The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5960
Original post by New...Romantic
Ohh yum =/ Hope you feel better soon, an ear infection's bad enough without feeling sick from your antibiotics too :frown: Even a wee biscuit or glass of milk can line your stomach if you don't feel up to a big meal. Oh your bf's doing medicine, I'm sure he's told you all this.

He actually hasn't. :p: I get the distinct impression that he thinks I'm over reacting since I get them so regularly, but he doesn't understand that it doesn't make it any easier!

Original post by Lil-Lele
Sounds like quite a time you've had, bet you'll be glad to finally have things easier!

Yeah, it was definitely a case of in at the deep end and then sink or swim, but luckily we've made it through to the other side. Just gotta get through his next five years of medical school and extensive training and rotations! And then hopefully we can settle down and he'll get a permanent job, etc.
Thanks everyone, it really does mean a lot :hugs:

Original post by Stray_talk
Omg!! Just found out my ex has gotten a girl pregnant and she's going to keep it!

Oh wow! That's just.. wow! I'm sure it'll sink in soon and he'll not be as worried.
Reply 5962
Original post by MysteryPass
My relationship is over :'( He kept texting me and he asks me why I was still with him, so I told him straight: I said that while he's been dragging the relationship down I was actually trying to save it. Then he kept saying he wasn't good enough and how he didn't know how it would work after I went home (He's also being made to work late at work permanently within the next few weeks). So I told him that if he really wanted this to end, he could come tell me to my face. So he's on his way with whatever stuff is in his house.

I'm not ready to tell my family or put it on Facebook yet. I decided to put it on here because some of you might be able to help me get through. And I might tell my two friends soon, because they'll be able to help. I knew it could be coming to an end, but I didn't actually think it would :'(

:hugs::hugs: I'm sorry to hear that although at least you know where you stand now, especially as you've been so unhappy last few weeks. If you need to talk or rant feel free to PM me on here.
Original post by 22KT22
:hugs::hugs: I'm sorry to hear that although at least you know where you stand now, especially as you've been so unhappy last few weeks. If you need to talk or rant feel free to PM me on here.

Thank you (:
Reply 5964
Thank you (:

Think nothing of it.

I am officially pathetic, ended up crying at Waterloo road :frown: Although had such a relaxing day today :smile: so crap tv is deserved me thinks! Also looking forward to this weekend a lot as its very much needed just need to get some work done the next two days :smile:
I HATE HOUSESHARING :frown:

Having a really rubbish week. Don't want to live with these girls anymore. Everything they do annoys me.

Loud music in the kitchen all evening. Loud conversations now they've gone upstairs to bed (my room is downstairs) and all I can hear is giggling. Disgusting moudly abandoned food in the fridge. Heating on so high that I'm boiling (but my windows don't open and anyway I'm downstairs).

I know that's a list of really petty little things but they are all building up and making me miserable. I'm fed up. I miss home. This isn't home and I don't want to be here anymore.

I don't feel part of the house. The two girls that are here at the moment are like best mates and I feel like such an outsider. They rule the house and I just have to put up with all the rubbish.
Reply 5966
:hello:

I am in so much pain :frown: Been having back problems and now it feels like it's spread round my waist and I feel like I'm being stabbed in the kidneys :frown: I think I have a UTI as well though, so that's probably not helping, bah :frown:
Original post by Smoosh

I am in so much pain :frown: Been having back problems and now it feels like it's spread round my waist and I feel like I'm being stabbed in the kidneys :frown: I think I have a UTI as well though, so that's probably not helping, bah :frown:

Sounds like me! I'm heading to a walk in centre tomorrow after work to hopefully sort it out. (Thanks for the advice btw ladies!)

:hugs: for MP, hope you're okay

I slept 8 hours last night :woo: the most I've slept in like 9 weeks! :cool:
xx
Reply 5968
Original post by blinkbelle
Sounds like me! I'm heading to a walk in centre tomorrow after work to hopefully sort it out. (Thanks for the advice btw ladies!)

xx

Ah, sorry you're feeling the same, it's horrible! I get UTIs all the time, but they've never actually caused me pain before, I've literally been off work all week :frown: I noticed the UTI on Saturday/Sunday and then the back pain on Monday and I never assumed they were related. Then last night I started getting really nauseous and getting the pain in my kidneys, so I think it's all related to the UTI. I don't have a GP round here and didn't make it to the walk in centre last night before it shut (the boy was at work with the car and there's no way I was walking to it with this pain!), so I'm heading there this evening once he's finished work.
Reply 5969
Original post by happydinosaur

Having a really rubbish week. Don't want to live with these girls anymore. Everything they do annoys me.

Loud music in the kitchen all evening. Loud conversations now they've gone upstairs to bed (my room is downstairs) and all I can hear is giggling. Disgusting moudly abandoned food in the fridge. Heating on so high that I'm boiling (but my windows don't open and anyway I'm downstairs).

I know that's a list of really petty little things but they are all building up and making me miserable. I'm fed up. I miss home. This isn't home and I don't want to be here anymore.

I don't feel part of the house. The two girls that are here at the moment are like best mates and I feel like such an outsider. They rule the house and I just have to put up with all the rubbish.

Stuff like that annoys me about shared housing, too. :hugs: If the food is actually mouldy, I'd just throw it out and if they say anything, explain that it was growing stuff... because that's just unsafe! And turn the heating off. It's March, it's not even cold! Do they realise that heating costs money?!
Original post by jeh_jeh
Stuff like that annoys me about shared housing, too. :hugs: If the food is actually mouldy, I'd just throw it out and if they say anything, explain that it was growing stuff... because that's just unsafe! And turn the heating off. It's March, it's not even cold! Do they realise that heating costs money?!
I do clear out the fridge and throw stuff away when I get chance. As for the heating, we are guilty of not thinking about how much heating costs because all bills are included in the rent. Over winter it has often been on from 5ish in the evening right through the night until the next morning when we all leave for work. Not sure what it is set to now as I don't understand how the timer works but the house is never anything but warm. Anyway it was off when I posted last night, it had just been on for the evening so my room was stupidly hot.
*yawn*

Library time again. Aiming for 4 hoours today :smile:

Eeep, started applying for accomadation for next year :eek: Although I'm struggling to balance stuff - I don't want to live with undergrads, or in a property that's managed by an outside company, but at the same time, I don't want to pay too much for it. Some of the rooms in the buildings I want are £5800-£6200 :eek: which seems ridiculous (this is for a self-catered, 42 week contract)
Abandoned our usual Thursday pub lunch in favour of grabbing sandwiches and sitting on the grass. Bliss :smile: I'm now sat in my room with the window wide open attempting to get some work done before my 4pm.

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36839878']
Eeep, started applying for accomadation for next year :eek: Although I'm struggling to balance stuff - I don't want to live with undergrads, or in a property that's managed by an outside company, but at the same time, I don't want to pay too much for it. Some of the rooms in the buildings I want are £5800-£6200 :eek: which seems ridiculous (this is for a self-catered, 42 week contract)

Ouch! My accommodation this year is like that, and it's a bit ridiculous. Yeah, it's nicer than a lot of people I know, but over 6 grand worth of nice? Really?

Original post by jeh_jeh

I've thrown stuff from our fridge on occasion - so much milk seems to get left! :/ We just have one flatmate who has no concept of anything to do with food it seems sometimes, so we end up throwing so much stuff out. Once, the rest of us had to throw out an entire, untouched, apple crumble that had just been sat on the counter for ages. We were all gutted, we'd have killed for apple crumble! :tongue:
Original post by happydinosaur

I hope it gets better for you! I know it won't helping saying that, I really hope it does. I left bananas over Christmas in my cupboard (I forgot they were there), I got back on the 6th January and the kitchen stunk! And I mean stunk, I hadn't a clue. Two of the housemates had came back from their holidays too and said that they smelt it and searched everyone's cupboard's and seen it was mine. I was so embarrassed! But there was one guy who didn't go home at all over Christmas, and he slept in the living room/kitchen the whole time, how did he not notice?

