really tight clothes :colondollar: I've dressed like this since I was 16 and all my friend in sixthform dressed like this too, I am starting uni and my friend didn't get in so I'm going alone :frown: readint thru these threads it seems people cover up more at uni more than at college. :frown::frown: Me + My friend look up to the TOWIE girls, this is the look I like :smile:

Because I wont't have my friends with me I'm thinking of maybe ditching this look ? do u think if I come to uni in my leggings belly top and makeup and hair people won't wanna be my friend ? :frown:

as much as I don't particularly like the overtly tarty/TOWIE (<--- what does this mean lol) look, I do not think its a good idea to pretend to be someone you are not. if you won't be happy without ****loads of makeup and tight clothes keep it but just tone it down a lot for lectures... :h: you can still revert to that look whilst out clubbing!
I am an attractive girl

also - pics or gtfo :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Phenomenological
Excuse me if that doesn't sound 'sexy' to me.

Lol
Reply 4
Pics or gtfo
i think it's more you lose the motivation to bother dressing up well every day - you realise there's no point and it's pretty much a waste of time and a lot of the time you'll be too hungover and rushed to bother with it all ;p so you end up in the comfy jeans and hoody combos.
if it's what you like wearing then wear it. :smile:
Reply 6
How about first going "normal", see how the others dress and then adapt? Or you could just be yourself and see where that gets you.
Reply 7
Slut.

Edit: Aw, why the negs? I'm clearly taking the piss. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
I wouldn't call it sexy, I would call it slutty.
you said you've dressed like this since you were sixteen? maybe try something a little more mature now you're growing up (not in a bitchy way). you can be sexy whilst covering a bit more up, its mysterious!
Reply 10
You should only ever dress the way you feel comfortable. There might be some people who'll stereotype you for what you wear and maybe avoid you but to others you'll come across as someone who looks fun and up for a laugh.
Reply 11
Me + My friend look up to the TOWIE girls, this is the look I like :smile:

Just out of curiosity... Why?
Reply 12
Pics or GTFO
Essex and sexy?

You mean, Essex and slaggish?

If its the look you like, and what you feel comfortable in don't go changing because you're worried what other people will think or because people 'won't be friends with you', people will be friends with you because of who you are as a person, so if you're not a nice person you won't have many friends anyway, but if you're actually a nice and genuine person under it all don't worry about making friends.

I'm guessing you already get a lot of attention off guys who just want to get laid, but i would say, just be a bit more careful about it at Uni, cos obviously you're in a different city(?) that you don't really know...if ya get my drift.
Reply 15
It's not a good idea to walk onto campus dressed like a hooker, no.
I am an attractive girl

This immediately makes you unattractive in my eyes.
Reply 17
Original post by OBAG09L
You should only ever dress the way you feel comfortable. There might be some people who'll stereotype you for what you wear and maybe avoid you but to others you'll come across as someone who looks fun and up for a laugh.

You mean someone who is an easy target for a ONS?
Reply 18

Its a learning environment, not a hook up ting yu get me :wink:.
What does TOWIE stand for? :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest