The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lil-Lele
I wish my room smelled like that lol! I forgot to take a t-shirt of his with me :s-smilie:. Do you guys have plans for the weekend when you see each other again? I'm seeing my bf thurs this week as he's taking a day off on Fri but usually it would be a Fri.

Haha it's nice but awful at the same time! And awww, I don't normally do that either, might have to this weekend though :tongue:

Oohh that's good :smile: but nah nothing specific! Just gonna stay at his from Friday to Sunday, we never have enough money to do anything more after train fares and all that, but it's lovely just to be with him so I'm not fussed really. What about you? :h:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36798373']My test is on Tuesday and I'm bricking it.

I have mine next Friday :s-smilie: I really should have got on and done it by now... been learning on and off for over 2 years... :colondollar:

The boy knows when mine is, a few of my friends do too. I need to get an absence form filled out for uni though. Hope they see it as a reasonable cause for absence...

11 weeks to go... time is creeping by.
Sorry I haven't been around much, I've just had everything wrong with me at the minute ): I've been online, but I've rarely been on here for some reason ):

Flo: I'm sorry the driving didn't go too well. I've never tried driving before so I can't really offer any advice. I can offer a :hugs: they're practically the same, right?

ktlaurenroe: I haven't gotten to say hello, so welcome to the thread!

22KT22: Good luck with the essay! Fingers crossed you get it finished for tomorrow.

Kat: I would agree with everyone else, I'd get it replaced too. Even though it won't be the same ring, you'll still remember all the memories from the previous ring.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36802114']Thanks.

I just had loads of problems with my gears/brakes. I was doing things that I haven't done for weeks/months - breaking too hard, failing to get into gear, going round corners/approaching justions at in the wrong gear, etc. There were a few occasions where my instructor had to dual brake me, which he hasn't had to do for ages. I was turning right into a narrow road, and completely failed to spot the bus coming in the other direction. Luckily, he stopped and let me through, but it just felt like everything was going wrong.

My manouvres were mainly ok (apart from a dodgy parallel park just after the bus incident), but my general driving seemed to go pretty much completely to pot :frown:

Think I'm going to grab some rescue remedy when I go into town later, and hope that helps.I had lessons like that the week or so before my test. It's just what happens! I completely could not do a roundabout at all before my test!
:hugs: flo, try to take tomorrow as another day and not think about today
Thanks guys :smile: Just trying to keep calm and not think about it tonight. I've got an hour driving before my test tomorrow to try and help pull it back together.

Hehe, I told the boy that I was going to pick something up to calm my nerves from town, and he seems to be worried that I'm going to drug myself into a coma xD I got some Rescue Remedy pastilles, so will probably have one or two tomorrow morning.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36806953']Thanks guys :smile: Just trying to keep calm and not think about it tonight. I've got an hour driving before my test tomorrow to try and help pull it back together.

Hehe, I told the boy that I was going to pick something up to calm my nerves from town, and he seems to be worried that I'm going to drug myself into a coma xD I got some Rescue Remedy pastilles, so will probably have one or two tomorrow morning.

I was **** awful before my driving test, I think it's the "thing", don't worry too much!
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36806953']Thanks guys :smile: Just trying to keep calm and not think about it tonight. I've got an hour driving before my test tomorrow to try and help pull it back together.

On my test I tried to go down a motorway slip road (I realised just in time) and I still passed - had a minor for signalling and steering =p As long as you're safe they can't do much against you! I also stalled in my turn in the road and hesitated at a junction so got stuck there for 5 minutes!
Why did I think it was a good idea to watch Supersize vs Superskinny just after eating dinner?!xx
Reply 5889
I need some light entertainment to watch to improve my mood, any suggestions? I enjoyed Don't tell the Bridge, but I think I've watched all of them now. Pretty exhausted today after work/studying. 3 more sleeps to go :s-smilie: but I get him for 3 whole nights then.

Good luck with the driving test Flo :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36768944']Can't remember if I posted this in here, but my brother got an offer from Imperial for medicine :biggrin: It's his top chioce, and he's really happy. I'm so proud of him - he got offers from all 4 places he applied for :smile:

I remember reading this but was at home with no laptop so don't think I ever actually said well done for him :smile: 4 offers, that's really good! What does he need to get? I was just reminded cos my sister texted me saying she's got an unconditional for dentistry at Dundee :woo: I know she's a nightmare but I'm really pleased for her. Good luck for tomorrow, I'm a terrible driver (well I had 10 lessons and gave up) but just keep calm and do your best.
I'm writing Stewart a letter. Not so much a letter as a word document. I don't know if I'll ever give it to him or if it will just stay in my computer forever. But writing it is expressing my emotions more than if I just sat down and talk to him. In a letter, he can't question me, he can't stop me mid-sentence; he can only read it and have thoughts in his head. (I sound like a voice over in One Tree Hill :L)
Got 8.30 meetings all week X-( and not sleeping properly. Kill me now. SO tired. Working til 7ish too, 11 hour days suck xx
Original post by MysteryPass
I'm writing Stewart a letter. Not so much a letter as a word document. I don't know if I'll ever give it to him or if it will just stay in my computer forever. But writing it is expressing my emotions more than if I just sat down and talk to him. In a letter, he can't question me, he can't stop me mid-sentence; he can only read it and have thoughts in his head. (I sound like a voice over in One Tree Hill :L)

I do those when I need to. It definitely helps

:hugs: for the long days bee!
Original post by New...Romantic
I remember reading this but was at home with no laptop so don't think I ever actually said well done for him :smile: 4 offers, that's really good! What does he need to get? I was just reminded cos my sister texted me saying she's got an unconditional for dentistry at Dundee :woo: I know she's a nightmare but I'm really pleased for her. Good luck for tomorrow, I'm a terrible driver (well I had 10 lessons and gave up) but just keep calm and do your best.

Congrats to your sister :woo:
My bro needs AAAC, but I think he's already got an A* in maths.

------

Currently doing my best to stay calm. Going to go shower, then eat breakfast, then my instructor is picking me up at 10.25. Trying not to think about it too much at the moment, just looking forward to getting it over with.
Double post, but..

Failed :frown: Got serious fault within about 5 minutes for stalling 5+ times at a junction >_< I panicked completely, my leg just would stop shaking.
Reply 5896
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36814548']Double post, but..

Failed :frown: Got serious fault within about 5 minutes for stalling 5+ times at a junction >_< I panicked completely, my leg just would stop shaking.

:hugs: Sorry to hear that Flo :hugs:
Sorry to hear that flo :hugs:
Flo - :hugs: so sorry to hear that!

Hellooooo :smile: I'm back! How is everyone? Been in Valencia this weekend for Las Fallas and had the most AMAZING weekend :biggrin: I've never been so tired in my life but i want to go back and do it all again now!! The statues there are so amazing and intricate and its such a shame they just burn them all to the ground but so incredible to see when they do! Went to see the Mascleta too (which is loads of fireworks and firecrackers at 2 in the afternoon which are so loud that the ground actually shakes) which was sooo cool! Went to the zoo as well and got to feed the penguins! Was quite sad to come home today! Loved it so much! Someone take me back! I'm off now to sleep for about 3 days :tongue:
:hugs: sucks =( But at least you know what happens now! Fear of the unknown is often worse than the fear of the actual thing!

In other news, my amazing new shoes arrived today. Int he wrong bloody size. I ordered the wrong size, and now they are out of stock and not even on their website. I want to cry :frown:

Latest