Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheap exam centre for private candidate in london

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just kind of hoping everyone could throw some names/websites out for me please.
    I want to take aqa sociology and aqa business studies units. if any of you know of an exam centre that does not have extortionate rates I'd be eternally grateful...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Not done this myself, so I can only advise based upon other peoples experiences.

Campbell Harris seems to be recommended as cheap. They seem to need to be emailed for prices.
    http://www.campbellharris.co.uk/Content.asp?ID=18

Another one is the David Game College, listed prices are on the below link.
    http://www.davidgame-group.com/tutor...andidates.html

Apparently Ealing College Upper School is another option, cant find a relevent link though.

Check out:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1213659
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabby10)
    Just kind of hoping everyone could throw some names/websites out for me please.
    I want to take aqa sociology and aqa business studies units. if any of you know of an exam centre that does not have extortionate rates I'd be eternally grateful...
    I don't know what you would regard as cheap, but Campbell Harris is expensive, don't know about the others. My local centre (not near London) charges £25 a unit but I suspect you'd be lucky to get away with £40.

You could try looking at the list AQA produces of centre who have said they are prepared to consider private candidates:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/librar...ND-CENTRES.PDF
    and try ringing round and asking.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    guys ive been bashing my head against the wall looking for somewhere ti sit a level biology and gcse maths, and the ones ive found are a total rip off or dont do it.

i finally found one with good prices,
    they dont do practicals but you can sit all the exams here and go somewhere else for the practical sciences,

for AS biology 2 units £56.10
    for A2 biology 2 units also £56.10

and for any GCSE subject its only £65.30

Cheap as chips compared to everywhere else
    Kidbrooke School/Corelli college.
    Richard Cleall
    Exams Officer
    Corelli College
    Corelli Road
    LONDON SE3 8EP

Pascals college want as much as £600 all together for the AS + A2 in sciences including the practical. so im going to do the exams with Kidbrook/corelli and if i cant find somewhere cheaper for the practical its £150 each for the 2 practicals with Pascals.
    Although Ealing College may be doing the practicals if their refurbishments are done on time they charge £100 each and told me to call back end of october to find out.

Hope this helps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    North London College are pretty cheap and do practicals too I believe.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    yes northlondon college:

£25 per unit

They do coursework for GCSE's so they may do it for A levels.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ealing Independent College
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexgadgetman)
    Hi,

Not done this myself, so I can only advise based upon other peoples experiences.

Campbell Harris seems to be recommended as cheap. They seem to need to be emailed for prices.
    I've just emailed them but is there a date that you have to get your entry in?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexgadgetman)
    Hi,

I wouldn't call £55 per unit (6 units ) & £70 per unit (4 units). Prices are found on the registration form.

AS/A2 (6 unit qualifications) ~ £55 per unit; late fee ~ £60-£80 per unit; very late fee ~ £95-£120 per unit; AS/A2 (4 unit qualifications) ~ £70 per unit; late fee ~ £75-£105 per unit; very late fee ~ £115-£150 per unit. AS/A2 (2 unit qualifications) fee ~ £120 per unit; late fee ~ £165-£180; very late fee ~ £200 -£220. ORAL Exams ~ £75 supplement per AS/A2 unit. Additional fees apply for AS/A2 Science practical courses (Edexcel only) - please enquire.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dg2009)
    I wouldn't call £55 per unit (6 units ) & £70 per unit (4 units). Prices are found on the registration form.

AS/A2 (6 unit qualifications) ~ £55 per unit; late fee ~ £60-£80 per unit; very late fee ~ £95-£120 per unit; AS/A2 (4 unit qualifications) ~ £70 per unit; late fee ~ £75-£105 per unit; very late fee ~ £115-£150 per unit. AS/A2 (2 unit qualifications) fee ~ £120 per unit; late fee ~ £165-£180; very late fee ~ £200 -£220. ORAL Exams ~ £75 supplement per AS/A2 unit. Additional fees apply for AS/A2 Science practical courses (Edexcel only) - please enquire.
    My I.T exam is made up of 2 units a 40% CW and 60% written which I want to sit with them does that mean I would have to pay £120?

Nvm David game is actually cheaper then Campbell Harris
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, according to the previous post, 4 unit subjects are £70 per unit- £140 for 2.

However, it may cost more for coursework units, or they may not be able to accept you as they would be unable to authenticate the work as yours. There are some IT syllabuses that are not open to private candidates for this reason.

The exam board entry deadline for January is 21 October.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    Ealing Independent College
    thanks a bunch, for anyone who's interested:

they do before october 14th: £70 per unit
    15th october to 25th november: £125 per unit
    25th november to 10th december: £160 per unit
    and there is a £10 cash-in fee per subject for any of you fellow re-sitters out there
    phone number: 0208 579 6668
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got my units for 40 quid a unit, with a 90 sitting fee But not in london haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeighLeigh)
    guys ive been bashing my head against the wall looking for somewhere ti sit a level biology and gcse maths, and the ones ive found are a total rip off or dont do it.

they dont do practicals but you can sit all the exams here and go somewhere else for the practical sciences,

Richard Cleall
    Exams Officer
    Corelli College
    Corelli Road
    LONDON SE3 8EP

Pascals college want as much as £600 all together for the AS + A2 in sciences including the practical. so im going to do the exams with Kidbrook/corelli and if i cant find somewhere cheaper for the practical its £150 each for the 2 practicals with Pascals.
    Although Ealing College may be doing the practicals if their refurbishments are done on time they charge £100 each and told me to call back end of october to find out.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for this!
    I just called them up at they said its about £48 for an Economics A2 (unit 4) retake in jan. Pretty much half price as anywhere else!

Anyone else looking to do retakes - Corelli College takes entrants up to 18th Oct!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could try Vista Business College, VBCollege.co.uk

We are based in Hounslow. I know that we except private candidates for A level examinations. I believe it is £60 a paper with no other fee unless late registration. Try phone us on 020 8538 0220.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown681)
    Thanks for this!
    I just called them up at they said its about £48 for an Economics A2 (unit 4) retake in jan. Pretty much half price as anywhere else!

Anyone else looking to do retakes - Corelli College takes entrants up to 18th Oct!
    Could you please tell me what it was like i.e. the room size and number of other private candidate thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpfulteacher)
    You could try Vista Business College, VBCollege.co.uk

We are based in Hounslow. I know that we except private candidates for A level examinations. I believe it is £60 a paper with no other fee unless late registration. Try phone us on 020 8538 0220.
    & you are a teacher? Good heavens!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeighLeigh)

Richard Cleall
    Exams Officer
    Corelli College
    Corelli Road
    LONDON SE3 8EP

Hope this helps
    Hey, how did you contact them and arrange your exam registration? Also, where did you end up sitting your practical exams? Thank you
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    email Richard Cleall on rcleall@corellicollege.org.uk

For practicals try Oakheights @ £65 each.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 18, 2014
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.