The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Hannah-
I'm a little confused, basically I finished college in June, but wasn't content with my A level history grade so plan on resitting. The exam is in June of next year. How do I enter this on the actual UCAS application? I'm resitting for a personal reason that's pretty valid, would I have to mention it anywhere? At the moment I have two full A levels and three AS levels. The second A level (the history) is what I'm resitting, but it's one exam, just one I didn't do too well in earlier this year. Any help? Thanks :smile:
You enter the examination centre where you'll be sitting the exam, with a start date of now and an end date of next June; then you'll be able to enter the History resit. You can say why you are resitting in your PS if you want to, but you don't have to. If you enter your module grades as well as your overall grade it should be obvious why you're resitting if the module in question had a much lower mark than the rest.
Reply 101
Original post by Minerva
You enter the examination centre where you'll be sitting the exam, with a start date of now and an end date of next June; then you'll be able to enter the History resit. You can say why you are resitting in your PS if you want to, but you don't have to. If you enter your module grades as well as your overall grade it should be obvious why you're resitting if the module in question had a much lower mark than the rest.

Ahh, wonderful. Thank you very much for the help, I appreciate it :smile:
Reply 102
Hi guys,

I am having problems with UCAS - I understand that you have to declare all your current studies and previous qualifications. I am from Sydney, Australia and I have entered my Year 12 High school leaver's results, but when I try to fill out my degree details that I have enrolled in for my first year University education, it insists on qualification date (I won't qualify until 2013, and that date is NOT THERE!!) and I have no idea what organization body it will qualify as. Should I just ignore it or enter incorrect details?

I am applying for Cambridge, and they're ok with my situation as I have already mailed in my university transcript and marks sent in so far, but I don't want to make a mistake sending off UCAS.

Also, if UCAS doesn't ask for my Year 10 School Certificate results, can I just ignore it and leave my application with my Year 12 Higher school certificate results?

Thanks for any help. I can't find the answer anywhere, or I am just miserable at looking it up D:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by Fleecedog
Hi guys,

I am having problems with UCAS - I understand that you have to declare all your current studies and previous qualifications. I am from Sydney, Australia and I have entered my Year 12 High school leaver's results, but when I try to fill out my degree details that I have enrolled in for my first year University education, it insists on qualification date (I won't qualify until 2013, and that date is NOT THERE!!) and I have no idea what organization body it will qualify as. Should I just ignore it or enter incorrect details?

I am applying for Cambridge, and they're ok with my situation as I have already mailed in my university transcript and marks sent in so far, but I don't want to make a mistake sending off UCAS.

Also, if UCAS doesn't ask for my Year 10 School Certificate results, can I just ignore it and leave my application with my Year 12 Higher school certificate results?

Thanks for any help. I can't find the answer anywhere, or I am just miserable at looking it up D:
You should enter your Year 10 results, if the school certificate is a nationally recognised qualification (as in, you would have needed to declare it for university entrance in Oz).

As for your current uni, change the finish date (I know you don't plan to stay that long) and you should then be able to enter the qualification date.
Reply 104
Looking for answers!

In Austria, the 12th class if your last class before you take the Matura exam. (equivalent to A-levels.)
You get a school report every year after the year how you did in all the classes (they are fixed and no choice classes.) So naturally before the Matura you get your last report for the 12th year. Now: Do I add my grades from the 12th year to the application in UCAS or not?

Second:
I'm doing my BA degree as stated in another thread. Now I have courses and lectures which I am putting down as qualifications because they are. Do I add which type it is (Course or Lecture) too? E.g. Conversation (Course), Linguistics (Lecture) or do I just do Conversation, Linguistics? :x
I done AiDa and CiDa at Level 2. They go in as individual qualifications right?
Reply 106
As an applicant to UKCAT universities, do I need to add this exam on Apply?
Original post by benom2

Universities will take the score from pearson vue database by matching your name, address and DOB.
Reply 108
Original post by JohnJoe
Looking for answers!

In Austria, the 12th class if your last class before you take the Matura exam. (equivalent to A-levels.)
You get a school report every year after the year how you did in all the classes (they are fixed and no choice classes.) So naturally before the Matura you get your last report for the 12th year. Now: Do I add my grades from the 12th year to the application in UCAS or not?

