The Student Room Group

hnd biomedical science project

hi

i am doing an hnd this year in biomedical science, we have just been told about our project, but i am struggling for ideas.. im much better at microbiology than i am with chemistry so would prefer my project be biology based....could someoe give me ideas please???

:smile:
Reply 1
How long are you going to be doing this project for and what is the length of the writeup?
What kind of project is it - lab based or pure write-up. Also as @gumball asked, what is the length of the write-up. Have a degree in microbiology so should be able to help if you give me a more details - feel free to pm me offline.
Reply 3
we have 17 weeks to complete, it is lab based with written reports,we must complete a plan, development and evaluation stage. It has not to be too complicated due to the timeline, but we have to start next friday, with our choice topic in on wednesday, im stuck!!!
We were given a list of topic ideas, which we can use if we want but i fancy doing one that is ot on the list, i need an A to be accepted to uni, i got an A for my graded unit last year.
some of the choices we were given are; antibiotics and microbial growth, analysing tap water, analysis of vitamins in cabbge, the influence of temperature and humididty on fungal morphology....

Help??? lol
Probiotics and how they influence us? There was an interesting paper in nature a few weeks ago on how probiotics influence not only our mood but our health.

http://tinyurl.com/62r3s63

Or generating electricity from bacteria? Though the bacteria mentioned in the paper might be difficult for you to get hold of! But you could try something along similar lines.

http://tinyurl.com/5uerkqh

Biofuels?
Reply 5
thanks, ill email the lecturer and see if okays any of them.. we are limited to what we can do as they have run out of funding, just typical :frown:
Reply 6
ok ive decided to do my project on the optimum growth for enzyme activity.......but i dont know what to do!!! the example i was given to look at was "the effect of b-galactosidase on the enzyme lactose" in the experiment the girl tested on milk!!

i am not allowed to do the same so any ideas?????
Reply 7
Hi Paula, I just wanted to know how you got on with the graded unit? I am starting the HND this year and again I have no idea on what to do! I am also hoping to do it more on the microbiology side rather than it being chemistry based. Any advice? :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending