The Student Room Group

The TSR Tamil Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Tackla
Oh cool, I know a lot of tamil people from Sri Lanka.

Nice! Lol I don't know a lot of Tamil people.
Reply 501
Is there a way to join this society or do I have to come back and look at the updates?
Original post by senz72
Just don't like our family holidays. The way that we just visit temples and people's homes is lacklustre. It just doesn't feel like a holiday to me. Plus welcome to our small society!

LOL. I completely agree with you but I don't mind going back to Srilanka. I swear like all us tamils ever do when we go back is go to the temple and visit family.

:colondollar:
Original post by senz72
Just don't like our family holidays. The way that we just visit temples and people's homes is lacklustre. It just doesn't feel like a holiday to me. Plus welcome to our small society!

Heya. What places are you visiting in SL?
Original post by Tackla
Is there a way to join this society or do I have to come back and look at the updates?

Click on Thread tools at the top of this page and then click on 'Watch this thread'.
Reply 505
Original post by Tackla

It's not a proper society but it does come under watched threads. If there's activity, I'll know by looking on my TSR frontpage. I believe you can get email updates but I wouldn't know how to. Sorry.
Reply 506
Original post by lankan-gurl
LOL. I completely agree with you but I don't mind going back to Srilanka. I swear like all us tamils ever do when we go back is go to the temple and visit family.

:colondollar:

That's our parents. When we go, we'll do all cool things! I haven't been abroad for 9 years so it'll be good for a break.
May go to colombo :biggrin:
Reply 508
Original post by thetopnotch
Heya. What places are you visiting in SL?

Jaffna. That's it. The day we get to Colombo, we're getting the bus a few hours later to up North.
Original post by senz72
That's our parents. When we go, we'll do all cool things! I haven't been abroad for 9 years so it'll be good for a break.

Yeah I suppose. Whereabouts in Srilanka are you from?
Original post by senz72
Jaffna. That's it. The day we get to Colombo, we're getting the bus a few hours later to up North.

They were rebuilding the roads when we went up north last year. Hopefully they're sort of done now, I wouldn't like to do that journey on a bus!
Reply 511
Original post by thetopnotch
They were rebuilding the roads when we went up north last year. Hopefully they're sort of done now, I wouldn't like to do that journey on a bus!

It's not that bad though last time I ended up vomiting Portello on my sister's new white trousers.
Yeah, infrastructure is improving. My mum's village got mainstream electricity last year. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 512
Yeah I suppose. Whereabouts in Srilanka are you from?

I myself am not from Sri Lanka but parents are both from Jaffna.
Original post by senz72
I myself am not from Sri Lanka but parents are both from Jaffna.

Same here :smile: I was born in Germany, my parents are both from Jaffna as well.
Reply 514
Same here :smile: I was born in Germany, my parents are both from Jaffna as well.

Where are you now? Still in Germany?
Random question but do any of you guys have any experience shipping things from Lanka back to UK? I am thinking of setting up a lil eBay business with a friend of mine in Colombo, selling ceylon tea over here haha!
Reply 516
Original post by senz72
As someone has negged you rather randomly, I'll give you a positive rep in the not so distant future to balance it out :smile:
It won't let me now...

I know!
Evil people -_-
Thanks for trying :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 517
Original post by Tackla
Looks like I have got a crush on Teja. :wink:

Dafuq

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 518
Original post by Teja_96