Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LDR chat thread VIII

Announcements Posted on
    • 17 followers

Despite not really getting all the Olympic and Olympic torch hype, I do find it pretty cool that my brother's girlfriend will be carrying it on part of it's journey.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Despite not really getting all the Olympic and Olympic torch hype, I do find it pretty cool that my brother's girlfriend will be carrying it on part of it's journey.
    My boyfriend's uncle's new wife (I still can't think of her as his aunty!) is carrying it, too. I have no idea what the selection criteria were, though. [/random]
    • 17 followers

(Original post by jeh_jeh)
    My boyfriend's uncle's new wife (I still can't think of her as his aunty!) is carrying it, too. I have no idea what the selection criteria were, though. [/random]
    I think a lot have been chosen due to things they have done in the community or for charity.
    The whole thing is a bit ridiculous really as a lot of the torch bearers are taking it through towns and cities that aren't even their home town!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    I think a lot have been chosen due to things they have done in the community or for charity.
    The whole thing is a bit ridiculous really as a lot of the torch bearers are taking it through towns and cities that aren't even their home town!
    She must have a secret life. Boyfriend didn't even know! The only reason I found out was because she mentioned it on Twitter.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    You guys, you guys, I WANT TO GO BACK TO ITALY. I'm watching Two Greedy Italians on iPlayer instead of revising, and just. :drool:
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can now stay up to date with your musings, thank god for this long overdue app!
    Got my strapless bra and shoes for prom. Haven't revised, though. Or done that Spanish essay for tomorrow

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    You guys, you guys, I WANT TO GO BACK TO ITALY. I'm watching Two Greedy Italians on iPlayer instead of revising, and just. :drool:
    hahahaha I LOVE them!! they make me want to throw the diet out the window! Have you ever been to a carluccios?? :coma: sooo good!

Just did a huuuge run! really proud of myself!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unrelated, but please may we be dissertation support partners next year? I am already slightly apprehensive. Luckily, my MA is taught so I don't think it'll be as long as research, but still!
    Yes! The thought of doing another dissertation currently petrifies me. Mine's taught too - there's a timetable online (from this year), and it looks like from the end of April to the end of July is aaaaaaaalll dissertation

(Original post by Jellybean91)
    hahahaha I LOVE them!! they make me want to throw the diet out the window! Have you ever been to a carluccios?? :coma: sooo good!

Just did a huuuge run! really proud of myself!
    Carluccio's :love: Sooooo nice.

And yay for the run! I'm impressed you're managing to run in Spain, it's only about 10 degrees here and I'm already beginning to find it too hot

...I want food.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've found the perfect revision snack: pickled chillis! They're low calorie and spicy - so you can't eat many and I never want to eat anything else!
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    Found my student finance stuff

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    Just bitten the bullet and ordered clothes online (which I have never done before). Got 25% off, so even with the delivery (about £1.50 more than if I had got the train to the shop myself), it cost less than the dress! Had a £10 gift card from Christmas too The dress I ordered. What do you girls think? I have to be careful with dresses, as the ones that don't flow out at the bottom tend to look awful on me with my large hips
    Aww very pretty well done!

I went to IKEA today with one of my most lovely male friends - he drove me there, wandered around with me for 3 hours and carried everything to his car and up my stairs to my flat! Amazing! Got massive shelves, bedside table, chest of drawers and shoe cabinet for my new flat so excited to move! Had a mega fun day it was great to get out of the house! Currently sat on my bed in a room that looks like I'm moving tomorrow not in 3 weeks! But glad its all packed as I won't have any non-work days before I move.

In other news, this time next week I will be in Greece with my boy :woo: bring it on!xx

Edit - EEK just had a look and I made £100 on eBay!!! That's £250 in less than a month :cool:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Aww very pretty well done!

I went to IKEA today with one of my most lovely male friends - he drove me there, wandered around with me for 3 hours and carried everything to his car and up my stairs to my flat! Amazing! Got massive shelves, bedside table, chest of drawers and shoe cabinet for my new flat so excited to move! Had a mega fun day it was great to get out of the house! Currently sat on my bed in a room that looks like I'm moving tomorrow not in 3 weeks! But glad its all packed as I won't have any non-work days before I move.

In other news, this time next week I will be in Greece with my boy :woo: bring it on!xx

Edit - EEK just had a look and I made £100 on eBay!!! That's £250 in less than a month :cool:
    Well done I have tons of stuff that needs ebaying, never done it before!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like successful shopping Bee!

Ooops. I was sat on my bed watching a program about the 1970s (it's one of my topics for the exam, so I'm telling myself that it counts as revision ) and I accidentally dozed off :eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The BBC2 70s documentary? I've really enjoyed that.

Everyone in my house seems to be feeling really sick so I'm hiding in my room. Hoping it is hangover feeling sick (as they went out last night, although one housemate didn't as she already felt rough but seems ok today) rather than evil contagious ill feeling sick as I won't be able to cope with that.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to think of birthday present ideas for the boy. For his main present he's getting a new tattoo, but I'd still like to get him some little bits, just can't think of anything!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    The BBC2 70s documentary? I've really enjoyed that.

Everyone in my house seems to be feeling really sick so I'm hiding in my room. Hoping it is hangover feeling sick (as they went out last night, although one housemate didn't as she already felt rough but seems ok today) rather than evil contagious ill feeling sick as I won't be able to cope with that.
    Yeah, the Dominic Sandbrook one It's really good, my mum has his books so I think I might read them over the summer. Great timing for it to be on - my exam is on popular culture in Britain since 1960, so it's covering loads of stuff.

Hopefully your housemates are just hungover :hugs:

(Original post by Smoosh)
    I'm trying to think of birthday present ideas for the boy. For his main present he's getting a new tattoo, but I'd still like to get him some little bits, just can't think of anything!
    I always find Firebox good for little extras

-----

Hrmm. In bed watching Bridesmaids, but I think I might give up and read instead. I really want to like it (I saw it at the cinema when it came out and didn't get the hype) but I'm just finding it too cringy
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flo[ProActiv])
    Yeah, the Dominic Sandbrook one It's really good, my mum has his books so I think I might read them over the summer. Great timing for it to be on - my exam is on popular culture in Britain since 1960, so it's covering loads of stuff.

Hopefully your housemates are just hungover :hugs:

I always find Firebox good for little extras

-----

Hrmm. In bed watching Bridesmaids, but I think I might give up and read instead. I really want to like it (I saw it at the cinema when it came out and didn't get the hype) but I'm just finding it too cringy
    I think I'll take a look on there I got him some little bits from there last year too, so handy! I might make him some cupcakes, either Star Wars or Avengers themed, hmmm.

I only just saw Bridesmaids for the first time the other week, I was expecting it to be loads better than it was...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll take a look on there I got him some little bits from there last year too, so handy! I might make him some cupcakes, either Star Wars or Avengers themed, hmmm.

I only just saw Bridesmaids for the first time the other week, I was expecting it to be loads better than it was...
    Avengers!! Andy wants his cake to look like Captain America's shield this year, have no idea how I'm going to do that!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbandtr4eva)
    Avengers!! Andy wants his cake to look like Captain America's shield this year, have no idea how I'm going to do that!
    How cute are these?!:

Although, I love these Star Wars ones too (plus, I think they'd be simpler ):

That's an awesome cake idea! There's loads of examples on google
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    How cute are these?!:

Although, I love these Star Wars ones too (plus, I think they'd be simpler ):

That's an awesome cake idea! There's loads of examples on google
    The top ones are adorable!!
Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.