The Student Room Group

If conscription was announced..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I weigh a whole 9 stone and a 6 pint milk is my bicep curl. I'd emigrate. The vast majority of women could do a better job than me.
Original post by Overmars
Women can't go. They're ****ing garbage on COD, they'd only embarrass themselves on the real stage.

is COD like real life? Not exactly...
I'm disabled so what happens to me? Do I get to fight or do I have to do some other kind of work? :ninjagirl:
Reply 23
Original post by YorkieLad101
is COD like real life? Not exactly...

We have a sharp one here...

Btw, would you say you're representative of the average Yorkshireman?
Reply 24
Original post by Tootles
Oh, dear. I'm a conscientious objector, what would happen to me?

William Harold Coltman was a C.O. in WW1, he volunteered for service as a stretcher bearer and ended up winning the Victoria Cross and the Distinguished Conduct Medal and Military Medal. The last two he won twice each.
Original post by Overmars
We have a sharp one here...

Btw, would you say you're representative of the average Yorkshireman?

I guess so
Reply 26
Original post by Zarogue
William Harold Coltman was a C.O. in WW1, he volunteered for service as a stretcher bearer and ended up winning the Victoria Cross and the Distinguished Conduct Medal and Military Medal. The last two he won twice each.
Sounds like my plan in that case :smile:
Original post by daisydaffodil
I'm disabled so what happens to me? Do I get to fight or do I have to do some other kind of work? :ninjagirl:

Probably would depend on what type of disability you have, if you have a psychal disability then you probably would have to do non-combatant work (e.g. working the land or something) if not exempt from conscription altogether (depending on how badly conscripts are needed)
No modern nation needs to put 20 million men in a theatre any more, that's just not how war's waged these days. If conscription were announced it would probably be selective based on skills/experience and for largely civil roles.

I could live with that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Women wouldn't be forced to go, things are only sexcist if they are against women.
Reply 30
Original post by Tootles
I'd be happy with medic, or something technical perhaps. I just don't want to kill people.

During ww2 some were made into cooks and things like that whilst others did propaganda photographs, anything really that helps the war effort
Reply 31
Original post by Aj12
During ww2 some were made into cooks and things like that whilst others did propaganda photographs, anything really that helps the war effort
That sounds cool.
Reply 32
Original post by Zarogue

Only three people have ever been awarded a bar to their VC. (Getting it twice.) Two of them were in the Royal Army Medical Corps.
Reply 33
Original post by Tootles
Oh, dear. I'm a conscientious objector, what would happen to me?

Use you as a stretcher bearer like they did in the WW1
they should be forced to go if the past X decades of fighting for equality were to ever be taken seriously again.
Probably best if women are excluded for logistical reasons.

But any future wars are unlikely to require as much of a manpower as previous wars, technology has solved a lot of it.
Reply 36
If the UK went to war for just reasons (ie. Second World War) I think I would volunteer to fight, though any war these days would be much more likely to be fought from afar.
I'd straight up be asking to join the snipers.
I doubt they'd even let me join even if I volunteered :erm:
Original post by fire2burn
I doubt they'd even let me join even if I volunteered :erm:

The Royal Corps of Mods, maybe?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending