The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37258645']Yeah, it's just making sure I don't let mistakes get to me. Managed that ok this lesson - managed to clip my wing mirror against a parked car (stupid :mad:), which would normally mean that the rest of the lesson went completely to pot, and I'd make mistake after mistake. But I managed to get over it :smile:

I was thinking of postponing my test, but I'm not going to now - managed all my manoouvres (? cannot spell that word to save my life) pretty much perfectly, just need to focus on mirrors and positioning, so I don't feel like more lessons would make much of a difference. Got one more on Monday, then I'll have an hour before my test, so just need to focus on lots of deep breathing and claiming thoughts :tongue:

-----

:woo: Traded in some of my old text books on Amazon, and they've been received, so now I have a £30 gift card to spend :biggrin: Going to save it and treat myself to some trashy books/films after my exams. I've still got quite a few here that I can send off too :smile:
As long as you got over it, thats all that matters :smile: Practice makes perfect - and once you pass you'll come on leaps and bounds :smile:
Original post by New...Romantic

I hate exams :hugs: When do they start? Keep calm is the best advice I have for you too and it's pretty rubbish advice. I'm so unprepared for mine, why am I not more worried? :frown:

I hate exams too and this year is worse than ever. The added stress of not doing well last year leads to me being upset the whole time and feeling like whatever I do won't be enough. I waste huge chunks of my day just not working at the moment.

First one is Thursday, then Saturday, then two on Tuesday and one Friday. I just wish I could get into study mood.

And now I starting to have girly tummy pains too. Not my best day. Sorry for the moan.

Lil-hugs to you. Hope you're ok.

Flo, don't be disheartened. I always feel bad when starting to drive again (I only drive twice a year when home) but it's all about confidence. I am sure you will be fine next time :smile:
Original post by Stray_talk
Guys, can we just leave it now? Just agree to disagree and leave it at that, ey :smile:

I love that film so much :colondollar:

:rofl: Love you stray you legend :biggrin:

Original post by Lil-Lele
My bf left this morning, it was weird/horrible as ever leaving him in the morning since I normally leave him at night, but it did mean an extra night with him, which obviously was an advantage. I went straight to work from his house and now I'm home and have a ton of revision to do. I'm seriously exhausted for a few different reasons and really don't feel very happy at all, also my phone sucks and I missed his call before he went into work. Tried to get in touch with my dr today but he's not working until Weds. I won't see my bf again until Friday now, 4 nights :frown:.

81 days to go :frown:.

I have so much revision to do, how on earth do I break it down when there are so many different topics/sub topics and areas I need to cover???

As for revision, do you have a text book? If so I would be inclined to break it into the same sections they do :smile: break it up by different topics like say, travel, food, and house (or whatever the equivalent is in your book) then you can concentrate on one chapter at a time! Do the same for verbs. Split them into different tenses and just take it one at a time! If you try and do it all at once its going to overwhelm you

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37258645']Yeah, it's just making sure I don't let mistakes get to me. Managed that ok this lesson - managed to clip my wing mirror against a parked car (stupid :mad:), which would normally mean that the rest of the lesson went completely to pot, and I'd make mistake after mistake. But I managed to get over it :smile:

I was thinking of postponing my test, but I'm not going to now - managed all my manoouvres (? cannot spell that word to save my life) pretty much perfectly, just need to focus on mirrors and positioning, so I don't feel like more lessons would make much of a difference. Got one more on Monday, then I'll have an hour before my test, so just need to focus on lots of deep breathing and claiming thoughts :tongue:

-----

:woo: Traded in some of my old text books on Amazon, and they've been received, so now I have a £30 gift card to spend :biggrin: Going to save it and treat myself to some trashy books/films after my exams. I've still got quite a few here that I can send off too :smile:

ooooh yey well done :biggrin: :five:

Also you can do that??? How do I get rid of my old text books for cash?? :biggrin: does it matter that ive written in them all?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jellybean91

So skype with the boy was nice last night and made us both feel better... we're going to get through this and be able to move on from it. Its going to be hard, he's still got these doubts in his head and nothing I say or do is going to change this :sad: but we're moving forwards and thats all that matters to me right now :smile: other than that, this essay is boring me to tears :s-smilie:

Yay :hugs:

Meh, did some revision today, but not as much as I probably could/should have. I did resist the urge to give up completely and eat another pasty though, and ploughed on through, so I'm happy. I'm blaming the fact that I had to go into town this morning to the dentist for disrupting my routine :tongue:

