The Student Room Group

help with my master

hey everybody , i want to study master ... i have studied IT and i want to complete my higher education .. i have already known programming ... so i am confused which one to choose either advanced computer science or human computer interaction (HCI) .. i know about advanced computer science but i dont know alot about HCI .. could u please anyone help me in that ... which one is the best ?
Reply 1
Hi,

Advanced Computer Science could cover almost anything, depending on the university and what modules you choose. HCI is a combination of CS and psychology (and sometimes social science and/or design) which focuses on how to make computer systems easier for 'real' people to use.

Some people study HCI after a BSc/BA in another subject - as it is interdisciplinary - whereas Advanced CS is likely to be taken only after a CS BSc.

I teach HCI at City University London, but there are a lot of alternatives across the UK (my BSc was in CS).

Most MSc courses are fussy about the quality of writing - be careful how you write any application. e.g. It is a Masters, not a Master degree... this sort of small slip can get you rejected quite quickly by many admissions tutors.
Reply 2
Thank you for your answer ... i have been accepted in advanced computer science in university of Nottingham but i am thinking about changing it to HCI which is new knowledge for me .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending