LDR chat thread VIII

Announcements Posted on
Join our Forum Game competition to win up to £60 in vouchers! 27-11-2014
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warriorheart)
    Yep
    Are you from germany, too?
    No My boyfriend's German. Which Bundesland are you from? Are you at uni?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    No My boyfriend's German. Which Bundesland are you from? Are you at uni?
    I'd rather be english. Maybe we should change.
    But isn't it hard, if your boyfriend is in germany, and you're in another country?
    Where are you from? (:
    I'm from 'saarland'. It's one of smallest ones. Nope, I'm still going to school, and what about you?
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be english. Maybe we should change.
    But isn't it hard, if your boyfriend is in germany, and you're in another country?
    Where are you from? (:
    I'm from 'saarland'. It's one of smallest ones. Nope, I'm still going to school, and what about you?
    Weak link here but my boyfriend's mother is from the Saarland I'm from Surrey. Near London. Are you in an LDR then?

Yes, it is quite hard. But mainly I'm so used to the distance that I don't even notice it- we've always been long-distance. But I'd rather have my German boyfriend miles away than an English boyfriend in my own town

I'm nearly done with school. I'm going to university this autumn to study German and Spanish

I'm Chiara btw
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weak link here but my boyfriend's mother is from the Saarland I'm from Surrey. Near London. Are you in an LDR then?

Yes, it is quite hard. But mainly I'm so used to the distance that I don't even notice it- we've always been long-distance. But I'd rather have my German boyfriend miles away than an English boyfriend in my own town

I'm nearly done with school. I'm going to university this autumn to study German and Spanish

I'm Chiara btw
    Really? Kind of cool!
    I'm sorry, but what does LDR mean?

Seems like you love him a lot. :3

You're going to study german? I wanted to say, if you've got some questions then, you can ask me, but then I thought of your german boyfriend.

Nice to meet you, Chiara. My name is Alina.
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? Kind of cool!

You're going to study german? I wanted to say, if you've got some questions then, you can ask me, but then I thought of your german boyfriend.

Well, you are in the LDR Thread so I assumed you were in a Long Distance Relationship/Fernbeziehung

Have you done your Abi yet? And nice to meet you too
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm Chiara btw
    Are you in any way Italian? Or did your parents just like the name?
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeh_jeh)
    Are you in any way Italian? Or did your parents just like the name?
    My dad's Italian but my command of the language far outstrips his, but only covers a few words
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dad's Italian but my command of the language far outstrips his, but only covers a few words
    I always think German compound nouns ("Fernbeziehung") are so cool, but sadly I don't think that's a good enough reason to learn the language. :p:

Ah, ciao! Hallo! Hello, etc.
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? Kind of cool!

Übrigens...http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=719291

I always think German compound nouns ("Fernbeziehung") are so cool, but sadly I don't think that's a good enough reason to learn the language. :p:

Grazie, prego, sale, pepe, gelato, gabinetti, various words for greetings which I deleted because I can't spell them and didn't want to offend your eyes also how are you, what's your name, my name is, etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, you are in the LDR Thread so I assumed you were in a Long Distance Relationship/Fernbeziehung

Have you done your Abi yet? And nice to meet you too
    I'm kind of stupid, please tell me.
    Oh god, this is really embarassing. :ahhhhh: I should have been more attentive. Oh god. Let's ignore this fact, please?

Actually, I'm not. But that's a very long story.

No, I haven't. There are still 4 years.

What are you doing? (:
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of stupid, please tell me.
    Oh god, this is really embarassing. :ahhhhh: I should have been more attentive. Oh god. Let's ignore this fact, please?

Actually, I'm not. But that's a very long story.

No, I haven't. There are still 4 years.

What are you doing? (:
    What do you mean?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Hey (:
    how are you?
    I also think that this isn't a good enough reason to learn it. d: But I could teach you something, if you want. :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean?
    I don't know

How long have you been in love with your boyfriend? (:
    If I'm allowed to ask.
    And thanks for your link, seems like I'm not the only german here.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

College are doing a trip to Edinburg post-exams, for £12 So just signed up with 4 of my friends, hopefully we should get on cause I got the form in just after it opened.

Only thing is, I was supposed to go the the boy's on the Friday (the trip is on the Saturday). Hoping he won't mind though - we'll have seen each other the weekend before, and I'll head up to his on Sunday and we'll have a full week together, so it's not too bad. Just really want to make the most of my final term.