I see the boy in 10 days, and I'm surprised at how good I'm being at this separation business atm, to be honest. Possibly because I know the longest I'm going is three weeks, and he's making summer plans (asked me about going to France last night! Without me saying anything! What is this madness?) so even though we haven't spoken much this week because he's stupidly busy and I'm revising, I'm still so happy :woo: Bought myself a face mask this morning too, and I still have a magazine I've not read, so I'm looking forward to a nice bath soon. Just maybe not tonight, for fear of missing Gossip Girl :colondollar:
Original post by Jellybean91

ooooh yey well done :biggrin: :five:

Also you can do that??? How do I get rid of my old text books for cash?? :biggrin: does it matter that ive written in them all? :colondollar:

So skype with the boy was nice last night and made us both feel better... we're going to get through this and be able to move on from it. Its going to be hard, he's still got these doubts in his head and nothing I say or do is going to change this :sad: but we're moving forwards and thats all that matters to me right now :smile: other than that, this essay is boring me to tears :s-smilie:

:hugs: Glad you and the boy are beginning to move on.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can send them in if you've written in them :sad: (I tend not to write in mine, don't know why, I just can't bear the idea of marking the pages for some reason). But yes, Amazon do a trade in service for textbooks/video games. It's probably a bit of a rip-off (pretty sure they'll make far more for the books that they gave me), but it's really easy, and I'm lazy, so it'q quite convenient :tongue: I've just entered in the books I've got as uni, and they come to another £30, so I'm going to send them off ASAP

Original post by miraclemile
Yay :hugs:

Meh, did some revision today, but not as much as I probably could/should have. I did resist the urge to give up completely and eat another pasty though, and ploughed on through, so I'm happy. I'm blaming the fact that I had to go into town this morning to the dentist for disrupting my routine :tongue:

I see the boy in 10 days, and I'm surprised at how good I'm being at this separation business atm, to be honest. Possibly because I know the longest I'm going is three weeks, and he's making summer plans (asked me about going to France last night! Without me saying anything! What is this madness?) so even though we haven't spoken much this week because he's stupidly busy and I'm revising, I'm still so happy :woo: Bought myself a face mask this morning too, and I still have a magazine I've not read, so I'm looking forward to a nice bath soon. Just maybe not tonight, for fear of missing Gossip Girl :colondollar:

I am sooooo stealing this idea. I've got a magazine and a Lush bath bomb already, going to treat myself on Friday and have a nice long soak before the boy gets here :smile:

And I'm with you on the revision/work from. I've done nothing today, apart from go to the library and pick up a couple of books. I'm trying to get some work done now (although clearly not trying hard enough since I'm on there :tongue:), cause I'm going to meet a friend at the college bar this evening, which means no work tonight either.
Double post but:

http://make-everything-ok.com/

Just saw this on one of my friend's fb pages :biggrin:

Also, in other news, just got an email saying that there had been bomb threats at the Students Union and one of the colleges 0_o
Ahh Flo, that made my afternoon! May just have to bookmark that :biggrin:
Aw that just made me smile. Thanks Flo :smile:

Bomb Threats? How weird and a bit spooky. Probably some drunk people being hilarious.

I can sign up for graduation now. Scary times
Reply 6908
It really annoys me when so called 'friends' make no effort ever to speak or arrange things when you really do. I mean being in an LDR it's so important to have friends around you and people that you like to spend time with, and I really don't have anyone other than family, and I have company at work too obviously. Part of the reason I moved back home from living with the bf was my anxiety was becoming so bad because I had no friends in Bristol and no job so I was bored out of my mind. I was hoping to come back and spend lots of time with friends, it's been 7 months and I haven't spent much time with any of them despite very much trying.

Just been for my obligatory 15 minute power walk in the fresh air (if I don't I feel lazy) and I'll do another 15 minutes on the cross trainer later on. Made a poster for French about comparing life in the country and in the town and then some weather vocab as those are some of the topics that could come up. My tutor is coming tomorrow so I've made a list of more things I can go through with him. Hopefully will do another exam question, some audio, vocab and read properly through the spec tonight, and that will be enough for the day.

