The Student Room Group

Half of Muslim men and three quarters of Muslim women are unemployed.

The warning comes in a 700-page report that forms the first comprehensive survey of disadvantage and discrimination across Britain. While the country today is more tolerant than in 1970, society is still not fair for many people, it says. The economic crisis and the Government’s proposed spending cuts threaten to make inequality worse, it says. The report, How Fair is Britain?, finds:

Unemployment among ethnic minorities costs the economy almost £8.6 billion a year in benefits and lost revenue from taxes. Half of Muslim men and three quarters of Muslim women are unemployed.

The country has a strong sense of tolerance and fair play. However, racism and religious prejudice are increasing, while hostility towards immigration has grown.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8054403/Britains-coping-classes-at-breaking-point.html
Oh. Per. Lease.
Reply 2
Original post by missgeorgia
Oh. Per. Lease.

............ What ?
Reply 3
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the huge racial bias within the employment sector of the UK :dunce:

Studies have shown that those with 'White-English' names would receive a positive response of either an invitation to an interview or an encouraging telephone call, after 9 applications. However, those with African or Asian names with the same qualifications and experience had to send 16 applications before receiving a similar response.

Source

Original post by Algorithm69
And before the Islamic brigade jumps on my post due to their constant defence mindset, I am not saying this is the case, only that I want proof of prejudice and discrimination being the cause.

Just saw your post. Read what I posted above.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending