The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2012 Applicant's Thread

Hi Everybody :biggrin:,

Thought it was time to open up a applicant thread for this year as the old reads 2011 :colondollar:.......... so who else is in love with Queen Mary and wants to study there?

Biochemistry
shelladonia
rathod93
WasteMan92

Biology
RyAnMcK
anna11

Biomedicine
ijaz
katherine_b
SomethingToBelieveIn

Business Managment
swbp
11billi11

Computer Science
Lakhvir.Singh

Chemistry
ChemAddict
Bobshantilol

Economics
tehonlyone
somaiyar

English
HannahtheFauves
Beckiix
Daniel,
holbolrob
cantseethesky

English & History
JoPat94

English Language and Linguistics
Lollyage
bumblebee17
_Jazzie

English Literature and Linguistics
Beckiix
Lollyage
anna258

Geography
ISS2508

History
Koala_100
jesusofsuburbia

History and Politics
Azza919
Izzy_h

Law
admbeatmaker
The Fez
snehame
0KaY0
Amok-

Mathematics
rumziie
ChengalTiger

Medical Genetics
Med_Geek
Saliency
Shahrukh Khan

Psychology
D0LLxo
panda1093
Mmrawrr
MyselfEtAl

Science & engineering foundation programme
rathod93
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Gonna apply just still not sure which course at QM :s-smilie:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Imperial Blitz
Gonna apply just still not sure which course at QM :s-smilie:

How come?
Applying for Law (M100).
Original post by Iqbal007

How come?

Idk which of these I should choose economics & finance; economics, finance & management; Economics,maths & stats; Maths with finance & accounting; maths, business management & finance; Maths, stats & financial economics.

QM offer so many different course that I'm spoilt for choice :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Imperial Blitz
Idk which of these I should choose economics & finance; economics, finance & management; Economics,maths & stats; Maths with finance & accounting; maths, business management & finance; Maths, stats & financial economics.

QM offer so many different course that I'm spoilt for choice :frown:

Depends on what your planning on doing in on your future as well as your strong points........................... if you enjoy mathematics and do well in it pick a course where there's plenty :smile:
Reply 6
anyone else going for econ and finance?
Reply 7
Intending on applying for English BA and English Literature and Linguistics but the entry requirements have gone up to AAA which makes me sadface. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by w_l_wazza

I'm looking to apply to just Economics. When are you planning to send your UCAS application off?

Anyone know if the joint honours courses less competitive than the single honours, or are they just the same.

Also do they have the same number of places for each course?
Reply 9
Original post by tehonlyone
I'm looking to apply to just Economics. When are you planning to send your UCAS application off?

Anyone know if the joint honours courses less competitive than the single honours, or are they just the same.

Im currently on course to have my UCAS form sent of before the start of October and as far as I know, joint honours courses tend to be slightly less competitive. Dont know about the places though.
Reply 10

I suggest you look on their websites for details, sometimes they will detail the number of people they are willing to take. From what I know this year...... it's smaller in size compared to the other departments.
Reply 11

My mates currently doing that subject..................... if you want i can tell you how he's been with the course.
Reply 12
Wow can't believe it's been three years since I applied, nearly three years since I got an offer. Seems like just yesterday.
Reply 13
My mates currently doing that subject..................... if you want i can tell you how he's been with the course.

Please thatd be really helpful. thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 14
Please thatd be really helpful. thanks in advance :smile:

I'll talk to him once he's had his first lectures on monday :smile:
Reply 15
Im currently on course to have my UCAS form sent of before the start of October and as far as I know, joint honours courses tend to be slightly less competitive. Dont know about the places though.

Ah, ok. Where else are you applying to then?
Reply 16
Ah, ok. Where else are you applying to then?

Probs Warwick, Nottingham StAndrews/Edinburgh and York but not all for Econ and finance
Original post by Beckiix
Intending on applying for English BA and English Literature and Linguistics but the entry requirements have gone up to AAA which makes me sadface. :frown:

I'm applying just for English, worrying more about the interview than the requirements tbh :/
Reply 18
Original post by HannahtheFauves
I'm applying just for English, worrying more about the interview than the requirements tbh :/

They upped up some of their essay based subjects :/
At least it shows their getting more in demand............ You can do it as long as you can show them that you can offer something no one else can
They upped up some of their essay based subjects :/
At least it shows their getting more in demand............ You can do it as long as you can show them that you can offer something no one else can

Yea, at the open day today I heard the numbers! Were you there?
And yeah you're right I guess, it's just that I just failed a group interview for a job so kinda confidence knocked but i'm just hoping my passion for englit comes across better than how much I wanted a waitrose job! Where else are you applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending