The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Buecherwurm
Is that the close reading exam Susan? Anything we can help you with?

I got my last one tomorrow as well. Not as prepared as I'd like to be, just like for all of these. I wish I were single honours and only had few exams, 5 is just too many for me for one week.

Katie, glad you worked it out :smile:

Original post by New...Romantic
Thanks but I don't think so :sad: I'm worried about plagiarism too, when the whole exam is basically rewording a published paper it seems too easy to accidentally use their words. And then there might be a question on mechanisms of drugs but some lecturers have said there won't so I didn't really look over stuff but now everyone seems to think there will be so that's 10% gone straight off. I actually feel so sick and like I'm going to ruin 4 years of my life tomorrow.

Good luck for tomorrow. 5 in a week is awful, I have 5 over two weeks and that's bad. At least you're nearly done now.

Massive :hugs: Good luck to both of you
Original post by blinkbelle
My flatmate is trying to manipulate me into paying almost £500 to move out of our flat :-/ xx

That's really weird, why? :s-smilie:

---

Going to attempt a second library day - got to be in at 9 to do the last minute touches on out group project, and I'm taking my laptop, so mopefully I'll be able to find a study space once we're done.
Susan sorry for never answering last night. Try not to stress too much and just do your best. How much does the exam count? I am sure even if you did badly in one module you won't ruin your degree. What are you hoping for overall?

Thanks Flo, I need hugs and luck. A bit of last minute cramming now and then at 4pm I am free. Weird!

Bee, why would he ask for 500 pounds?
Reply 7262
Good luck with exams, Sabrina and Susan! I can't believe my first one is three weeks today, and then four weeks on Wednesday I'll be done. :s-smilie:

And, yay, that his parents said yes, Katie. :woo:

Gotta take my sister to the station in a bit because she's got an exam today, and then I have a thrilling day of writing my oral presentation coming right up. It's gonna be so boring - the boy's in an exam 09:30-11:30 and 2-3, so I can't even call him for entertainment. And all my other siblings are at school 'til, like, 5. I think my mum should be home at some point, but she's a whirlwind of activity even when we are in the same house. Boooored already! :p:
Reply 7263
10.5 hours till he gets here :smile:
My flatmate is trying to manipulate me into paying almost £500 to move out of our flat :-/ xx

What??? Why on earth??? :s-smilie:

Flo - good luck in the library!

Good luck to everyone with exams :smile:

3 weeks today until I'm home for good! Very weird feeling :s-smilie: where did this year go????
Why does train travel (and travel in general) have to be so expensive? :sad:

I'm pretty on top of my work, so much so that I could easily afford (time-wise) to spend the weekend with the boy. But I can't afford the £70 it would take me to get there :frown:

It's weird at the moment - I feel that as a thrid year in my final term, I should be working pretty much 24/7, but I'm not and I feel like a slacker. But the thing is, I don't really have enough work 0_o (weird thing to complain about, I know :tongue:). I've got two essays due a week today, but they're both pretty much finished (one needs a bibliography, and they both need some last minute tweaking, but the majority is done). Then I've only got one exam, and it's not for another 2.5 weeks. I just feel at a bit of a loose end - I don't really know what to do with myself apart from work, but there's only so much I have left to do.

Meh.

Friday = wine time. Going to pop round to the corner shop and get a bottle, can't be bothered to walk into town, and we recently discovered that the shop takes card payments over £5, so money isn't a problem.
:hugs: for everyone with exams/deadlines coming up
Currently tucking into a nice cold strawberry and lime Kopparberg. I love Fridays :biggrin:
And just to top everything off I got an email saying that it is "highly unlikely" I will be allocated a placement in Germany as year abroad students are being allocated places first and there aren't enough places for all of them. They've told me to make other plans. I'm just going to sit in bed with wine and ice-cream tonight and cry in a heap.
Original post by Buecherwurm
Susan sorry for never answering last night. Try not to stress too much and just do your best. How much does the exam count? I am sure even if you did badly in one module you won't ruin your degree. What are you hoping for overall?

Thanks Flo, I need hugs and luck. A bit of last minute cramming now and then at 4pm I am free. Weird!

Bee, why would he ask for 500 pounds?

I tried to keep calm and just write, don't know how it went but I got through it without a breakdown. Not confident though. It was 75% of that class :frown: The other 25% comes from an essay we handed in 2 months ago and still haven't got marks back (but was rubbish). Well I went into 4th year hoping for a merit at least but now I think I'm looking at a pass. After today an overall pass would probably be a good result. I know that one class won't affect your average that much but I've only been averaging 60ish and if I get below 50 in any class I fail :frown: 50% sounds so low but I'm not sure I've even managed it.

Hope yours went okay and you're out celebrating!

I'm going to ask why too. Surely that's down to your landlord, not them?

:hugs: Kat :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hbandtr4eva
And just to top everything off I got an email saying that it is "highly unlikely" I will be allocated a placement in Germany as year abroad students are being allocated places first and there aren't enough places for all of them. They've told me to make other plans. I'm just going to sit in bed with wine and ice-cream tonight and cry in a heap.

