The Student Room Group

The TSR Tamil Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by senz72
I don't know. If you're doing GCSEs, you're younger thangatchi. :smile:
Finished my AS levels a few back.
I don't know why but my parents always make me call like randoms people maamaa if they're older men and atthai if they're women even though we're not related. Same with children where she makes me refer them to as thangatchi or anna.

okay anna :wink:
how were they?
Lol...my parents don't make me do that:tongue:
Reply 381
Original post by Teja_96
don't forget Sun TV :biggrin:
omg my name is billa - thats my new tune :wink:

Didn't mean that one. The theme tune, the soundtrack with the weird electro thing throughout. SunTV's shambolic with their awful dubbing!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 382
Original post by NomNomNom :)
okay anna :wink:
how were they?
Lol...my parents don't make me do that:tongue:

A complete failure. Lol my mum already said 'thadi ellam readya irridiku' (sticks are ready in place.) 18th is going to be a horrible day! How were yours? You finished yet?
Reply 383
Original post by senz72
Welcome fellow Tamil akka or thangatchi! :tongue:

Lol thank you :smile: And that depends on if you're older than me or not :P
Reply 384
Original post by senz72
Didn't mean that one. The theme tune, the soundtrack with the weird electro thing throughout. SunTV's shambolic with their awful dubbing!

Ahha no i know that -_- i meant the song is my tune.
Sun TV are just :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 385
Original post by senz72
Same, but do you think if I ever had kids I should continue the tradition. To be honest my first name doesn't make a good surname. :frown:

It would be nice to continue it because it's tradition but it causes too much confusion and you're kids would have to put up with all the questions that you've been asked too about it... Aww :smile:
Reply 386
Original post by msbjls
Lol thank you :smile: And that depends on if you're older than me or not :P

Well you tell me. I'm Dec 1994 :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by senz72
Well you tell me. I'm Dec 1994 :smile:

I'm Dec 1993. That makes me a year older...thambi :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by Teja_96
Ahha no i know that -_- i meant the song is my tune.
Sun TV are just :/

The song is pretty bad. Have you heard that gangster song in Billa 2? That is awful. Now the songs in Pokirri were good! Yeah SunTV are bad but I prefer their Indian adverts over the UK adverts.
Reply 389
Original post by msbjls
I'm Dec 1993. That makes me a year older...thambi :smile:

Nice, so you moving out for uni?
I keep on taunting my parents that I am next year. :smile:
Plus in response to previous message. At least my first name is 2 letters less so less hassle. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 390
Original post by senz72
Nice, so you moving out for uni?
I keep on taunting my parents that I am next year. :smile:

Yep. Mum doesn't want me to but she knows I will anyway. You know what Tamil parents are like...

So what are you doing now? As in A-level subjects?
Reply 391
Original post by msbjls
Yep. Mum doesn't want me to but she knows I will anyway. You know what Tamil parents are like...

So what are you doing now? As in A-level subjects?

Definitely know what they're like. They want to restrict the fun I have to a certain minimal limiting the very little social life I admittedly have.
Erm..doing maths, chemistry, biology and economics. Dropping chem or ecom depending on results. Not sure my parents would be pleased though.
Reply 392
Original post by senz72
Definitely know what they're like. They want to restrict the fun I have to a certain minimal limiting the very little social life I admittedly have.
Erm..doing maths, chemistry, biology and economics. Dropping chem or ecom depending on results. Not sure my parents would be pleased though.

Same here unfortunately :frown: I thought the only way to be more free and enjoy my social life more is by moving out for uni so that's what I'm doing :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by msbjls
Same here unfortunately :frown: I thought the only way to be more free and enjoy my social life more is by moving out for uni so that's what I'm doing :smile:

Good for you. My mother said you have to keep skype on 24/7 but I know that's never going to happen. :smile:
Just make sure you don't become too much of a wildchild. :tongue:
Reply 394
Original post by senz72
Good for you. My mother said you have to keep skype on 24/7 but I know that's never going to happen. :smile:
Just make sure you don't become too much of a wildchild. :tongue:

Lol I'll probably get told that too. And as if it would :P
I'll try not to :wink: Nah joking... I'll enjoy myself but I won't go wild
Reply 395
Original post by senz72
The song is pretty bad. Have you heard that gangster song in Billa 2? That is awful. Now the songs in Pokirri were good! Yeah SunTV are bad but I prefer their Indian adverts over the UK adverts.

:frown: okay
thats terrible like why this kolaveri :P
thats true
Reply 396
Original post by msbjls
Lol I'll probably get told that too. And as if it would :P
I'll try not to :wink: Nah joking... I'll enjoy myself but I won't go wild

Sure sure! Whatever you say. I bet you're a mummy's and daddy's girl. :tongue:
Reply 397
Hey! Am not actually. Not a typical, traditional Tamil girl lol

Reply 398
Original post by Teja_96
:frown: okay
thats terrible like why this kolaveri :P
thats true

Why the sad face? We all have different tastes, I just don't prefer the song but I do like Why This Kolaveri di?! Though the video in the film and the second half of the whole film were below par.
Reply 399
Original post by msbjls
Hey! Am not actually. Not a typical, traditional Tamil girl lol

I wasn't suggesting that at all. Have you ever heard that song 'Daddy mummy veetu illai'? In the film Villu I think. You're probably throwing parties behind their backs and getting wasted. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest