The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omari
hello

:wavey:

You in a LDR?
Original post by New...Romantic
:hugs: Are you close to her? I always find it hard telling my mum anything cos we're not really. I'd probably end up sending her a text if I was in your position just cos it saves you having to say the words but I know some people would think that was a bit odd.

I'm quite close to her yeah. When we started going out, it took me half an hour of walking in and out of the living room to actually say I was dating someone. Clearly some things haven't changed in six years lol. There's just something inside me that can't tell her, it's not like him and her were best friends, it's not that. It's just, to be honest, I really don't know what's my problem :/ I hope someone understands what I mean.
Original post by MysteryPass
I'm quite close to her yeah. When we started going out, it took me half an hour of walking in and out of the living room to actually say I was dating someone. Clearly some things haven't changed in six years lol. There's just something inside me that can't tell her, it's not like him and her were best friends, it's not that. It's just, to be honest, I really don't know what's my problem :/ I hope someone understands what I mean.

Once you start telling people in real life, it makes the whole thing more real - might be something to do with that? :hugs:
Reply 5983
3 hours till he gets here, I'm so impatient.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36844403']Once you start telling people in real life, it makes the whole thing more real - might be something to do with that? :hugs:

That might be possibly it. I haven't told anyone in person about it yet. I texted my two best friends and told you guys online, but no-one in real life yet. I guess I just find it a little impersonal saying it on the phone, I wish I wasn't having a hard time with telling her (I sound so stupid!).
Reply 5985
Does anyone know if ear infections can be painless? I went to the doctors on Tuesday because I'd lost my hearing on Monday and thought I needed them syringing. The nurse said that, no, I've got an ear infection, and this was promptly backed up by the doctor. I'm on antibiotics and anti-bacterial spray, but there's been no improvement to my hearing, and aside from a tiny bit of rubbish in my ear yesterday nothing much has happened. I'm scared I'm going to go permanently deaf, or something! :sad:
Eeeee, he's coming home earlier than I expected! 9 days :love: it will still have been a five week separation but WHO CARES. We're into single figures now so I'm happy!

I'm taking my youngest sister to see The Hunger Games tomorrow night and she's so hilariously excited :rofl: she keeps coming up to me and telling me the countdown in hours until we see the film, hahahaha.
Original post by rainbow drops
Eeeee, he's coming home earlier than I expected! 9 days :love: it will still have been a five week separation but WHO CARES. We're into single figures now so I'm happy!

I'm taking my youngest sister to see The Hunger Games tomorrow night and she's so hilariously excited :rofl: she keeps coming up to me and telling me the countdown in hours until we see the film, hahahaha.

:woo: Yay that's fab :biggrin:

Eugh. I'm having an 'eat all the things!' night. I just don't seem to want to stop eating - when I got in from the library, I started feeling really weak/faint/hungry, so I grabbed some sugary things, then had dinner. But I still don't feel 100% right, and just feel like all I want to do is carry on eating 0_o
Ben is coming tomorrow :woo:
Original post by Stray_talk

:woo: Yay! :biggrin:

Wish the boy as here this weekend - my housemate is going to his friend's for the weekend tomorrow night, which means a weekend in the house by myself....

College is doing a yearbook, and parents have been asked to send in a baby photo - my mum said she's going to send in this one

Spoiler

I love that picture Flo! You look so happy :smile:

Mystery, I don't know what to say :frown: I hope you are ok
Original post by rainbow drops

Yayy! So happy for you!

Original post by Stray_talk

Ooh yayy! Exciting! Do you's have any nice plans for the weekend?

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36845907']:woo: Yay! :biggrin:

Wish the boy as here this weekend - my housemate is going to his friend's for the weekend tomorrow night, which means a weekend in the house by myself....

College is doing a yearbook, and parents have been asked to send in a baby photo - my mum said she's going to send in this one

Spoiler

That photograph is freakin adorable :h:

Original post by Buecherwurm
I love that picture Flo! You look so happy :smile:

Mystery, I don't know what to say :frown: I hope you are ok

I'm okay, thank you. I haven't been as bad as I thought I would've been, but I'm guessin that'll hit me within the next few days, I'm sure. (I'm being so stupid and I know I'm overreacting with this Mum thing, but I just want to text and say it's happening but it's driving me crazy that my head won't let me. Aah, I'm so strange :/)
Reply 5992
The nurse I saw was pretty useless :frown: She did a test on my urine and said there was lots of blood in it and then was just like you need to see a gp, they might want to do some scans. Just like ughh why do you think I'm here in the first place? She gave me some antibiotics which is good I guess, but she never actually really explained what was wrong with me...although I suspect I was right that it's just a UTI that's gone to my kidneys. She didn't seem to believe I was in pain either :frown:
Original post by Smoosh
The nurse I saw was pretty useless :frown: She did a test on my urine and said there was lots of blood in it and then was just like you need to see a gp, they might want to do some scans. Just like ughh why do you think I'm here in the first place? She gave me some antibiotics which is good I guess, but she never actually really explained what was wrong with me...although I suspect I was right that it's just a UTI that's gone to my kidneys. She didn't seem to believe I was in pain either :frown:

