The Student Room Group

Womens shops should be encouraged to stop stocking revealing clothes above size 12.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Popppppy

Original post by Popppppy
So you think these women should cover up?

My point Exactly, people create some Pathetic Forums Haa! The OP must be stick thin Lol :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by lacelicker
Dress size isn't indicative of weather someone's fat or not, granted a size 22 person will never be slim, and a size 8 person is not going to be a heffer. But, for example I swim a lot and am size 14, so I have pretty good legs, I have a friend who is naturally slimier at a size 12 but (putting it nicely) her leg's aren't her best feature. And yet she wears mini skirts, while I wear big baggy jeans.

You can't assume that someone's dress size reflcets their weight, because for 70% of the time I won't. And by the way - a lot of shops already do have a size stop point, lipsy and Superdry for example, rarely stock over a size 12/14.

tehe :smile: immature ahah
Original post by Blalala
tehe :smile: immature ahah

Haha - didn't spot that :P
Reply 143
I really don't see why you care so much. If fat people want to wear "revealing" clothes, that's up to them. Also, many people are perfectly healthy at size 14 or 16, particularly tall women.
Well your method as an incentive to keep trim made me chuckle :tongue:

I think this may cause some debate though, and probably is a taking away people's rights....

And by that logic, you are also dictating what the larger ladies clothes shops should stock, yes? I could see where you would be coming from there.....

I definately think if you do struggle largely with your weight you should think about what you wear :cool:
If the stores are to only sell turtleneck tops and long skirts to normal size women (size 14 is average in the UK, innit?) then they should not sell any clothes to guys who have
A. Beerbellies
B. Ugly mugs
C. Any other wobbly bits
D. Small cocks
These guys can wear shopping bags for clothing.

I honestly don't understand men or women for that matter who think they can dictate what people should and should not look like. Who the **** are you to be such a smug piece of work and for anyone at all to listen to you?
Of course you are assuming that above size 12 = fat and lazy. And ignoring the fact that sizes differ hugely between shops (so someone could easily be a size 10 in one shop, a size 12 in another, and a size 14 in another), and ignoring the fact that things like boob size etc can also hugely affect the size someone is.

Quick Reply

Latest