The Student Room Group

Guys fashion advice...

Ok so I'm not going to say that I'm an attractive girl or that this is an original list but I've taken inspiration for this from this thread aimed at girls...

Added:
Cowl neck tops!!!
Skinny jeans-unless athletic, toned and not overweight or very skinny
Jeans with tracksuit bottom mterial waist and/or cuff.
Toms!
Dresses!

1) please please please stop wearing your top button done up IMO it looks like you need it to support your neck or something and reminds me of my school uniform :sadnod:

2) ugg boots on guys are not good, I don't like them on girls I think they make ankles look fat but yeah whatever.

3) don't wear jewellery. It looks cheap and tacky a plain watch is nice but not a one that looks as though it is weighing your wrist down...

4) cardigans are a female item of clothing! Old men wear cardigans not teenagers, please please please stop! Bots at my school have purchased cardigans to wear with their uniform and they wear it with their top button done up, it makes them look incredibly camp.
Causing a lot of debate, if you don't agree with this I apologise!

5) having your arse hanging out... What can I say? It's bad enough with nice boxers but with tatty ones it's just eugh... Personally I would prefer it I you didn't do it, it just looks like you can't afford a belt tbh!

6) tracksuit bottoms with cuffs... Well it's rather chavy tbh and jut looks strange kinda makes you look like little kids on football camp or something.

Well that's all ive got. If anyone wants to add anything to the list please PM me!

I do not mean to spud arrogant here I just want to say the points of male fashion which I think look stupid. I do not wish to offend anyone, please do not take offence if you do any of the above!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wear my top button done up, ugg boots, jewelry, cardigans, tracksuit bottoms with cuffs whilst having my arse hanging out at the same time, lets go on a date.
Guys wear Uggs now :lolwut:
Reply 3
also cowl neck tops. i have a full-on hate of them for some reason! :s
Reply 4
looooooool
Reply 5
I agree with everything you said there, no problems from this guy. :holmes:
Original post by I am 12
I wear my top button done up, ugg boots, jewelry, cardigans, tracksuit bottoms with cuffs whilst having my arse hanging out at the same time, lets go on a date.

Haha

Original post by Amwazicles
Guys wear Uggs now :lolwut:

Must just be where I'm from... Babies too. :sadnod:
Original post by c2010
also cowl neck tops. i have a full-on hate of them for some reason! :s

Done!

Original post by Fusilero
I agree with everything you said there, no problems from this guy. :holmes:

:smile:

Original post by G8D
This thread has nothing on the girl one.

Gee thanks.
Reply 8
Old men aren't female last time I checked.
Original post by OBAG09L
Old men aren't female last time I checked.

No but they wear them because they are cosy and stuff... teenagers don't need to be cosy!
Original post by Crazy Lady!!!
x

Isn't that all essentially common sense? :teehee:

Some people lack it, obviously, but still...
Original post by Drunk Punx
Isn't that all essentially common sense? :teehee:

Some people lack it, obviously, but still...

Well it's those people I'm trying to help! There are more of them than you would think! :sadnod:
Original post by AspiringGenius

Inspired by the Joey Essex from TOWIE.

I agree on the whole, uggs, top buttons, arse hanging out, tracksuit bottoms with cuffs. I do think cardigans are ok if the boy can pull it off, which does happen sometimes. Jewellery isn't really a big thing, except perhaps a stud earring although necklaces and that tend to be limited to the chavvy boys who think they're "gangsta".

I would add, skinny jeans, unless you are slim and have an athletic build. They don't work if you are overweight, dreadfully skinny or untoned. Generally, they're best avoided. Also, those jeans which have the tracksuit material waist and cuff. They look ridiculous.

Added!

Inspired by the Joey Essex from TOWIE.

I agree on the whole, uggs, top buttons, arse hanging out, tracksuit bottoms with cuffs. I do think cardigans are ok if the boy can pull it off, which does happen sometimes. Jewellery isn't really a big thing, except perhaps a stud earring although necklaces and that tend to be limited to the chavvy boys who think they're "gangsta".

I would add, skinny jeans, unless you are slim and have an athletic build. They don't work if you are overweight, dreadfully skinny or untoned. Generally, they're best avoided. Also, those jeans which have the tracksuit material waist and cuff. They look ridiculous.

Good god :afraid:
Haha

Must just be where I'm from... Babies too. :sadnod:

Babies I can sort of understand... but seriously.. guys? :K:
Original post by Amwazicles
Babies I can sort of understand... but seriously.. guys? :K:

Seriously and military boots with their trousers tucked in for school. Guys in newcastle are mixed up!
We care what you think why?
Ok so I'm not going to say that I'm an attractive girl or that this is an original list but I've taken inspiration for this from this thread aimed at girls...

Added:
Cowl neck tops!!!
Skinny jeans-unless athletic, toned and not overweight or very skinny
Jeans with tracksuit bottom mterial waist and/or cuff.

1) please please please stop wearing your top button done up IMO it looks like you need it to support your neck or something and reminds me of my school uniform :sadnod:

2) ugg boots on guys are not good, I don't like them on girls I think they make ankles look fat but yeah whatever.

3) don't wear jewellery. It looks cheap and tacky a plain watch is nice but not a one that looks as though it is weighing your wrist down...

4) cardigans are a female item of clothing! Old men wear cardigans not teenagers, please please please stop! Bots at my school have purchased cardigans to wear with their uniform and they wear it with their top button done up, it makes them look incredibly camp.

5) having your arse hanging out... What can I say? It's bad enough with nice boxers but with tatty ones it's just eugh... Personally I would prefer it I you didn't do it, it just looks like you can't afford a belt tbh!

6) tracksuit bottoms with cuffs... Well it's rather chavy tbh and jut looks strange kinda makes you look like little kids on football camp or something.

Well that's all ive got. If anyone wants to add anything to the list please PM me!

I do not mean to spud arrogant here I just want to say the points of male fashion which I think look stupid. I do not wish to offend anyone, please do not take offence if you do any of the above!

"Cardigans are a female item of clothing". That's like me telling you not to wear jeans as they are 'a male item of clothing.'
Wow, I've never dished out fashion advice before. :smile:

I watch the show to make me feel better about my life.

First for everything and lol!!!

Original post by rugbyladosc
We care what you think why?

Touched a nerve with a statement or two from the list? You don't have to care I'm just giving advice!
Reply 19
No but they wear them because they are cosy and stuff... teenagers don't need to be cosy!

Why should girls have a monopoly on cardigans, though? It's not as if they were originally designed for women.

I don't think there is anything inherently feminine about zip or button fastening knitwear. It's just convient to be able to open it rather tha take it off completely like a pullover.

Quick Reply

Latest