I really miss my bf and it's only been like 9 hours :frown:
It really annoys me when so called 'friends' make no effort ever to speak or arrange things when you really do. I mean being in an LDR it's so important to have friends around you and people that you like to spend time with, and I really don't have anyone other than family, and I have company at work too obviously. Part of the reason I moved back home from living with the bf was my anxiety was becoming so bad because I had no friends in Bristol and no job so I was bored out of my mind. I was hoping to come back and spend lots of time with friends, it's been 7 months and I haven't spent much time with any of them despite very much trying.

My old high school friends were like that. They stopped inviting me to things and then I actually found out why. I'd said no to the cinema twice in a row (One time they wanted to see a film I just didn't want to see, the second time they insisted on just going to the cinema then seeing what was on, which I hate!) so they just assumed that I wasn't going to come anymore, therefore they stopped inviting me.

One best friend was like that for the past few months, he wouldn't arrange anything with my other friend and I, we would always try and arrange stuff with him (We didn't have a lot of time because I was only back in Belfast for a short amount of time due to Uni obviously) and we eventually got to meet up with him a few weeks ago, and I genuinely don't think he knew he was doing it so much. He seemed a bit shocked to know I was a little pissed at him, considering we hadn't seem him since August.

I know it's tough, but you just need to talk to your friends, tell them how you're feeling, they may not even realise they're doing it. And you also have to take into account that they are probably just as busy, I can't tell you how long it's taken to arrange a time with my two friends because one's busy one day and one's available that day but can only meet between this time and this time. It is tough, I don't have many friends, so when I can't see my friends, it does hurt ): But we're all growing up, they've jobs, one's also at college, so I think just talking to them is going to be the easiest thing to do. Don't seem angry when talking to them, just bring it up casually, and try and arrange something with them. If they really are your friends, they'll understand.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6910
Original post by MysteryPass
But we're all growing up, they've jobs, one's also at college

This is the issue, as I've said before as we grow up the focus seems to be more on relationships and less on friendships. All of my friends live with their other halves, so in their eyes I'm in no way a priority :frown:
This is the issue, as I've said before as we grow up the focus seems to be more on relationships and less on friendships. All of my friends live with their other halves, so in their eyes I'm in no way a priority :frown:

That sometimes happens though, and for the most part, many don't even realise they're doing it. Not sure what else to say, it's a hard situation :hugs:
Reply 6912
Flo? are you in bristol uni? my bf just got the same warning
Using Written? Kitten! as an incentive to work, and now i'm genuinely feeling distressed that i cant think of 5 more words to get me to my next kitten!! :colondollar:

Lil - could you not join a club or anything? is there any sport or hobby you like to do that you could find a club for there and make friends that way?
Job interview tomorrow :s-smilie: Trying to think of it as a bonus interview as I didn't even apply for the job (long story!) and shall enjoy the day trip to London.

Quite stressful really though, all this thinking about the future and trying to make the right decisions.
Flo? are you in bristol uni? my bf just got the same warning

No, I'm at Durham. I've got friend at Bristol thoygh, so I saw that they had one too. So odd that it happened inbtwo places at the same time, I'm wondering if they're connected somehow...
Original post by happydinosaur
Job interview tomorrow :s-smilie: Trying to think of it as a bonus interview as I didn't even apply for the job (long story!) and shall enjoy the day trip to London.

Quite stressful really though, all this thinking about the future and trying to make the right decisions.

Ahh good luck! What's the job?

Well, this might be a bit blunt, but are they a priority for you? When your boyfriend's there? You see him every weekend and if they're all working FT or at uni then the weekend will be the only time they really have to do stuff. Just trying to put a different spin on it for you but it is hard to keep in touch as you get older, I've lost touch with everyone I knew before uni.

Original post by Buecherwurm
I hate exams too and this year is worse than ever. The added stress of not doing well last year leads to me being upset the whole time and feeling like whatever I do won't be enough. I waste huge chunks of my day just not working at the moment.

First one is Thursday, then Saturday, then two on Tuesday and one Friday. I just wish I could get into study mood.

And now I starting to have girly tummy pains too. Not my best day. Sorry for the moan.

Don't be daft, that's not even that moany. Ew Saturday exams and two in one day? :hugs: I keep getting upset too, broke down in tears earlier. Exams.

Original post by happydinosaur

Good luck :smile: Try not to worry about the future just yet and just get through the interview, I'm sure you'll do great.
Good luck with the interview :smile:
Good luck with the interview HD

Made myself a nice healthy (and tasty) dinner....
...tripped upstairs and threw most of over the carpet. FML :sad:

(The loss of food sshouldn't make me quite this sad, should it? :s-smilie:)

Latest