The Student Room Group

Is there a bubble and more importantly, would it make a difference?

Before everybody negs me and goes "you're racist"/"racist"/"racist"/"You mentioned religion, therefore are racist"/ "I saw the word muslim and thought racist"/"I saw the words Nazi and muslim together and thought holy **** super racist"

Please just read my thread and see what you think for yourself. If you plus rep me I generally see you are agreeing with me. If you neg me please explain why.

My question is simple:

"Is there a bubble around minority religions in this country that nobody dares question for fear of being labelled a racist?"

The reason that makes me ask this is the (extreme) muslim protesters today at the Us Embassy.

Before anybody panics and thinks this is another EDL thread it's not.

Those of you who have seen me post on issues liek this before will know that a muslim man has saved my life and I have never had an issue.

I also think it is great that some muslims made the effort to be a visible MAE (muslims against extremists).

Anyway is there a bubble that we are scared of commenting on? People are saying they have their rights and that they had their rights to protest as many muslims are killed daily in the war.

But democracy or not, is supporting the terrorists who attacked an ally and attacked this nation publicly, especially during a remembrance service not just ridiculous?

Surely they should be moved on or be made to postpone this to another day.

Before you say no I want you to consider this.

If a group of Nazi's turned up protesting and shouting on Remembrance day near so that when watching the queen on TV you can actually hear them would there not be a massive public outcry and action taken against this?

As somebody who is muslim do you feel like people put you in a bubble as not to be racist or do you feel that people treat you like a bad stereotype? Or maybe a mixture of both.

Do those who are not find there to be a bubble or see this as something perfectly normal?

Thanks for reading, I am interested in hearing all responses. Remember, just because you disagree does not mean this needs negging, or if you do, feel free to explain why :smile:

Please keep whose is the better religion or anything silly like that out of this so we can discuss how people feel.

TL,DR: Do you think there is a bubble around smaller minorities when it comes to religion in such that ridiculous things can happen as people are scared to oppose it due to being labelled racists. E.G. liek the muslims protesting outside the US embassy today (9/11), would there be more of an issue if it was Nazi's on rememberance day?
(edited 12 years ago)
Well I can't see any bubbles and i'm not blind, and whether it would make a difference or not I don't know unless is actually saw the bubble and then i could compare it without a bubble
Reply 2
I would say that there's a bubble behind ALL religions tbh, to some extent or another. After all, why is it that we can have an intelligent debate with someone regarding their political views with absolutely no fear of offending anyone, yet, when that debate turns into religion if you disagree with someone religious you're being offensive and intolerant?
Original post by red_roses
I would say that there's a bubble behind ALL religions tbh, to some extent or another. After all, why is it that we can have an intelligent debate with someone regarding their political views with absolutely no fear of offending anyone, yet, when that debate turns into religion if you disagree with someone religious you're being offensive and intolerant?

This was very well put and I can see where you are coming from.
Reply 4
Original post by Agenda Suicide
This was very well put and I can see where you are coming from.

Cheers :smile: obviously whoever negged me didn't think so though haha :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest