The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Is anyone applying for Feb 2014 entry to Sofia??
Reply 61
Original post by Border
Is anyone applying for Feb 2014 entry to Sofia??

Sure you don't mean Pleven as Sofia is a September start?
hey guys i would like to know about accommodation cost either a private room or a university hostel room. how much would each cost per month. Secondlly how is the food availability. are there a lot of takeaways there like as there are in uk..
Reply 63
Original post by mobot
Sure you don't mean Pleven as Sofia is a September start?

Yeah sorry i meant to say September haha...Do you know anyone applying for medicine in MU Sofia this year?
Reply 64
Original post by sunny anser
hey guys i would like to know about accommodation cost either a private room or a university hostel room. how much would each cost per month. Secondlly how is the food availability. are there a lot of takeaways there like as there are in uk..

The living cost in Bulgaria is the lowest of the all EU contries.Here you can check..
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Bulgaria&city=Sofia&displayCurrency=EUR
You might also find this intresting plus it says there are KFC'S,McDonalds and Burger Kings in Sofia
http://www.priceoftravel.com/2616/europes-cheapest-major-city-sofia-bulgaria-unexpectedly-posh/
I myself am applying to MU Sofia this year.

(edited 10 years ago)
whats the difference between university of Sofia and university if pleven. Are these both the same thing? i am confused
whats the difference between university of Sofia and university if pleven. Are these both the same thing? i am confused

no sofia university is in sofia and pleven university is in pleven :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67

A brief Google search tells me that they are two different universities. Is there any particular reason why you wouldn't think this?
Reply 68
Is anyone here also applying to MU Sofia?
offer for pleven in the bag :wink: anyone going to visit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
do you guys know if we have to submit translated and legalised copies of our documents before or after we admitted?
Reply 71
Original post by dent2012
do you guys know if we have to submit translated and legalised copies of our documents before or after we admitted?

The guys at outreach education do all of this for you. In the offer pack it says they use a notary public in Canterbury to do this.
Reply 72
Original post by mobot
The guys at outreach education do all of this for you. In the offer pack it says they use a notary public in Canterbury to do this.

Have you applied by using them? also, why are they working for free??
Reply 73
Original post by dent2012
Have you applied by using them? also, why are they working for free??

Yes, I have my offer for Pleven. I guess they get paid by the university and they work with a lot of universities and not just for medicine. I do have to pay for the legal work but that is all :smile:

I applied to outreach after e-mailing the university first as they told me about them. If you e-mail the university admissions office [email protected] then Miss Petya will get back to you.
Reply 74
What would you say would be the minimum grades to get into any of the Bulgarian universities? Like I can get high grades in my chem and bio but what would be the minimum?
Original post by Border
What would you say would be the minimum grades to get into any of the Bulgarian universities? Like I can get high grades in my chem and bio but what would be the minimum?

two B's i gave heard that they basically reteach you all the basics in first year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
two B's i gave heard that they basically reteach you all the basics in first year

Posted from TSR Mobile

where are you applying to?
Would you say that C's are the minimum?
Original post by Border
where are you applying to?
Would you say that C's are the minimum?

i currently hold an conditional offer for medicine at Pleven medical school . The conditions are two B's in biology and chemistry.I think all med schools in Bulgaria have the same requirement but get in touch with the uni you want to go to just to be sure!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
i currently hold an conditional offer for medicine at Pleven medical school . The conditions are two B's in biology and chemistry.I think all med schools in Bulgaria have the same requirement but get in touch with the uni you want to go to just to be sure!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey do you have any idea if we have to learn bulgarian? the language seems quite hard especially written as the alphabet is very different. will we have translators during clincal years or do we have to speak fluent bulgarian?
Reply 79
Original post by MrDoctor
hey do you have any idea if we have to learn bulgarian? the language seems quite hard especially written as the alphabet is very different. will we have translators during clincal years or do we have to speak fluent bulgarian?

You have to have the basic's by the 3rd year to be able to communicate with the patients but you do not need to be fluent.But,what you need to know will be taught to you.I myself am applying to Mu Sofia this year,if you have any queries don't hesitate to send me a private message.

Latest

Trending

Trending