Second:
I'm doing my BA degree as stated in another thread. Now I have courses and lectures which I am putting down as qualifications because they are. Do I add which type it is (Course or Lecture) too? E.g. Conversation (Course), Linguistics (Lecture) or do I just do Conversation, Linguistics? :x
For the Matura, enter the final grade/s that you were awarded.

For the BA degree, just put the module titles, not the teaching method.

Original post by DannyR2811
I done AiDa and CiDa at Level 2. They go in as individual qualifications right?
Yes

Original post by benom2
See below

Original post by olympus123456
Universities will take the score from pearson vue database by matching your name, address and DOB.
Yes, but you still need to show that you are taking it.
Reply 109
Thanks Minerva. Like the name, btw.
how does the payment work? if the method is by using a credit card, do you just enter all the card details and click Make Payment? that's it? then how do they know what kind of card we use and whether the details are all correct? I'm a bit worried since I've never used a credit card to pay online.
Reply 111
Original post by desy.kris
how does the payment work? if the method is by using a credit card, do you just enter all the card details and click Make Payment? that's it? then how do they know what kind of card we use and whether the details are all correct? I'm a bit worried since I've never used a credit card to pay online.

Yep, just enter the card details and click 'Make Payment', you should then get an email telling you that they have recieved payment but this could take a couple of days. :smile:
Original post by Mission
but this could take a couple of days. :smile:

firstly thank you so much for replying! I'm applying to Oxford so my deadline is this Saturday, I've just submitted my application although it's not yet sent off by my school centre, do you think my application can be received on time? I'm very afraid if it's too late, moreover you said it might take a few days! :O
Reply 113
Original post by desy.kris
firstly thank you so much for replying! I'm applying to Oxford so my deadline is this Saturday, I've just submitted my application although it's not yet sent off by my school centre, do you think my application can be received on time? I'm very afraid if it's too late, moreover you said it might take a few days! :O

It might take a few days for the email to come through but as long as you have the money in the account or a sufficent overdraft then the money should go through instantly. As long as your school sends your application off quickly it should be on time. Good luck!
With regards to resitting modules, if you have a doctor's note giving an explaination as to why you underperformed in those exams, should you send it off to uni or do they not particularly care?
I'm applying to Cambridge and therefore I have to enter all my module results but I resat three seperate modules (one in French, one in History, one in Geography) and it looks really awful on the form! I do have a genuine reason for resitting, not just a feeble attempt to boost UMS, but I feel like they're going to reject me because I look like I can't do it 'the first time around'.
Great thread! thanks a lot hood :smile:
Just to confirm, I've done maths GCSE once at my high school and i've put that in, i done it another 3 times at my old college, do i put all 3 attempts in or the highest grade?
I have a problem here friends please see if you can help.

I'm applying to Cambridge this year and I have not chosen the rest four Unis yet. I have, however, already submitted the UCAS application few days before with the other choices remained blank. My status now is:

"Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator.
Your reference has not yet been started."

Though I've read the instructions of this thread that I can still add more choices into the application, I'm not sure if this applies to my stage. Can anyone tell me if I can still add courses to my application?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by kevinwong0511
I have a problem here friends please see if you can help.

I'm applying to Cambridge this year and I have not chosen the rest four Unis yet. I have, however, already submitted the UCAS application few days before with the other choices remained blank. My status now is:

"Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator.
Your reference has not yet been started."

Though I've read the instructions of this thread that I can still add more choices into the application, I'm not sure if this applies to my stage. Can anyone tell me if I can still add courses to my application?

Thanks in advance.
You can, but you can only do so once your application is approved by your referee/coordinator and your reference has been finished. There's no hurry to add choices though, so having to wait a week or so won't be an issue :smile:

However, you need to kick your referee into submitting your form soon, remember the deadline is Saturday 15th.
Original post by fluteflute
You can, but you can only do so once your application is approved by your referee/coordinator and your reference has been finished. There's no hurry to add choices though, so having to wait a week or so won't be an issue :smile:

However, you need to kick your referee into submitting your form soon, remember the deadline is Saturday 15th.

Thanks mate! This problem makes me frustrated for a whole day! :P Yep surely I'll do so!
Thanks again!

Latest