The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am not sure either. My finals in Germany were from 8 to 1.30, so 5.5 hours. No breaks, unless you went to the loo obviously.
I do actually think long exams are better, but I guess for you it's not, as you just have several a day.
How much extra time do you get?
Reply 6021
Original post by *Interrobang*
During A Levels I had a day of 6hrs of exams... It was a nightmare!

Original post by happydinosaur
With all my extra time plus breaks for rest etc during Alevels I had days with 7 or 8 hours of exams, it wasn't fun at all. I'm sure they won't laugh in your face but at the same time I'm not sure what help they will actually be able to offer.

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36857527']I guess it depends what the uni policy is. Here, you can only move exams if you've got 4 consecutive exams (so two full days). But then I don't know whether that applies if you get extra time. Hope you manage to get something sorted :hugs:

Original post by Buecherwurm
I am not sure either. My finals in Germany were from 8 to 1.30, so 5.5 hours. No breaks, unless you went to the loo obviously.
I do actually think long exams are better, but I guess for you it's not, as you just have several a day.
How much extra time do you get?

I get 25% extra time. It's just horrible. I don't even use an exam desk. I use whatever crappy tables are in the room already (I sit my exams separately, so not in the main exam hall), so they're never the right height, so I have to hunch over the computer screen and it's just not nice.

I guess my problem is that I don't have that many exams (four written ones), so essentially a quarter of my exam marks could be messed up because I'll be shattered from a full morning. If they were shorter and/or I had more of them, I wouldn't mind. Heck, even a proper desk and an ergonomic keyboard would be nice. Even writing essays at home, I can't properly concentrate for more than a few hours without getting up and doing something else.

Ah, well, nothing to lose by mentioning it. And it also seems like a bit of an oversight - none of the other exams are timetabled like that. And the exam codes suggest that one module is a third year one and the other a fourth year (so technically no one should take both at the same time), but since the timetabling is done centrally, I bet no one in the office knows that the "third year" module is actually shared between third and fourth years.
I definitely understand and think it was right you mentioned it. I wonder whether it could be argued that you can't do that much time BECAUSE of your difficulties? Surely if they agree that you need mroe time then it's obvious that you find these things harder etc.
Bee, talking about flats, how much do you pay for your flat in London? Are you sharing with others?
I had always thought that I would like a small studio apartment so the boy and my family can come to visit whenever but I think in London that's unrealistic money wise.

Halls are really expensive, but I agree with happy, it's definitely easier.

Last piece of course work due on Monday but since my dissertation hand in I just can't seem to force myself to do any work.

London is grotesquely expensive. I pay £735 for a large double room in a gorgeous 1st floor Victorian terrace flat in a really nice area, about 45mins from central London. I share with another guy, he pays £695 cause his room is quite small. Last yr I paid £650 for a crappy small room in a crappy small flat in a nice area, and in total I think I pay £1000 for rent, council tax, bills etc atm.

I'm moving into my own flat in June though as I'm really not happy here. That'll be a LOT more.

That said, my best friend rents with 4 random strangers she found on gumtree, in an ex-LA flat in Clapham Junction (which is actually a really decent area) for £370 so there are deals to be had.

Having a lazy Friday in on my own. Got my 3 best friends (from different circles) coming to stay tomorrow and we're hitting Westfield Stratford City during the day so will need all the energy I can get!

Went to the walk-in centre and got a prescription for antibiotics. Is it bad I'm not going to start taking them until Sunday so it won't ruin my plans to go out tomorrow night ? :colondollar: the boy's out tonight, I miss him! xx
Start the ABs asap, and just take extra precautions.

The flat situation sound sos scary, I don't know what I will do. Never mind the boy! I will earn between 12 and 1400 a month, so really not a lot. I can't spend 1000 on a flat :redface:
Start the ABs asap, and just take extra precautions.

The flat situation sound sos scary, I don't know what I will do. Never mind the boy! I will earn between 12 and 1400 a month, so really not a lot. I can't spend 1000 on a flat :redface:

I earn (net) 1800/month and just about manage... I know it sounds like a lot but when you're trying to live in London its not much at all, and paying back my overdraft is taking FOREVER. :s-smilie:
xx
Guys, I just got back from The Hunger Games and it was AMAZING. Best book to film adaptation I've ever seen, honestly. I can't wait to see it again with Si!
Grr.
The boy is up and posting on facebook, but hasn't bothered to text me, despite the fact that he didn't reply last night.

Happy bunny I am not.

And I know I'm sounding really pathetic and spoilt, but I'm in a bad mood anyway, which makes it harder to deal with feeling ignored.
That would annoy me too Flo.

Speaking of housing, me and the bf go online and dream sometimes. Although, our dreams seem less far fetched with the 95% mortgages that are now available. We've seen some really nice places for about £9000 deposit and I already have a few thousand saved up, so need to just carry it on. The ones I've seen are new builds too, would looooove to live in a new build.

The bf went out to the pub last night and originally said he'd leave about 7 and I could get a taxi over to his and stay. I said once he starts drinking he won't wanna leave but he said he doesn't wanna ruin his weekend with me. As I guessed, he stayed out til 1am and I just slept at mine. Need to get up and showered etc to get ready to go to his but can't drag myself out of bed.

I just really wanted to go out for a bit last night and do something nice, I failed my science assignment and got given my placement school fairly far away (although I can't complain too much, people have it much worse). Just felt like I needed a drink.

