Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who will be in the Champions League final this year?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    More intruiged about the fixed draw tomorrow
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I said at the round of 16 stage that I could see an English team sneaking into a final.

That ambitious prediction is still on.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I said at the round of 16 stage that I could see an English team sneaking into a final.

If we get barca or madrid in the quarters, we might as well give them a free pass to the semis. Semis however I think we'll step up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    If we get barca or madrid in the quarters, we might as well give them a free pass to the semis. Semis however I think we'll step up.
    Oh god if chelsea get madrid and barca dont bother, your going out unless messi and ronaldo get injured.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)

That´s actually not a bad call, the fact that so many underdogs are still in the competition could create an "easy" way to the final.

Imagine one of the two branches being: Benfica, Apoel and Marseille + "XY". Pretty much every other team that´s still in the competition would be expected to make it to the final with those opponents.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bayern-AC Milan Final!
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    When is the draw and is it on TV?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    El Clasico :yawn:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    When is the draw and is it on TV?
    Already happened:

Benfica - Chelsea
    Barcelona - Milan

Apoel - Real
    Bayern - Marseille.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can really see a Bayern-Barcelona final but it's so open this year. Last season, you'd be crazy if you predicted an APOEL - Real Madrid quarter final but this season who knows? Maybe APOEL could cause another upset?
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    Already happened:

Benfica - Chelsea
    Barcelona - Milan

Apoel - Real
    Bayern - Marseille.
    Hmm looks like Chelsea got one of the two teams they were hoping for and Barca v Milan is :coma:

Which of these games will be coming on ITV and what date? (not SS because I cannot afford it). I can never find out these things
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the way that, at the beginning of this post everybody is carrying on about how great the two Manchester clubs are going to be in this seasons champs league. Well where are they now?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm looks like Chelsea got one of the two teams they were hoping for and Barca v Milan is :coma:

Which of these games will be coming on ITV and what date? (not SS because I cannot afford it). I can never find out these things
    Tuesday 27th/Wednesday 28th March (first legs), and Tuesday 3rd/Wednesday 4th April (second legs). Not sure which will be shown on ITV, but if they're not shown on the main channel aren't they usually broadcast via ITV 2?

You can always stream; that's how I watch the majority of matches.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

They'll broadcast Chelsea home because they're the only home team left. They'll also probably want a tie of the Barca-Milan game, or else it'll be the Apoel-Madrid game (Marseille-Munich wouldn't generate enough ratings imo.)
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    El Clasico :yawn:
    Of course. Like the all manc derby, I thought that was gonna be the europa league final. Oh wait...

I fancy an el classico, but I reckon if milan beat barca and chelsea beat benfica, chelsea will be in the final. Milan had two close games against barcelona.

APOEL are going to get ass ****ed. It'll be a repeat of the tottenham vs real madrid quarter final.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course. Like the all manc derby, I thought that was gonna be the europa league final. Oh wait...

I fancy an el classico, but I reckon if milan beat barca and chelsea beat benfica, chelsea will be in the final. Milan had two close games against barcelona.

APOEL are going to get ass ****ed. It'll be a repeat of the tottenham vs real madrid quarter final.
    I really don't think Chelsea would beat Milan, if they were to both progress.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    I really don't think Chelsea would beat Milan, if they were to both progress.
    I'm not too sure about that, the thing about chelsea is that they have experience when it's on the big stage, so do you guys tbf but they don't get too many games anymore. Plus if arsenal can score 3 against you guys, it's possible for a chelsea win over 2 legs. I'm not being biased either. I reckon that it would go to away goals.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure about that, the thing about chelsea is that they have experience when it's on the big stage, so do you guys tbf but they don't get too many games anymore. Plus if arsenal can score 3 against you guys, it's possible for a chelsea win over 2 legs. I'm not being biased either. I reckon that it would go to away goals.
    Arsenal scored 3 against us, but a lot of that has to do with us having scored 4, and the subsequent mindset a lot of the team found themselves fooled into. For me, I just don't see Chelsea winning that, but hey - that's what drives the football business along I guess xD
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    Arsenal scored 3 against us, but a lot of that has to do with us having scored 4, and the subsequent mindset a lot of the team found themselves fooled into. For me, I just don't see Chelsea winning that, but hey - that's what drives the football business along I guess xD
    Even when milan stepped up, arsenal could have still scored the final goal. Well, liverpool beat us in 05 when we should have got the CL that year. So anything is possible, especially with a team as good as ours.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I know you put it into context, but you still can´t use experience as an argument against Milan.

Especially because the best Chelsea players this season have been the inexperienced ones like Mata and Sturridge.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.