Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who will be in the Champions League final this year?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDubs)
    Ah well said - What team d'ya support by the way?
    Chelsea. Probably why I think they'll be in the final, plus mata, torres and sturridge making a new front 3.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Chelsea. Probably why I think they'll be in the final, plus mata, torres and sturridge making a new front 3.
    Hahah thought so. I knew there was something up or a bit of bias involved if someone agreed with my stance's regarding a club!

Fine starting front three. You have that fella, eh, Drogba? Yeah a decent enough sub I suppose!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDubs)
    Hahah thought so. I knew there was something up or a bit of bias involved if someone agreed with my stance's regarding a club!

Fine starting front three. You have that fella, eh, Drogba? Yeah a decent enough sub I suppose!
    Yeah, plus anelka and malouda(who is only good for assisting goals) on the bench. Seeing as they were the front 3 last season and worked really well for the first half of the season that's a good bench.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    football is unpredictable.Most likely Barca.And in current form Bayern could be there too.It practically would be a match between top 2 international teams: Spain vs Germany.Dont wanna see United again unless someones takes Barca out before the final.Madrid has a chnace too but Mourinho needs to become less whiny and Ronaldo less sellfish.I dont see any other top team besides United in England.City has not a team,Chelseas golden periods is over,Arsenal well.... no comment.It will be between Barca,Madrid,Bayern,Man United.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona v Madrid/United

Don't rule out Bayern.

Chelsea to make the quarters.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legends Legends)
    football is unpredictable.Most likely Barca.And in current form Bayern could be there too.It practically would be a match between top 2 international teams: Spain vs Germany.Dont wanna see United again unless someones takes Barca out before the final.Madrid has a chnace too but Mourinho needs to become less whiny and Ronaldo less sellfish.I dont see any other top team besides United in England.City has not a team,Chelseas golden periods is over,Arsenal well.... no comment.It will be between Barca,Madrid,Bayern,Man United.
    I may be biased but please tell me how our golden period is over? We didn't win a trophy last season even though we were close to winning the league even with a 15 point gap between the leaders, we won the double the season before. We didn't win any trophies when mourinho left and grant took over but the next year we won the fa cup and ancelotti came and won us the double?
    We have a new younger team as well so you can't say we're too old and when we faced man united a few weeks ago we matched them in nearly every aspect but they just took their chances and we didn't. Last season with our start you wouldn't have said our golden period is over, even though united started the way we started this season.
    I can take you saying we're not reaching the final, but saying that our golden period is over is a load of rubbish.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I may be biased but please tell me how our golden period is over? We didn't win a trophy last season even though we were close to winning the league even with a 15 point gap between the leaders, we won the double the season before. We didn't win any trophies when mourinho left and grant took over but the next year we won the fa cup and ancelotti came and won us the double?
    We have a new younger team as well so you can't say we're too old and when we faced man united a few weeks ago we matched them in nearly every aspect but they just took their chances and we didn't. Last season with our start you wouldn't have said our golden period is over, even though united started the way we started this season.
    I can take you saying we're not reaching the final, but saying that our golden period is over is a load of rubbish.

Chelseas golden period is over ,as they had a better chance of winning the CL in the last 5-6 years than now.They should have won it in 2008 but were maybe a little bit unlucky.But now the competition is much tougher.Barca,Madrid,Bayern and to some extent even Man U and Milan are much stronger.Back then Chelsea was easily top 2 but now even top 4 might be slightly stretching it.They have a chance still but I wouldnt put my money on them.In premiere league they face a tougher competition with the team chemistry United has and the squad(probably the best in EPL) City has.Chelsea could become a top team(with a ongoing golden period) again by some incredibly performances(win EPL,CL) but until then the verdict is that there golden period is over.Plus financial fair play rule will restrict them even further.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    anyone thinking arsenal could do a liverpool? :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have to see transfers in January and possible injuries before making a decision
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legends Legends)
    Chelseas golden period is over ,as they had a better chance of winning the CL in the last 5-6 years than now.They should have won it in 2008 but were maybe a little bit unlucky.But now the competition is much tougher.Barca,Madrid,Bayern and to some extent even Man U and Milan are much stronger.Back then Chelsea was easily top 2 but now even top 4 might be slightly stretching it.They have a chance still but I wouldnt put my money on them.In premiere league they face a tougher competition with the team chemistry United has and the squad(probably the best in EPL) City has.Chelsea could become a top team(with a ongoing golden period) again by some incredibly performances(win EPL,CL) but until then the verdict is that there golden period is over.Plus financial fair play rule will restrict them even further.
    You do know that the highest we've payed for a player this season was 23 million. Man united spent 30 million on players although they're in debt, Man city have spent 60 million, liverpool have spent 60 million, we have spent 40 million. Who is messed up the most in terms of fair play? It's not chelsea for sure because we have a new team and don't need any players, man city will keep on buying players, liverpool don't have a clue on who they're buying tbh. Chelsea have a team for the next 5 years and that's a fact so we're not under pressure to get players.
    So you're saying that chelsea aren't a top team, although over the past 5 years we're the 3rd best team in europe including last season? Ok the competition is a lot, but did you fancy man united's team to make the final of the champions league and win the prem? It looked like vidic and van der sar were the only consistant players for the first half of the season yet they won things.
    Chelsea's team is as good as the 2008 team that got in the final and is as good as the 2009 team that should have got into the final, compare the team player for player and you'll say that too. We've had two bad years in the CL to our standards and we're written off as contenders(we lost to inter who won the CL with ease and lost to man united when we were just getting out of our crisis). Look at madrid and bayern, bayern were lucky to get into the final two years ago, and madrid has got into one semi final in like 7 years.
    Also liverpool won the CL, that says it all.
    You act like all we are is just money and we buy players for no reason, we're not man city, we make like 2 or 3 buys per season to areas that need strengthening, unlike city who buy two first teams so we're not going to be affected by fair play, man united are just as affected as we are if my assumptions about fair play are right and you only spent what your club earns as they've been in debt since the takeover.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have an odd fancy that it would be someone surprising, Benfica maybe?