Oh nooo Kat :hugs: I'm so so sorry that could not suck more! When do you find out if you've got a place? :hugs: i really hope you get one thats so horrible for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: sorry you're having such a hard time lately! I hope something picks up for you soon!
Reply 7271

:hugs: :hugs: They're a bit late in telling you! Is this with the British council? What about doing teaching in another country or even applying to schools direct?

Sorry things are so **** atm Kat :hugs:
My ex, as you may know or not, got a random[ish] girl pregnant. We still talk despite the break up not being fun for me, but something really got me just now when he told me he went to the first pregnancy scan and "saw his baby". I have no feelings left for him and am perfectly happy in my current relationship but hearing that made me feel so strange. :s-smilie:

Can anyone tell me why I'm feeling like I am?

Original post by New...Romantic
I tried to keep calm and just write, don't know how it went but I got through it without a breakdown. Not confident though. It was 75% of that class :frown: The other 25% comes from an essay we handed in 2 months ago and still haven't got marks back (but was rubbish). Well I went into 4th year hoping for a merit at least but now I think I'm looking at a pass. After today an overall pass would probably be a good result. I know that one class won't affect your average that much but I've only been averaging 60ish and if I get below 50 in any class I fail :frown: 50% sounds so low but I'm not sure I've even managed it.

Massive :hugs: for both of you.

Original post by Stray_talk
My ex, as you may know or not, got a random[ish] girl pregnant. We still talk despite the break up not being fun for me, but something really got me just now when he told me he went to the first pregnancy scan and "saw his baby". I have no feelings left for him and am perfectly happy in my current relationship but hearing that made me feel so strange. :s-smilie:

Can anyone tell me why I'm feeling like I am?

Possibly because at some point, whether consciously or not, you thought about that as being the future for you and him? So seeing him do those things with someone else feels strange, even though now it's not something you want.
:hugs:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37400662']

Possibly because at some point, whether consciously or not, you thought about that as being the future for you and him? So seeing him do those things with someone else feels strange, even though now it's not something you want.
:hugs:

I did entertain the idea once or twice. Bah, I think it's because I'm frustrated that my LDR will go on another year for certain. And the alcohol I have just consumed has depressed me slightly :tongue:
Original post by Stray_talk
I did entertain the idea once or twice. Bah, I think it's because I'm frustrated that my LDR will go on another year for certain. And the alcohol I have just consumed has depressed me slightly :tongue:

I know what you mean about the LDR part - one of my friends just got married, and she's not been with her boyfriend (well, husband I guess) that much longer that B and I have been together (about a year longer, maybe a bit more). And I did feel a bit meh thinking that in a year's time, B and I won't even be living together, let alone be in a position to think about engagement/getting married.

EDIT: I drank all the wine :sad: Well, not all of it, but I promised myself that I'd ration it out for 3 days, and I've had my daily quota. Tempted to go downstairs and have an extra half a glass, then skip hvaing it either tomorrow/Sunday...

EDIT 2: Ended up going for a second glass of wine :redface: But getting more and more frustrated about trains. I so want to see the boy this weekend, but I know that I can't really afford it (technically, I have the money right now, but it's got to last over as much of the summer as possible, cause I doubt I'll get a job, and I don't want to have to dip into my savings too much), so logical brains is saying 'NO'.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm a thread killer :cry2:

Morning everyone :smile:

Eugh, need to move my butt and go for a run - I haven't been since Tuesday, but I'm really trying to stick to three times a week, so I have to go today and tomorrow if I'm going to manage it. I'd hoped to sleep in for a bit longer, but have been waking up regularly since 6 (which seems to happen most days now), so gave up about an hour ago and dragged my laptop into bed with me.
Reply 7277
Urgh just when i thought his mum was ok with it, she sends an email going, it sounds like a nice idea but too much time alone may put temptation in your way! FFS we've been together 5 years if we wanted sex we'd have had it by now! We've booked now so it's tough luck but who wants to go to soul survivor with just their bf, its hardly romantic plus its something you do with youth groups. what's so bad about wanting time alone?

Flo: :hugs: about Train fares they suck, remind me i need to buy mine home. Go for a run, you'll enjoy it once you get there.

Stray I know what you mean. Its probably to do with the frustration of everone moving on with their lives/relationships and being stuck in limbo with the LDR. Another friend from school gets married today, both have been together less time that the boy and me and I have another year till we can be a proper couple, its really frustrating. :hugs: Hope toy feel better this morning.
Reply 7278
happy.gif

Morning! Local doctor's surgery are sending their manager over today to have a chat about services and things, hopefully get more support and I'll talk to them about sitting in on clinics and GP surgeries. Then got a day off tomorrow so getting my haircut and going shopping with my sister (10% off at matalan). Need to get a dress for Marc's friend's wedding reception next weekend - any idea what
Wow blimey.... so a girl who used to be one of my best friends in primary school (pretty much havent seen or spoken to her since then though) has just had a baby :s-smilie: feeling way too young to even think about that :s-smilie: its so weird, all of the girls i was friends with in primary school pretty much dropped out of secondary school, and a few even have kids now :s-smilie: can't help but wonder if i'd have done the same if i went to the same school, and if the reason i am where i am now is down to nature or nurture!

Latest