:hugs: You poor thing ): The doctor I said about earlier, she didn't believe me either and pushed down on my stomach, I yelped and she was like "Did they hurt?" I felt like saying "No, I just like to randomly shout" I hope the antibiotics work for you :hugs:
Reply 5994
:hugs: You poor thing ): The doctor I said about earlier, she didn't believe me either and pushed down on my stomach, I yelped and she was like "Did they hurt?" I felt like saying "No, I just like to randomly shout" I hope the antibiotics work for you :hugs:

That's so horrible :frown: I hate how insensitive they can be sometimes. I asked her for a sick note because my work requested one and she was like 'oh you've been off work?' 'yes because my back has been so painful that I haven't been able to sleep or move properly since Monday and I've been feeling nauseous since yesterday' 'oh' :colonhash: Fingers crossed the antibiotics work and I don't have to go back!
Original post by Smoosh

Ugh hope they're not like this with me tomorrow! So annoying when they can't be nice :angry: xx
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36842487']Luckily, there are cheaper ones - prices range from £3100 for a single room without a washbasin, to £6800 for a flat (with kitchen and bathroom). The buildings I want to live in (because they have several dedicated postgrad blocks) don't have any of the lowest priced rooms - the cheapest ones are £3900. So I'll probably put that as my first choice, then put a different builing down as my second and third choices. It's all very, very complicated, there are so many different room types 0_o

*yawn* Boring library is boring.

I know this issue so well. I ended up opting for a 51 week let for an ensuite room which cost £5600. Kind of wish I'd gone for the cheaper older non ensuite accomodation which would have saved me at least £1000 but I loved my flat. It was SO lovely. Uni accomodation was complicated though, lots of choices like ensuite, delux, uni owned, privately owned but let through the uni...
Original post by blinkbelle
Ugh hope they're not like this with me tomorrow! So annoying when they can't be nice :angry: xx

Let's hope not! You'd think they would understand how you feel :/
--
I've got as far as typing the text, I haven't been able to send it because I keep getting upset, and I don't want her ringing and me being in floods of tears, I'm trying my best to stay strong. How does this sound?
"I forgot to tell you earlier, well I didn't really forget, I just wasn't ready, Stewart and I broke up yesterday ): I'm okay though."

Original post by Smoosh
That's so horrible :frown: I hate how insensitive they can be sometimes. I asked her for a sick note because my work requested one and she was like 'oh you've been off work?' 'yes because my back has been so painful that I haven't been able to sleep or move properly since Monday and I've been feeling nauseous since yesterday' 'oh' :colonhash: Fingers crossed the antibiotics work and I don't have to go back!

Original post by blinkbelle

:hugs: for all three of you :frown: Hope you all feel better soon.

Original post by happydinosaur
I know this issue so well. I ended up opting for a 51 week let for an ensuite room which cost £5600. Kind of wish I'd gone for the cheaper older non ensuite accomodation which would have saved me at least £1000 but I loved my flat. It was SO lovely. Uni accomodation was complicated though, lots of choices like ensuite, delux, uni owned, privately owned but let through the uni...

Yeah, it's just so confusing. I'm pretty sure I don't want to go down the privately owned route, cause I've heard quite a few bad things about those other places, but that does limit my options - there are 5 city centre blocks, 2 of which are privately owned, and another one is mainly undergrad.

blinkbelle
Snip

Bee, where did you live when you were at Leicester? Any tips? :smile:

-----

Bah. Why do the periods of the boy being rubbish at contact always happen to coincide with times I'm feeling particularly needy? There's no one around, and nothing to do but work, so I want to hear from him all the time, but he's just moved offices, so now has an hour long commute each way on top of working 8-4, so I can't blame him for falling asleep early in the evenings. I just miss my goodnight texts
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36848110']:hugs: for all three of you :frown: Hope you all feel better soon.

Yeah, it's just so confusing. I'm pretty sure I don't want to go down the privately owned route, cause I've heard quite a few bad things about those other places, but that does limit my options - there are 5 city centre blocks, 2 of which are privately owned, and another one is mainly undergrad.

Bee, where did you live when you were at Leicester? Any tips? :smile:

-----

Bah. Why do the periods of the boy being rubbish at contact always happen to coincide with times I'm feeling particularly needy? There's no one around, and nothing to do but work, so I want to hear from him all the time, but he's just moved offices, so now has an hour long commute each way on top of working 8-4, so I can't blame him for falling asleep early in the evenings. I just miss my goodnight texts

I think privately owned accomodation blocks (unite, opal etc) are ok when done through uni accomodation office as was the case for some of the Sheffield options. My brother was in Unite accomodation and had no problems despite Unite having a bad reputation, but his was let through the university accomodation service rather than through the company itself. Is that the case at Leicester?

Latest