The Student Room Group

Anyone ever wear briefs instead of boxers?

I bought some briefs the other day as a change from boxers and find them really comfortable. I am a bit worried about how my girlfriend will react when she founds out I've got some briefs as I have always just worn boxers and briefs have a bit of an old man reputation. Does anyone else ever wear briefs as a change from boxers? Girls, do you mind if your boyfriend wears briefs sometimes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no brief wearers on here then?
Reply 2
I wore briefs

when I was 5
Reply 3
I find them really uncomfortable so I wear boxers now, but if you find them comfortable then I don't see why your gf would be embarrassed.

:lol:
Reply 4
Original post by SugarPuffs
I find them really uncomfortable so I wear boxers now, but if you find them comfortable then I don't see why your gf would be embarrassed.

:lol:

I think it will be me embarrassed not her. I am worried she will laugh and say what the hell are you doing wearing pants!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I think it will be me embarrassed not her. I am worried she will laugh and say what the hell are you doing wearing pants!

Well it won't matter much anyway because she'll be taking them off! :sexface:
Reply 6
Original post by SugarPuffs
Well it won't matter much anyway because she'll be taking them off! :sexface:

I wish!
Reply 7
Nah, what exactly makes them more comfortable though?
I find some of the more fitting Calvin Klein and Lonsdale ones more comfortable than boxers. They're also better for sports. I confess I wear both.
Reply 9
Original post by AP1989
Nah, what exactly makes them more comfortable though?

I wouldn't say they are more comfortable than boxers but just nice for a change.For the last 6 years I had always worn boxers, switching when I was 12. I don't know what made me buy some again but they are surprisingly comfortable
What is so wrong about wearing briefs? Why is everyone so worried about it or believing it's somehow 'nerdy' or something? It's not like anyone will know anyway - I mean, nobody can see whether you're wearing briefs or boxers unless you take your trousers off (and I assume most people only do that in private!), so what's the problem?

Personally I don't wear underwear. I hate underwear; I just wear jeans or trousers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Naami
My boyfriend wears brief :smile: I don't think you have to worry about it.

Would you not prefer him to wear boxers or do you not mind?
Reply 12
Original post by Raving_Hippy
What is so wrong about wearing briefs? Why is everyone so worried about it or believing it's somehow 'nerdy' or something? It's not like anyone will know anyway - I mean, nobody can see whether you're wearing briefs or boxers unless you take your trousers off (and I assume most people only do that in private!), so what's the problem?

Personally I don't wear underwear. I hate underwear; I just wear jeans or trousers.

There is a stigma attached to wearing briefs. People can see what you're wearing when you get changed at the gym or at football.
Reply 13
Original post by Raving_Hippy

from this comment, i can tell you are a virgin.:tongue: girls will care if they sleep with you and you undress to reveal briefs which little boys wear.

and do you change in gym/sports/swimming changing rooms too? i do often (because i go to the gym) and i have never seen any guy who wears briefs (i don't go out of my way to look but sometimes your eyes inadvertently catch these things).

briefs are definitely for little boys and i urge you to change to boxers asap by the time you eventually manage to sleep with a woman!:tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by Movember
from this comment, i can tell you are a virgin.:tongue: girls will care if they sleep with you and you undress to reveal briefs which little boys wear.

and do you change in gym/sports/swimming changing rooms too? i do often (because i go to the gym) and i have never seen any guy who wears briefs (i don't go out of my way to look but sometimes your eyes inadvertently catch these things).

briefs are definitely for little boys and i urge you to change to boxers asap by the time you eventually manage to sleep with a woman!:tongue:

wtf. this is rubbish. Going to the gym and playing sports is when guys are more likely to wear briefs for the support. One of my mates playes for a semi pro football team and he said that all the team wore briefs for games and practice and the manager wouldn't let them wear boxers as they give no support
Reply 15
Half way :P
I'm not sure about the difference between what i wear and boxers. Shaped like boxers but tighter?
Personally no I don't but to be honest if you like them..wear them? Do what YOU want to. If your girlfriend is going to throw a fit and judge you for wearing a certain style of mens underwear then....says more about her tbh.

But while we're on the topic of briefs/boxers...what is it with some universal design of boxes being really close/tight fitting?! I used to get basic white ones from M&S which are nice and loose, but they've changed the style of them(not the packaging I might add..) and now they're like skin tight with the whole elastic band thing going on! I'm not exactly well endowed as far as I'm aware but damn the style is just not comfy..I don't like to be restricted like that haha, but thing is all brands I've tried have the same type of fitting now!

ANYWAY....yeah..briefs..wear them if you like them.
Reply 18
Original post by joey11223
Personally no I don't but to be honest if you like them..wear them? Do what YOU want to. If your girlfriend is going to throw a fit and judge you for wearing a certain style of mens underwear then....says more about her tbh.

But while we're on the topic of briefs/boxers...what is it with some universal design of boxes being really close/tight fitting?! I used to get basic white ones from M&S which are nice and loose, but they've changed the style of them(not the packaging I might add..) and now they're like skin tight with the whole elastic band thing going on! I'm not exactly well endowed as far as I'm aware but damn the style is just not comfy..I don't like to be restricted like that haha, but thing is all brands I've tried have the same type of fitting now!

ANYWAY....yeah..briefs..wear them if you like them.

I don't think my girlfriend will throw a fit, she will just be a bit surprised that I'm not wearing the usual boxers. Even my mum was surprised when she was doing the laundry and saw there were briefs as well as boxers. Agree with the design issue, I prefer my boxers to be loose, and don't like the hybrid half boxer half briefs design
Reply 19
Don't assume that briefs are automatically less sexually appealing than boxers.

I'm currently wearing a pair of boxers that my Mum bought me which are covered in pictures of shrimp, and have the words "Prawn star" on the waistband :sigh:

I think briefs would probably be an improvement on these.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending