The Student Room Group

AS/A2

How does your overall grade work out at A-level?

Say like someone got a C at AS but then got an A at A2, would that be like a B overall?

I think my teachers said that A2 counts for more though since it's obviously harder but I just don't have a clue how to work anything out...
Reply 1
Most courses have 300ums for AS and 300 ums for A2. Meaning they count equal amounts, so for an A in as level you need 240/300 and for an A in A level you need 480/600 ums total. Your as ums are brought through to count in the 600.
(edited 12 years ago)
some subjects have more weighting on A2, but some don't. it depends on what board you're doing, what subjects, the raw unit marks and the minimum marks needed for certain grades for the year.
Original post by MooMoop
How does your overall grade work out at A-level?

Say like someone got a C at AS but then got an A at A2, would that be like a B overall?

I think my teachers said that A2 counts for more though since it's obviously harder but I just don't have a clue how to work anything out...

It depends completely on marks. AS is worth 50%, and A2 is worth 50%. You need 80+ to get an A, 70-79 to get a B, 60-69 to get a C, and so on...So it could still be an A overall in your example, or it could be a B, it depends on the separate marks.

Quick Reply

Latest