Mmmm, dinner time methinks. Also, wine
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey (:
    how are you?
    I also think that this isn't a good enough reason to learn it. d: But I could teach you something, if you want. :cool:
    I'm good! For a bit of background, I've been with my boyfriend for three years in July - the first year of that I was in Italy and he was in England, and now we go to universities that are half an hour from each other on the train... but I've graduated, so we don't really any more. I'm going to his university to do my Masters in September, only he won't be there because he's a medic and will have started his hospital-based training by then.

Haha, I'd love to, but my brain is full of Italian (I study it).

(Original post by Flo[ProActiv])
    :woo:

College are doing a trip to Edinburg post-exams, for £12 So just signed up with 4 of my friends, hopefully we should get on cause I got the form in just after it opened.

Only thing is, I was supposed to go the the boy's on the Friday (the trip is on the Saturday). Hoping he won't mind though - we'll have seen each other the weekend before, and I'll head up to his on Sunday and we'll have a full week together, so it's not too bad. Just really want to make the most of my final term.

Mmmm, dinner time methinks. Also, wine
    £12? Is that a day trip? That sounds so cool!

---

YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS, I think *it's* fiiinished!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm good! For a bit of background, I've been with my boyfriend for three years in July - the first year of that I was in Italy and he was in England, and now we go to universities that are half an hour from each other on the train... but I've graduated, so we don't really any more. I'm going to his university to do my Masters in September, only he won't be there because he's a medic and will have started his hospital-based training by then.

Haha, I'd love to, but my brain is full of Italian (I study it).
    Oh that sounds pretty good! I'm so glad to here that you're happy with him.
    I always ask myself how someone could stand that. It has to be very hard, if the person you love lives in another country..

I think I should go now. As you probably realized, I'm in the wrong thread. :flute:

What I've learned today: You should better read the description of a thread before you post in it.

I wish your relationship the best luck, furthermore. And it`s the same with yours, Chiara.

Bye you two!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

£12? Is that a day trip? That sounds so cool!

---

YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS, I think *it's* fiiinished!

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo: for it being done It's such a releif handing it, I felt so good once I got rid of mine.

Yeah, day trip by coach. Not a huge fan of coaches, but it won't be too bad (although I'm going out the night before, need to remember NOT to drink too much), think it's 2.5-3 hours each way. And it's way cheaper than getting the train. We were discussing going shopping for Summer Ball dresses while we were there. It's 4 girls (and one girl's boyfriend) going, so it'll be nice to have some girly time too

*yawn* Think I'm going to get a second glass of wine, and head to bed with toffee popcorn and The Back Up Plan Planning on doing 9-6 in the library tomorrow, so need to get up at around 7.30 to give myself enough time to shower/have breakfast, so I think an early nigh is in order. Really hoping to get one of the stud spaces in the new wing, taking my laptop with my so hopefully I can get a plug...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember the excitement of uni exams being done with - although doing Maths I never had a dissertation to worry about. Can't believe I finished my degree two years ago and my PGCE almost a year ago.

Really glad of the bank holiday weekend. All planned and marked ready for the week ahead and all housework done, so Will and I can relax tomorrow.

Baked a lemon drizzle cake and a sticky gingerbread cake today as well so shall take some into the staffroom Tuesday with me.

Will made Heston Blumenthal's chilli con carne from his 'Heston Blumenthal At Home' book and I must say that it was the best chilli we have ever had - took quite a lot of prep but I would recommend it to anyone.

I know I don't really belong in this thread anymore but may post every now and then if that's ok?
    • 17 followers

(Original post by Lawkt)
    I remember the excitement of uni exams being done with - although doing Maths I never had a dissertation to worry about. Can't believe I finished my degree two years ago and my PGCE almost a year ago.

Really glad of the bank holiday weekend. All planned and marked ready for the week ahead and all housework done, so Will and I can relax tomorrow.

Baked a lemon drizzle cake and a sticky gingerbread cake today as well so shall take some into the staffroom Tuesday with me.

Will made Heston Blumenthal's chilli con carne from his 'Heston Blumenthal At Home' book and I must say that it was the best chilli we have ever had - took quite a lot of prep but I would recommend it to anyone.

I know I don't really belong in this thread anymore but may post every now and then if that's ok?
    Of course! It's nice to have someone as a symbol of the good that comes out of LDR and another teacher

So happy about the bank holiday. I think it's the only one in the year that isn't included in teachers' holiday
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm so fed up of people making me feel like it is my own fault I'm not enjoying Leeds. Apparently living here is amazing and if I don't think that it is,, it is because I'm not trying hard enough or giving it a chance.

It has upset me more than it should tonight but I don't see why I need to be critised for having the opinion that place A is better than place B when it comes to my own happiness and enjoyment of life.
Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.