The Student Room Group

***Official 2012 Neuroscience Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by Josiea
:woo: deffo, although not sure if there's enough of us haha!
Is there one for biology/biomed etc.?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2033972&p=38156871#post38156871 :smile: :smile:
Original post by aggielam032
Hey i hv firmed kcl as well. Have chosen great dover street as first choice for accomodation. (:

Hello,how were your exams? Only now sorting my accommodation out,probably the same(great dover street) as my first choice,and more than likely Wolfson as my second.
Reply 842
So how are the IB results? Anyone to join me at the UCL? :biggrin:
Original post by dovilem
So how are the IB results? Anyone to join me at the UCL? :biggrin:

I'm still waiting for A-Levels but I hope so! I take it your IB results went well then? :smile:
Reply 844
Original post by corpuscallosum
I'm still waiting for A-Levels but I hope so! I take it your IB results went well then? :smile:

Yes, slightly exceeded the offer :smile: Can't wait to come to London :>
Hey guys got a couple of questions

1st , are neuroscience courses likely to come up in clearing at the likes of Nottingham and kings ? If so would entry requirements be the same as they are on the ucas website or would they lower them slightly ?

2nd what sort of jobs could I get in a career in neuroscience ?

I'd appreciate if you could quote me when you reply because otherwise I won't knowifyou have haha

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps :smile:
Original post by sandeep0767
Hey guys got a couple of questions

1st , are neuroscience courses likely to come up in clearing at the likes of Nottingham and kings ? If so would entry requirements be the same as they are on the ucas website or would they lower them slightly ?

2nd what sort of jobs could I get in a career in neuroscience ?

I'd appreciate if you could quote me when you reply because otherwise I won't knowifyou have haha

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps :smile:

1:

As far as I'm aware they were not there last year, though it is hard to predict clearing, you could email admissions and ask, they might have more of an idea.

2:

All sorts - patent law with a phD, pharma, academia, medicine etc. Depends on you and what you want I suppose.
Woop! UCL confirmed.
Reply 848
MANCHESTER YEAHHHHHHHHH. <3 Anyone else?
Reply 849
Sussex! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I'm not a retake student ive got my results yesterday if I was to retake certain modules in the January of 2013 I know Id be a retake student but would. Be eligible to apply for neuroscience or would I be rejected without any consideration ?

If someone could quote me please it woulld be much appreciated
Confirmed UCL, accepted the accommodation offer for Ramsay Hall!

Anyone else in the same position?
Original post by NeuralGroove
Confirmed UCL, accepted the accommodation offer for Ramsay Hall!

Anyone else in the same position?

Did you get the email from Dr Cook? He's pretty awesome.
I'm still waiting to get an email about accommodation :/
Original post by corpuscallosum
Did you get the email from Dr Cook? He's pretty awesome.
I'm still waiting to get an email about accommodation :/

Yeah, he seems really cool; the Christmas Day offer emails were pretty amazing.

I wouldn't worry too much, it said somewhere that if you've not had an email yet then you will be getting an accommodation offer as long as you are eligible?

I didn't really think I'd get in, so I spent the summer not preparing to go to Uni. The only thing I'm up on is the reading. How ready d'you think you are?
Original post by NeuralGroove

I wouldn't worry too much, it said somewhere that if you've not had an email yet then you will be getting an accommodation offer as long as you are eligible?

I didn't really think I'd get in, so I spent the summer not preparing to go to Uni. The only thing I'm up on is the reading. How ready d'you think you are?

I'm just worried I might not get accommodation since I already live in London, but I guess I'll just wait :/

I've done a bit of reading, read a few of the books off the reading list and I got the big Neuroscience book off of Amazon - it really is huge. No idea how I'll get through the rest of the books I have but I'll try... I must admit, I'm slightly worried that I don't know my stuff perfectly - I can't exactly recite a textbook but here's hoping no one else can.
Reply 855
Original post by Josiea
:woo: deffo, although not sure if there's enough of us haha!
Is there one for biology/biomed etc.?

are you going to glasgow??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending