The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wetin dey?
& you are a teacher? Good heavens!

Well College Lecturer but same sort of thing.
Would people consider 180-200 for 5 units good?

EDIT: 2 separate A-Levels

3 unirs for 1
and 2 for the other.
Reply 22
Original post by Data
I don't know what you would regard as cheap, but Campbell Harris is expensive, don't know about the others. My local centre (not near London) charges £25 a unit but I suspect you'd be lucky to get away with £40.

Mind telling me the name and place of this local centre please :biggrin:
Reply 23
Anyone know a center cheaper than £55/per unit for A2 6 unit exams and £70/per unit for A2 4 unit exams?

Have to resit 3 units (6 unit exam) + 2 units (4 unit exam) and looking at £305 total :s-smilie:
Reply 24
May need a centre to do a exam well one unit just to make it go up a grade.
Reply 25
Original post by All-in
Anyone know a center cheaper than £55/per unit for A2 6 unit exams and £70/per unit for A2 4 unit exams?

Have to resit 3 units (6 unit exam) + 2 units (4 unit exam) and looking at £305 total :s-smilie:

Corelli college London - SE3 @ £25 - 40 per unit.
Reply 26
Original post by dg2009

Hey how is Corelli College ie. are the exam rooms quiet, is the organisation good etc.?
Thanks!
Original post by dg2009

This! have you booked completely now? I got charged £29ish for 5 units each.
Reply 28
Original post by Cutmeloose
This! have you booked completely now? I got charged £29ish for 5 units each.

I haven't yet. It will cost me £134 for 4 units.
Reply 29
corelli college is fully booked, said they can't take any more for jan resits. anyone know any others with similair prices?
Original post by All-in
corelli college is fully booked, said they can't take any more for jan resits. anyone know any others with similair prices?

Hey When did they tell you this just out of interest?
Reply 31
Original post by x_anniie_x
Hey When did they tell you this just out of interest?

wednesday morning. which i found weird because in a previous email i was told the deadline to pay in cash was the 14th of October..
Original post by All-in
wednesday morning. which i found weird because in a previous email i was told the deadline to pay in cash was the 14th of October..

Omg Samee I got told the same, then the guy goes come and see me next week. I'm going to go and see him today. Did you give him your details and stuff
Reply 33
Hey,
I tried Corelli college but the examination guy is too busy I phoned him on Monday this week and he said he would likely get back to me next week.

However, after more searching I found a centre that will allow me to do the exams for cheap e.g. 5 units cost me £145. To be honest I couldn't find an cheaper place.

Get in touch with me and would be happy to help, as I understand how stressing it is.

Umar
Reply 34
I just phoned up North london college and they told me their prices are £80 per unit (reduced to £60 per unit if more than 4 units).

I guess they have increased their prices considering there are quite a lot of posts saying £25-40.
Original post by umar299
Hey,
I tried Corelli college but the examination guy is too busy I phoned him on Monday this week and he said he would likely get back to me next week.

However, after more searching I found a centre that will allow me to do the exams for cheap e.g. 5 units cost me £145. To be honest I couldn't find an cheaper place.

Get in touch with me and would be happy to help, as I understand how stressing it is.

Umar

Hey Umar, Yeah I went to the guy today and he was telling me how prices are going to go up next year and that they are going to scrap jan exams. But thats weird because all-in got told they are full up yet he is telling you i'll tell you next week. I turned up unexpected so I doubt he is 'that' busy.

wow thats like £20 cheaper than corelli. where is this place btw, I'll be gutted if its much nearer than corelli :/
Hey Umar, Yeah I went to the guy today and he was telling me how prices are going to go up next year and that they are going to scrap jan exams. But thats weird because all-in got told they are full up yet he is telling you i'll tell you next week. I turned up unexpected so I doubt he is 'that' busy.

wow thats like £20 cheaper than corelli. where is this place btw, I'll be gutted if its much nearer than corelli :/

So did you get to pay in the end? They must have made loads of money!

Corelli is so far from me aswell :frown:
Reply 37

Next academic year or 2013?
Reply 38
i paid £262.50 for three exams at pascal college
Original post by Cutmeloose
So did you get to pay in the end? They must have made loads of money!

Corelli is so far from me aswell :frown:

Ah you know what, I got told that I had to see him by appointment I was like well erm the fact that I Have a deadline to pay this by. But he saw me anyways. So I've paid now, the journey by train is much horrendous than bus for some odd reason lol.

Latest