Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who will be in the Champions League final this year?

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some of the best teams might meet earlier on but I think the final will be made up of 2 out of these 4 teams; Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester City.

I really can't see any other team that has the potential to beat those four.

Perfect Semi-Final;

Manchester United vs Real Madrid
    Manchester City vs Barcelona

Perfect Final;

Manchester United vs Barcelona.

*I'm a Manchester United supporter.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure on final but I think it will be Barca, City, Madrid and United in the semis.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if City will cope in Europe, can see it between United/Barca/Madrid/Bayern this year, with Chelsea with an outside chance if they can find their rhythm under AVB.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    fair enough. clearly cant see it myself, do they even have any good players any more?
    Yeah they have some decent players. It's more wishful thinking, I quite like Milan.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Not sure if City will cope in Europe, can see it between United/Barca/Madrid/Bayern this year, with Chelsea with an outside chance if they can find their rhythm under AVB.

City have a squad capable of winning the quadruple imo.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsMyUser)
    :party:

:gunfire:Barca?
    :crossedf: Man utd?
    :gunfire: Arsenal? Yh, they might have a chance

Real Madrid?:eek:

Chelsea?:eek:
    I actually lol'd when I read 'Arsenal'
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    im not interested in barca games - so i hope they dont get far. Hoping for Chelsea - Real.
    Chelsea vs Real. That'll be a final. I think Barcelona will lose to Madrid or Man utd/chelsea before they get to the final.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay no need to rub it in :/
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    City have a squad capable of winning the quadruple imo.
    The squad does, but the importance of the club having the ability to is somewhat different and vastly ignored by most fans IMO.

It's one thing to have a squad who on their day can win everything - Over half a dozen others can claim that though. Everything from the players to the board need to be born winners though. Do City have that throughout the club? IMO, no. Mancini is not a Champions League winning material manager. Brian Kidd is not part of a Champions League winning material backroom staff. To win this trophy, you need all of this or an incredible amount of luck/desire (i.e Dortmund '97).

City's group stage alone suggests luck isn't on their side in the early exchanges this year.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perfect Final;

Manchester United vs Barcelona.
    NO WAY. BORING. OVERRATED FIXTURE.

I'd rather Chelsea vs. Barca, Real vs. City, Utd-City, Byaern-City to name a few.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't get how everyone is writing chelsea off. I think their team is stronger. They had 2 bad seasons in the CL and could have won it 2 seasons in a row if john terry didn't slip and the ref saw the handball in the box when they faced barcelona. How are City who have hardly any experienced players in the CL be considered more than them, they'll get raped by madrid like tottenham did. Too much City hype.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I don't get how everyone is writing chelsea off. I think their team is stronger. They had 2 bad seasons in the CL and could have won it 2 seasons in a row if john terry didn't slip and the ref saw the handball in the box when they faced barcelona. How are City who have hardly any experienced players in the CL be considered more than them, they'll get raped by madrid like tottenham did. Too much City hype.
    The Chelsea XI can compete with anyone. In terms of squad depth, they've fallen behind not only in England but in Europe as well.

If they succeed at anything they'll need to put their eggs all in one basket and take a hit on their other competitions. That won't happen though, it'd be suicide at a club like Chelsea.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tvdx)
    Yeah they have some decent players. It's more wishful thinking, I quite like Milan.
    Who do milan have, in midfield their best guy is aquilani, the rest are 33 year olds who are past it and if it wasn't for inter's poor management under benitez inter should easily win Serie A. I don't know what happened with schalke because Man united pulled their pants down.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Look at their strikers, and compare that to Spurs fielding Crouch up front alone at the Bernabeu (FOR 15MINS) LOL. (NOT FORGETTING THE REST OF THEIR SQUAD)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United v Manchester City/ Barcelona
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    An El Clasico final.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    City have the best sqaud in PL. Their squad is probably second to Real's in whole of Europe.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd Vs Real Madrid
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Who do milan have, in midfield their best guy is aquilani, the rest are 33 year olds who are past it and if it wasn't for inter's poor management under benitez inter should easily win Serie A. I don't know what happened with schalke because Man united pulled their pants down.
    Fair, they have got an old midfield but you could say it was experienced. In fact, no other midfield in the world has as much experience accrued. Their strikeforce is good, Zlatan, Cassano, Pato, Robinho.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmucks)
    The Chelsea XI can compete with anyone. In terms of squad depth, they've fallen behind not only in England but in Europe as well.

If they succeed at anything they'll need to put their eggs all in one basket and take a hit on their other competitions. That won't happen though, it'd be suicide at a club like Chelsea.
    They won the double a season ago. Just because Man City have like 2 first team squads doesn't mean they'll win in all fronts. Chelsea's problem last season was the lack of cover in defence after injuries and all the strikers had a bad time, but look at our strike force now, even with torres not playing as well as he was at liverpool we still have Drogba/anelka/mata/sturridge to name a few.

We have depth, it's just that we don't have household names like man city, that was the chelsea team 6 years ago when mourinho first took charge. A bunch of good players doesn't mean success, look at real madrid, their second 11 would beat valencia and villareal and their first 11 is much better, yet they've hardly won anything besides the spanish cup. Barcelona had no depth at all last season and it got to the point where they had to use mascherano as a makeshift centre back and adriano as a left back when he's a winger and they won the double so depth isn't really that much of a factor.

It's like people look at fifa and say who will win the league by their ratings. That's why I get annoyed by the city hype, he couldn't win the CL at inter, what makes it that he can win it at City, Inter were rich at the time. City rant over lol.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 19, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.