The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Im from Latvia, and i'm applying to universities through the UCAS, how will my points be calculated?
Original post by Nick0N
Im from Latvia, and i'm applying to universities through the UCAS, how will my points be calculated?

Latvian qualifications won't have an equivalent value in UCAS points like that, if you receive an offer it will not be on the basis of points.
Reply 202
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Latvian qualifications won't have an equivalent value in UCAS points like that, if you receive an offer it will not be on the basis of points.

Eh, so that basically means i have lower chances of getting inside university, or?
Original post by Nick0N
Eh, so that basically means i have lower chances of getting inside university, or?

Universities don't rely entirely on UCAS points, they know there are no UCAS point equivalents for a lot of non-UK qualifications. If you get an offer it will just be on the basis of grades for whatever qualifications you're doing, not "you need this many UCAS points".
Reply 204
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Universities don't rely entirely on UCAS points, they know there are no UCAS point equivalents for a lot of non-UK qualifications. If you get an offer it will just be on the basis of grades for whatever qualifications you're doing, not "you need this many UCAS points".

I'm having exams at the end of June/July , they will be rated A/B/C/ ...
But the problem is i need to apply this year.

I'm interested in art - animation/character modeling, and i need foundation year.
For example, Teesside University.

Entry requirements -

A typical offer is 200 tariff points. The entry criteria are based on your ability to succeed and can be demonstrated in a variety of ways including:

a range of Level 3 qualifications (NVQ 3, BTEC Award, A level)

appropriate training through work.

Reply 205
Original post by Nick0N
I'm having exams at the end of June/July , they will be rated A/B/C/ ...
But the problem is i need to apply this year.

I'm interested in art - animation/character modeling, and i need foundation year.
For example, Teesside University.

Entry requirements -

A typical offer is 200 tariff points. The entry criteria are based on your ability to succeed and can be demonstrated in a variety of ways including:

a range of Level 3 qualifications (NVQ 3, BTEC Award, A level)

appropriate training through work.

Email the university and ask them what grades they would expect for your qualifications.
Should I be worried that my ucas form has been processing since early monday morning? I assumed it'd be done by now...
Reply 207
Original post by sarahwarahbarah

Should I be worried that my ucas form has been processing since early monday morning? I assumed it'd be done by now...

If you're logging into Apply, sometimes that never changes. It will say processing forever!

Try requesting your details using the "forgotten details" bit of Track.
Original post by Juno
If you're logging into Apply, sometimes that never changes. It will say processing forever!

Try requesting your details using the "forgotten details" bit of Track.

Thanks! It worked :smile:
Reply 209

Thanks! It worked :smile:

Can you try logging into Apply a lot later (say, a month or so) and see if it still says "processing" and report back, please? I'd love to know if it does actually stay forever or if it just takes ages to change.
Original post by Juno
Can you try logging into Apply a lot later (say, a month or so) and see if it still says "processing" and report back, please? I'd love to know if it does actually stay forever or if it just takes ages to change.

Yes sure :smile:
Stupid question, if I was to get my fifth response this week/next week does this I'll ahve to decide on a firm/insurance really early?
Original post by Juno

It now says that it has been processed and sent to the universities, two days later than track says it was sent.
I'm still in the process of writing the personal statement, mainly because I want to make it the best I can possibly get it, and not end up in a situation where I send it off, then get annoyed because I remember something really good I could have put, when it'd be too late.

Anyone else still in the 'application process'? And when do you plan to send yours off?
its all good at the moment for you, you have plenty of time, i believe that you don't have to send them off until march 2012?
Reply 215
I am.... near enough finished my personal statement but my problem is that i can't make my mind up on my final choice!! :s-smilie:

Good luck. :smile:
Original post by RastaMannn
its all good at the moment for you, you have plenty of time, i believe that you don't have to send them off until march 2012?

January 15th
Reply 217
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Stupid question, if I was to get my fifth response this week/next week does this I'll ahve to decide on a firm/insurance really early?
No. Your deadline would be early May - that's the earliest anyone has to make up their mind.
As the title says, i'm on a gap year right now and i have my a levels already. will this mean universities will get back to me quicker or is it pretty much irrelevant? if it matters, the universities i'm applying to are:
warwick
durham
york
exeter
undecided on the final one

thanks!
Reply 219
Original post by toofaforu
As the title says, i'm on a gap year right now and i have my a levels already. will this mean universities will get back to me quicker or is it pretty much irrelevant? if it matters, the universities i'm applying to are:
warwick
durham
york
exeter
undecided on the final one

thanks!
They may; then again, they may not. Impossible to say.

Latest

Trending

Trending