The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Poica
Do you play judo?

yes but not nearly as well as him! he's a black belt
Reply 41
JonnyB
Guys just need women they can respect. Blame the stupid, shallow dipsh*t girls - they are the ones making the guys like the way the OP has described.

Damn them, they can be REALLY annoying to be around too.
Reply 42
jeff2233
Yes they do exist. And they could also ask a similar question - are there any girls who actually appreciate their type?

Good question indeed - I suspect that there are a significant number who have this ideal from movies but when faced with a guy who could be like that, but who is possibly slightly shy, wouldn't be interested.

I've never noticed if my boy does the thing on pavements tbh - I'm hardly scared the cars are going to jump off the road and bite me! He's protective when I need him to be, but generally I'm quite fiercely independent and don't like being too mollycoddled :wink:
Reply 43
jeff2233
Yes they do exist. And they could also ask a similar question - are there any girls who actually appreciate their type?

Well i personally can say that without a shadow of a doubt I would appreciate that type.
Reply 44
This is an interesting post. Romantic and sensitive guys do exist, but the idea that girls actually like that is hardly true, if at all. Any attempt to do something nice for a girl, not even in a clingy way, is seen as 'weird', 'overwhelming', or 'stupid'. So guys don't actually have any incentive to do anything like that, even if they'd really like to, because most girls just throw it back in their face. The idea of girls wanting a 'knight in shining armour', not just saying they do, belongs only in the movies, unfortunately. Hypocritical that girls always complain guys only think about sex. Just give them a chance.
Reply 45
different?
Do boys exist who are gentlemanly and romantic or am i just waiting for something which will never come? Do they just exist in films!?

Oh they do exsist, its just the guys who aint like that are the ones who are out there desperatley trying to get the latest girl into bed thats why.
The genuine guys tend to take there time and dont expect sex after like a week :p:
Sometimes due to all this, some impatient girls will feel the guy is moving to slowly, so they just end up with some random guy who asks them out.
Reply 46
Anonymous
This is an interesting post. Romantic and sensitive guys do exist, but the idea that girls actually like that is hardly true, if at all. Any attempt to do something nice for a girl, not even in a clingy way, is seen as 'weird', 'overwhelming', or 'stupid'. So guys don't actually have any incentive to do anything like that, even if they'd really like to, because most girls just throw it back in their face. The idea of girls wanting a 'knight in shining armour', not just saying they do, belongs only in the movies, unfortunately. Hypocritical that girls always complain guys only think about sex. Just give them a chance.

Hmmm i would say that if genuine knights in shining armour exist, however few there are, then it also fair to say that there must be some genuine girls who really would appreciate that, even though what MNBStyle said bears evidence that not all who say they would appreciate it actually genuinely mean it.
They do exist, as do lovely girls who will appreciate them :biggrin:
Reply 48
different?
Do boys exist who are gentlemanly and romantic or am i just waiting for something which will never come? Do they just exist in films!?
I've never had a boyfriend or anything and don't have any friends who are boys simply because from what i can tell of the boys who are with people my age, they simply have no actual attachment to the girls, no depth of feeling, no respect, no interests apart from getting drunk and are only after one thing. I'm not condemning people who are in these relationships, it's just basically something which isn't for me. Since i've never been to a mixed school and am going off to a London university (not sure which)in September it will obviously be a fairly big change being in contact with more boys, and so I was wondering do such boys exist or not? I spoke about this to some people in my year and they said that any boys which do fit the gentlemanly and romantic description are those who and i quote 'have no hope in hell with getting with anyone anyway because of how ugly there are and so have to behave like that to attract even the smallest amount of attention.' This type of comment reflects why I consider a lot of people in my year as idiots but anyway...Obviously looks aren't everything in a relationship but in my opinion there has to be some sort of physical attraction for someone to change from friend to boyfriend.

Anyways thanks for any light anyone can shed on this matter, it's not majorly bothering me, it's not like i'm desperate for male companionship but it would be nice to know if the option is realistic or not to meet someone like that.

Of course they do; unfortunately, however, it would appear that you are currently too far away for me to resolve your predicament. Some luck, eh?
Reply 49
You like Ben Affleck movies?? Okay, I'll amend my comment to "no man with any taste would behave like men in rom-com movies"

You do realise i was being sarcastic. His movies are damn awfull.
Reply 50
yes they do but he must go threw a phase in life when he understands what he wants from life, only ythen he will be what you want him 2 do
Reply 51
kb500
No, the guys who behave like that as in overly romantic and doing the whole you every wish is my command thing will not get any female company...

Thats abit judgmental isn't it, how can you put all guys who act like this into one category of sexuallity???
Reply 52
Profesh
Some luck, eh?
For her or yourself?
Reply 53
ferrus
For her or yourself?

HA!
Reply 54
Most of my male, straight friends are lovely...and all my boyfriends have been lovely, one was even like the stereotypical rom-com character! so sweet! Maybe I attract them?
~Sam~
I've found one :love:

Me too :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 56
Poica
Yes, but bear in mind no man will behave like any men in a rom-com. In fact, most men would be sick at the idea.

And most girls I know of!

In answer to the OP - yes they are out there, but they're often the less forthcoming of the lot. If you meet a group of men, don't write off the quieter one (obviously if he is painfully shy you might not be compatible).

Latest

Trending

Trending