The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When ive sent my application through, up until what point can i still make changes on my application such as courses, PS etc.?
Original post by --NWzD9--

When ive sent my application through, up until what point can i still make changes on my application such as courses, PS etc.?

Seven days (possibly a couple more than seven, because the seven is from the date UCAS processes your application) to change your courses. You can't change your PS or any other parts of your application.
Original post by fluteflute
Seven days (possibly a couple more than seven, because the seven is from the date UCAS processes your application) to change your courses. You can't change your PS or any other parts of your application.

So, if i was to pay/send my UCAS application today, would i only have 7 days to add/delete/change courses?

What if more universities started offering the course after the 7 days, or have all the universities decided what they're offering?

I saw someone asked the same question on UCAS FB page and it's actually 6 days. well, it's one week but the day you send your application off is counted as the first day, so say you submit your application on friday, next thursday is your last day to change your details.

if you've applied to less than 5 choices, you are allowed to add choices whenever you like as long as it's before the deadline (normally january).

and I reckon all universities have decided on what they want to offer for 2012 entry. if they want to add a new course, they'll probably start in 2013.
Original post by oxymoronic
You'll get an email and it will show on apply that your UCAS has been sent for consideration. Then you'll be sent details of how to log into track once your application has been fully processed.

Original post by desy.kris
when you submit your application to your school (after making a payment) you'll receive an email with the subject "UCAS Apply acknowledgement" telling you that your payment has been made and your referee will have to complete the reference section etc etc... and then after your school submits your application to UCAS you'll receive another acknowledgement email saying that your application is being processed and you'll receive a welcome letter :smile:

that's it basicly. try to ask your referee to send it asap if you can't stand the wait!

Thanks! They sent it this morning and I got the email... Also got an acknowledgment one from Glasgow already! I'm hoping they'll make an offer (if they make one) soon :biggrin:
Reply 165
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of applying to uni this year-tbh I should have had a gap year, but jumped to it because of this fees. Though I'm liking it atm, I'd like to apply again as a safety net if the year doesn't go well.

Is this possible?

And if so, how do I do it? My ex sixth form head gave me a buzzword, do I still use that if applying by myself? And can I use my account from last year?

Any help, greatly appreciated, where I didn't have TSR when I originally applied (I didn't know it existed!), I feel I could use the help now.
Thanks.
Reply 166

Original post by fnm
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of applying to uni this year-tbh I should have had a gap year, but jumped to it because of this fees. Though I'm liking it atm, I'd like to apply again as a safety net if the year doesn't go well.

Is this possible?

And if so, how do I do it? My ex sixth form head gave me a buzzword, do I still use that if applying by myself? And can I use my account from last year?

Any help, greatly appreciated, where I didn't have TSR when I originally applied (I didn't know it existed!), I feel I could use the help now.
Thanks.

The buzzword is unlikely to be the same, so you'd need to ask for the new one - and you'll need to make a new account. You need to check with them whether the'll be willing to give you a reference, though
Reply 167
Original post by Juno
The buzzword is unlikely to be the same, so you'd need to ask for the new one - and you'll need to make a new account. You need to check with them whether the'll be willing to give you a reference, though

Thanks for the reply.

I have a new buzzword, but I don't actually know what that means...if I'm making a new account, do I really need it?

And they've said they'll give me references only around December when I'm sure, but tbh I'd like to get it started anyway, then wait til December to confirm whether I'm going to send or not. Is that possible?
Reply 168

Original post by fnm
Thanks for the reply.

I have a new buzzword, but I don't actually know what that means...if I'm making a new account, do I really need it?

And they've said they'll give me references only around December when I'm sure, but tbh I'd like to get it started anyway, then wait til December to confirm whether I'm going to send or not. Is that possible?

when you go through the process to make a new account it will ask you if you're applying through a school/college, and when you choose that option you enter the buzzword to find the school.

And yes, you can make an account and then choose not to send an application. It seems a bit pointless though.
Reply 169
Original post by Juno
when you go through the process to make a new account it will ask you if you're applying through a school/college, and when you choose that option you enter the buzzword to find the school.

And yes, you can make an account and then choose not to send an application. It seems a bit pointless though.

Ah ok, that's great. So if I decide to get someone other than my sixth form to do a reference, or say my sixth form don't want to, does that mean I can't 'apply though school/college'?

Thanks.
Reply 170

Original post by fnm
Ah ok, that's great. So if I decide to get someone other than my sixth form to do a reference, or say my sixth form don't want to, does that mean I can't 'apply though school/college'?

Thanks.

Yes. In that case you'd need to apply as an individual. If you apply through a school/college then your application automatically goes to them to add the reference.
Reply 171
Original post by Juno
Yes. In that case you'd need to apply as an individual. If you apply through a school/college then your application automatically goes to them to add the reference.

Thanks-so last question...(for now!)

But I can create an individual right (for now) then if my school do want to help, I can easily link my application to my school, is that right?

so, I'm thinking it would be best now to do it individually, then when it gets to xmas, decide whether to link or not.
Reply 172

Original post by fnm
Thanks-so last question...(for now!)

But I can create an individual right (for now) then if my school do want to help, I can easily link my application to my school, is that right?

so, I'm thinking it would be best now to do it individually, then when it gets to xmas, decide whether to link or not.

yes, you can do it that way
Reply 173
Original post by Juno
yes, you can do it that way

Thanks for all the help:smile:
Reply 174
What is my UCAS number? A university asked me to quote it when I tell them dates I am unavailable for interview. Is it just my personal ID? Thanks.
Original post by Bee1
What is my UCAS number? A university asked me to quote it when I tell them dates I am unavailable for interview. Is it just my personal ID? Thanks.

yes they're referring to your UCAS Personal ID :smile:
Reply 176
I flopped my AS, so I MOVED schools to retake.

Do I have to enter the crapp AS grades I achieved in UCAS? will I get ucas points for these grades (DEE) even though I am doing the SAME subjects but different exam boards at this new school?
When i was at high school, year 11, i took an AS in ICT. I did a couple of units but later decided i didnt want to continue with teh course because i was also taking 3 other AS's along with my GCSE's. I ended up with a U grade for AS ICT.

Do i have to mention that i got a U grade for AS ICT?
whens the latest u can send off your ucas without your chances of getting offers handicapped
Reply 179
Original post by fuze-mo25

Original post by fuze-mo25
whens the latest u can send off your ucas without your chances of getting offers handicapped

january 15th. Don't leave it too late though, as your referee needs to do their bit, and also you may have computer problems or the UCAS site may go down. Aim for a few days before.

Latest