The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5860
I've forgotten to take one of his t-shirts with me :frown: :frown: (: it's the only thing that makes me feel any better :frown: :frown:

Seriously upset, i don't even have any of his deodarant here :frown: :frown:
I'm in bed with chocolate and Breaking Dawn.

DON'T JUDGE ME! :tongue:
Original post by Lil-Lele
I've forgotten to take one of his t-shirts with me :frown: :frown: (: it's the only thing that makes me feel any better :frown: :frown:

Seriously upset, i don't even have any of his deodarant here :frown: :frown:

You'll see him again soon. Focus on that :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36796093']I'm in bed with chocolate and Breaking Dawn.

DON'T JUDGE ME! :tongue:

Haha me and the boy watched Eclipse part 1 last night - he's a fan but I'm not. :colondollar:

If anyone's interested, I've finally got my bum in gear and started blog posts again, you can find today's here and I'll be posting everyday for the next fortnight :smile:

Bedtime for me, with a hot water bottle, Cinnamon tea and some warmed up homemake cookies :smile: nom!xx
Original post by blinkbelle
Haha me and the boy watched Eclipse part 1 last night - he's a fan but I'm not. :colondollar:

If anyone's interested, I've finally got my bum in gear and started blog posts again, you can find today's here and I'll be posting everyday for the next fortnight :smile:

Bedtime for me, with a hot water bottle, Cinnamon tea and some warmed up homemake cookies :smile: nom!xx

Hehe, I used to be MASSIVELY into the whole series, but went off it just as the films startes coming out. Since I started though, I feel I should watch them all. Plus, on night's after the boy has gone, I like to do things that I wouldn't do if he was here, and slobbing out watching crap films and eating chocolate is always a good start :tongue:

Might have to steal your idea of a hot water bottle and a cup of tea too :biggrin:
I think you should replace it, Kat :smile:

Whoever asked about the DVDs - lovefilm seem to have those details on their website :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36796582']Hehe, I used to be MASSIVELY into the whole series, but went off it just as the films startes coming out. Since I started though, I feel I should watch them all. Plus, on night's after the boy has gone, I like to do things that I wouldn't do if he was here, and slobbing out watching crap films and eating chocolate is always a good start :tongue:

Might have to steal your idea of a hot water bottle and a cup of tea too :biggrin:

It's alllll about The Hunger Games. Ridiculously excited about the film coming out!
Hahaha, Twilight's abysmal. It's not only terrible writing (and acting, in the case of the films) but also an AWFUL example to young girls. According to Twilight, it's okay to be spineless, inferior, superficial, overdependent, bitchy, self-centred and completely void of decent personality traits, as long as you always have a big strong boyfriend who will take care of all your problems for you. It might only be seen as a bit of fun, but some young teenage girls take those books so seriously and may well always feel **** about not having a boyfriend, because that's essentially how the books tell them to feel. I feel really strongly about Bella being such a terrible role model, actually.

/rant :awesome:

I just think that The Hunger Games and Harry Potter are so, so much better. Not only because they're better written, but also because their characters are actually, er, developed, and decent people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rainbow drops
Hahaha, Twilight's abysmal. It's not only terrible writing (and acting, in the case of the films) but also an AWFUL example to young girls. According to Twilight, it's okay to be spineless, inferior, superficial, overdependent, bitchy, self-centred and completely void of decent personality traits, as long as you always have a big strong boyfriend who will take care of all your problems for you. It might only be seen as a bit of fun, but some young teenage girls take those books so seriously and may well always feel **** about not having a boyfriend, because that's essentially how the books tell them to feel. I feel really strongly about Bella being such a terrible role model, actually.

/rant :awesome:

Haha couldn't have put it better myself :biggrin:
I agree!
Thanks for all the advice guys, I think I'm probably going to go for the replacement as neither of us can justify the expense of repairing it. I'm just ridiculously sentimental :tongue:

Re. Twilight: I have no issues with the storylines as I love a good fantasy novel (Darren Shan and all that jazz), I just hate how controlling Edward is. I think it's OK when you're our age but there are 12/13 year old girls out there reading the books and they believe he is the perfect boyfriend. From what I've read he is close to being abusive, what with all the stuff about him taking away her car/creeping into her bedroom to watch her sleep. I think it's alright if you know that's not normal but a lot of young girls don't. Your first relationship is difficult enough without thinking it's OK for a guy to treat you like Edward treats Bella. I wouldn't want my daughter to read them and come away with the idea that theirs is a healthy relationship because it really isn't.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by blinkbelle
Haha couldn't have put it better myself :biggrin:

Hahaha, I hate it so much! I don't even understand its appeal in the superficial, romantic sense either?! I had to take my little sisters to see the second one (don't even remember what it was called) and the ENTIRE film was just Bella moping around after Edward because they'd broke up. How do people find that anything other than depressing? :s-smilie: Then there's the stuff about him being over 100 years old and watching her while she sleeps and making veiled threats to her all the time... it's so sinister!
Eugh, stressed.