The usual educated guess would be Barcelona.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona agaisnt an English club is my lucky guess.

That is presuming, the inevitable dsnt happen, & da last 2 english clubs dnt get drawn with each other in quarters or semis
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzybear)
    anyone thinking arsenal could do a liverpool? :awesome:
    Mate, if Carlsberg made football seasons, that would be it. Imagine, after all this criticism, Wenger guides us to our second Champions League final and wins it, and we finish 6th jus to take da piss. Haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea could win it but they need to buy a new striker.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona vs. United/Real/Inter/random outsider.
    • 35 followers

I still think City can reach the final although it's looking like a tough task. But then again Liverpool lost the first 3 games of the group stages when they won the Champions League in 2004/2005. I'm hoping that things will "click" into place for City in Europe. It has too. It would be a disaster if they exited at the group stages. Believe me it's something I really do fear.
    • 35 followers

(Original post by TRUE_GOONERM)
    Mate, if Carlsberg made football seasons, that would be it. Imagine, after all this criticism, Wenger guides us to our second Champions League final and wins it, and we finish 6th jus to take da piss. Haha
    I actually think Arsenal have chance. They're pretty much out of the running for the Premier League title and I can't see them being too bothered about either of the domestic cups. So I think they'll focus on Europe for once and you may just get lucky.

I magine if you finished 6th and Spurs 4th and then you won the Champions League? Arsenal would qualify ahead of Spurs as the winners are guaranteed a spot and because they'd have finished outside the top 4 they'd take the place of whoever finished 4th.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letmewin94)
    Chelsea could win it but they need to buy a new striker.
    What the hell are you talking about? So Torres getting back to form and Drogba being on the BENCH isn't enough, plus lukaku, sturridge and anelka aren't good enough as strikers. Sturridge has scored like 11 goals in 15 appearances but can't get into the striker spot so has to play on the wing. Make a statement when you look at the real picture. We don't have any *******s in our team besides keeping a clean sheet, this whole slow midfield business is gone now, did you see the way they played against bolton.
    Completely uninformed statement.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dont think chelsea will make it past quarters. Barcelona vs Madrid for me unless they meet each other earlier. Dark horses Napoli and Bayern
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You do know that the highest we've payed for a player this season was 23 million. Man united spent 30 million on players although they're in debt, Man city have spent 60 million, liverpool have spent 60 million, we have spent 40 million. Who is messed up the most in terms of fair play? It's not chelsea for sure because we have a new team and don't need any players, man city will keep on buying players, liverpool don't have a clue on who they're buying tbh. Chelsea have a team for the next 5 years and that's a fact so we're not under pressure to get players.
    So you're saying that chelsea aren't a top team, although over the past 5 years we're the 3rd best team in europe including last season? Ok the competition is a lot, but did you fancy man united's team to make the final of the champions league and win the prem? It looked like vidic and van der sar were the only consistant players for the first half of the season yet they won things.
    Chelsea's team is as good as the 2008 team that got in the final and is as good as the 2009 team that should have got into the final, compare the team player for player and you'll say that too. We've had two bad years in the CL to our standards and we're written off as contenders(we lost to inter who won the CL with ease and lost to man united when we were just getting out of our crisis). Look at madrid and bayern, bayern were lucky to get into the final two years ago, and madrid has got into one semi final in like 7 years.
    Also liverpool won the CL, that says it all.
    You act like all we are is just money and we buy players for no reason, we're not man city, we make like 2 or 3 buys per season to areas that need strengthening, unlike city who buy two first teams so we're not going to be affected by fair play, man united are just as affected as we are if my assumptions about fair play are right and you only spent what your club earns as they've been in debt since the takeover.
    Lol. Deluded mate. Chelsea can't compete with Barca/Real/United or even City. To say that they have a team for the next 5 years is mad too. Where's your world class replacements for Terry, Cole, Lampard, Drogba?

And to say Liverpool don't know who they're buying is stupid too. They bought players to 'steady the ship' if you like while we improve after losing all our players, a decent manager and gaining a **** manager all before Kenny came back.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.