RD, I wanna see the Hunger Games. Think this Tuesday we wanna see 21 Jump Street if it's still out though because I've heard it's really funny. Sure Hunger Games will be out for a long while!
Oh, and on the cysitis note...

I got it very soon after new years and it only went away a few of weeks ago. I don't know how I actually put up with it for that long to be honest, and I know I should've gone to the doctors.

Funny thing is, I was put on a different pill (one which they said was the same thing as Microgynon, the Elevin pill which Susan couldn't even find in her medical book....), and about 1-2 weeks after I went back onto Microgynon it stopped.

Never would have thought a pill could have you getting bladder infections...strange. Maybe it wasn't that, but it seems to be a massive coincidence!
Original post by rainbow drops
Guys, I just got back from The Hunger Games and it was AMAZING. Best book to film adaptation I've ever seen, honestly. I can't wait to see it again with Si!

RIDICULOUSLY excited to see it now :biggrin: Toniiiiiiight
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36861456']Grr.
The boy is up and posting on facebook, but hasn't bothered to text me, despite the fact that he didn't reply last night.

Happy bunny I am not.

And I know I'm sounding really pathetic and spoilt, but I'm in a bad mood anyway, which makes it harder to deal with feeling ignored.

Oh Ben does that too, really annoys me.
It's like, if you can mess about on Facebook why the hell can't you text me? I know your pain. :hugs:
Got SUCH a lovely weekend planned! Everyone arrives in about an hour, can't wait for it to start!! :woo: and how amazing is the weather?! SUCH A GOOD MOOD TODAY :biggrin:
xx
Reply 6033
I REALLY want to see The Hunger Games now - you girls are making me jealous!

Not seeing boy 'til Tuesday, and it's grey and overcast today and I'm stuck inside writing essays - boo!
Original post by Stray_talk
Oh Ben does that too, really annoys me.
It's like, if you can mess about on Facebook why the hell can't you text me? I know your pain. :hugs:

:hugs: Bloody annoying isn't it?

He did eventually text me. I'm trying very hard not to be snappy with him, because I know it's not entirely his fault - if I was feeling normal, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. But I'm just feeling all blnarg, and just grumpy and not myself.

Going to try and pull myself together and get on with life. Need to shower and get dressed, put on some washing, do the washing up, and head into town to pick up a few things I'm running out of (might also pick up a couple of bags of sweets from the market :tongue: Sugar makes everything better). Then I think I'll head to the library this afternoon, cause I need to work and if I stay at home I think I'll just end up moping around and feel sorry for myself.
Original post by jeh_jeh

Not seeing boy 'til Tuesday, and it's grey and overcast today and I'm stuck inside writing essays - boo!

I haven't read the books yet, I've bought them; they're at home though so I might read the first one when I'm back at Easter. I'm pretty excited to see it even though I know pretty much nothing about it.

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36861948']:hugs: Bloody annoying isn't it?

He did eventually text me. I'm trying very hard not to be snappy with him, because I know it's not entirely his fault - if I was feeling normal, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. But I'm just feeling all blnarg, and just grumpy and not myself.

Stewart used to do that all the time too; he would claim to "forget to text me" in the end, I would just have to laugh and say "Okay". but I do agree with you, it did get quite frustrating at times.

--

I slept for 14 hours last night. I was online at just before 8pm and there was nothing online for me, literally nothing, so I thought screw thing, I was tired and just went to bed. My Mum text me at around 10pm so i replied to her and fell right back to sleep until about half tenish this morning. Quite pleased with myself; I guess every cloud has a silver lining (:
Original post by jeh_jeh

I feel your pain. My day consists of work and rehearsals, and it's not even bright outside. On the plus side, under 2 weeks until I'm home!

I love how we had amazing weather when it was fairly grey in England, and as soon as England catches the sun, it goes cloudy here. So unimpressed :tongue:

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36861456']Grr.

Happy bunny I am not.

No, you're really not sounding pathetic, it annoys me too when the boy does that. If you have time to mess around on Facebook...

Original post by rainbow drops

I haven't even read the books and I'm desperate to see it. I'm making plans for the Easter holidays!
My annoyance has now been transfered to my housemate. He KNEW that I wanted to do washing this weekend (because I had to ask him several times to take his clothes out of the washing machine - they'd been in there 4 days :s-smilie:). So what has he done? Spread half a load of laundry over the only big drying rack in the boiler room >_< Moving his pants around was NOT what I had planned for my morning.

*grumbles*
Reply 6038
Original post by MysteryPass
I haven't read the books yet, I've bought them; they're at home though so I might read the first one when I'm back at Easter. I'm pretty excited to see it even though I know pretty much nothing about it.

Original post by miraclemile
I feel your pain. My day consists of work and rehearsals, and it's not even bright outside. On the plus side, under 2 weeks until I'm home!

I haven't even read the books and I'm desperate to see it. I'm making plans for the Easter holidays!

READ THE BOOKS! Seriously, SO good.
I have no time to read at the moment, but once exams are over in May I will have a few weeks before I have to start work. I am going home and if the weather is nice I want to spend several days on the sun lodger in our backyard reading. And soaking in some fresh air, I have periods of 5 days here where I never leave the flat.

It's my birthday on Wednesday and the boy is taking me out for afternoon tea. I have never been and am really looking forward to it.
Maybe we will go see the Hunger Games after that. Our cinema now had D Box seats and it's playing in there as well, trying to decide whether I want to do that. It's basically seats that move along with the movie.
Thursday night I am going out for a birthday dinner with some friends, really looking forward to next week.

Flo, I hate moving other people's clothes.

Latest