Got a driving lesson tomorrow morning, and I've already got that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. My test is on Tuesday and I'm bricking it. I managed not to really think about it while the boy was here, but now he's gone and I can't seem to get my mind off it :frown:

The boy is the only person IRL who knows the date, so at least I won't have to tell everyone if(/when) I fail :s-smilie:
Reply 5873
Morning all :smile:

How are we all?

I'm desperately trying to finish an essay by tomorrow (about half way there which is good :smile:) and counting down the days till i get to see the boy, 4 sleeps :woo: can't wait!!! Can't believe it'll be 5 years this friday, thats scary!!

Kat: I would get the ring replaced, technically it's still be bought by Andy and the meaning will stiill be there even if technically its a different ring.

Re twilight: I agree with all of you :smile: As a trainee teacher, i'm glad twilight has got children reading but it does concern me how influential it is over young teenage girls who are perhaps the most vulnerable! I prefer strong characters in my books.. which is why when i get a class we shall read Harry potter :p: (Also Harry Potter is about friendship, bravery and courage - twilight is about the importance of having a bf).

Flo: Best of luck for tomorrow, i'm sure you'll be awesome!

:hugs::hugs: for all.
Just had my lesson and it was dreadful. The closest I've come to bursting into tears in the lesson. I managed to hold it, but now I'm back home and have had a bit of a cry.

:frown:
Reply 5875
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36801793']Just had my lesson and it was dreadful. The closest I've come to bursting into tears in the lesson. I managed to hold it, but now I'm back home and have had a bit of a cry.

:frown:

What happened? :sad: I'm sure it wasn't that bad. :hugs:
Original post by jeh_jeh
What happened? :sad: I'm sure it wasn't that bad. :hugs:

Thanks.

I just had loads of problems with my gears/brakes. I was doing things that I haven't done for weeks/months - breaking too hard, failing to get into gear, going round corners/approaching justions at in the wrong gear, etc. There were a few occasions where my instructor had to dual brake me, which he hasn't had to do for ages. I was turning right into a narrow road, and completely failed to spot the bus coming in the other direction. Luckily, he stopped and let me through, but it just felt like everything was going wrong.

My manouvres were mainly ok (apart from a dodgy parallel park just after the bus incident), but my general driving seemed to go pretty much completely to pot :frown:

Think I'm going to grab some rescue remedy when I go into town later, and hope that helps.
Boy went home yesterday, entire bedroom smells like him :sad: will be seeing him again on Friday though so it's not a long wait at all this time, thankfully!

Original post by rainbow drops
Welcome to the soc :smile:

Just realised I never quoted you back! Thanks :h:
Reply 5878
Original post by ktlaurenroe
Boy went home yesterday, entire bedroom smells like him :sad: will be seeing him again on Friday though so it's not a long wait at all this time, thankfully!

I wish my room smelled like that lol! I forgot to take a t-shirt of his with me :s-smilie:. Do you guys have plans for the weekend when you see each other again? I'm seeing my bf thurs this week as he's taking a day off on Fri but usually it would be a Fri.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36802114']
I just had loads of problems with my gears/brakes. I was doing things that I haven't done for weeks/months - breaking too hard, failing to get into gear, going round corners/approaching justions at in the wrong gear, etc. There were a few occasions where my instructor had to dual brake me, which he hasn't had to do for ages. I was turning right into a narrow road, and completely failed to spot the bus coming in the other direction. Luckily, he stopped and let me through, but it just felt like everything was going wrong.

My manouvres were mainly ok (apart from a dodgy parallel park just after the bus incident), but my general driving seemed to go pretty much completely to pot :frown:

Think I'm going to grab some rescue remedy when I go into town later, and hope that helps.

:hugs: Best of luck. I'm sure you'll be great, don't let one blip of a lesson make you too nervy, these things happen :smile:

2 and a half/3 weeks ish til I see the boy now, but he goes home in 1 and a half/2. Starting to get very excited for Easter now, especially now I've got some work done! I had a stupid upset moment on Friday when I got my exam timetable and it wasn't what I expected, so all hopes of being able to support the boy in performances were well and truly dashed, but now I've got over myself a bit I realise that ignoring that my actual timetable itself is really good :biggrin: And I think promptly going out with friends after having a little (okay... quite pathetically big...) cry helped!

I desperately need to do my washing, argh. I know I should just do it now, but part of me just wants to stay here and do it after my afternoon lecture...

Latest