Original post by Smoosh

You poor thing! :hugs: I was the other way around, I had bad stomach pains for a month (Some days were so bad, others were mild) then the day I went to the doctor's, it started on my back too. But the doctor wasn't the nicest person and she dismissed it as being something about kidneys. But she took a urine and blood sample, but I heard nothing about it :/

Original post by blinkbelle

xx

:hugs: Thank you BB (: 8 hours! That's great!

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36839878']*yawn*

Almost £6000? :O Wow!
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm having such a hard time telling my Mum. I was gonna wait until I got home, but that's not until next Friday, and now that I think about it, it's too long. I was so upset this morning but I've been fine this afternoon but now every-time I think of telling her, I just start getting upset again ):
oh dear :hugs: for everyone who needs them!

Flo - thats extortion :shock: is there nothing cheaper around?

Smoosh - I hope you get better soon! sounds awful :hugs:

Happy - That really sucks that you're not enjoying your houseshare :sad: is there any way you can move elsewhere? As for the mouldy food, thats disgusting :s-smilie:

Mystery - I hope you're a little better today! Don't worry about what everyone else will think just focus on yourself! She'll just be concerned that you're ok and want to support you!

Stray - Woahhhhh :s-smilie: now thats a bit of a shock :s-smilie:

I've just been on skype to my sister cos it was my nephews birthday! Love skyping them but it makes me so sad I feel like i'm missing out on all the important stages in his life :sad: In other news, I got THE most addictive toy today, its like plastic origami and you can make all sorts of shapes with it! Starting to really miss the boy but I'm back for easter in 8 days :woo: cant wait! really craving some cadburys too!! why is dairy milk the ONE THING i cant get here :sad:
I'm having such a hard time telling my Mum. I was gonna wait until I got home, but that's not until next Friday, and now that I think about it, it's too long. I was so upset this morning but I've been fine this afternoon but now every-time I think of telling her, I just start getting upset again ):

:hugs: Are you close to her? I always find it hard telling my mum anything cos we're not really. I'd probably end up sending her a text if I was in your position just cos it saves you having to say the words but I know some people would think that was a bit odd.

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36839878']*yawn*

That does seem a lot... I mean, we get a one bed flat in the city centre for £6000 a year. But then if it includes bills and internet etc and saves the hassle of finding somewhere it might be worth it? Although I thought halls were like £3-4000, not six :s-smilie:

Just had my last uni lecture ever. I'm not ready for this :sad:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jellybean91
Flo - thats extortion :shock: is there nothing cheaper around?

Original post by New...Romantic

That does seem a lot... I mean, we get a one bed flat in the city centre for £6000 a year. But then if it includes bills and internet etc and saves the hassle of finding somewhere it might be worth it? Although I thought halls were like £3-4000, not six :s-smilie:

Just had my last uni lecture ever. I'm not ready for this :sad:

Luckily, there are cheaper ones - prices range from £3100 for a single room without a washbasin, to £6800 for a flat (with kitchen and bathroom). The buildings I want to live in (because they have several dedicated postgrad blocks) don't have any of the lowest priced rooms - the cheapest ones are £3900. So I'll probably put that as my first choice, then put a different builing down as my second and third choices. It's all very, very complicated, there are so many different room types 0_o

*yawn* Boring library is boring.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5978

You poor thing! :hugs: I was the other way around, I had bad stomach pains for a month (Some days were so bad, others were mild) then the day I went to the doctor's, it started on my back too. But the doctor wasn't the nicest person and she dismissed it as being something about kidneys. But she took a urine and blood sample, but I heard nothing about it :/

That sounds horrible! :hugs: There used to be GP like that at my last doctor's practice, she just used to dismiss everything and make out as if there was no way you could be in any pain or anything and that you should just go home and get over it :lolwut: I've never been to this walk in centre before, so I'm kinda worried they'll say nothing's wrong :frown: especially as it's starting to feel less uncomfortable.
Reply 5979
hello

Latest