The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jellybean91
Nah i'm not trading her in I meant to say how much for the repairs :tongue: sorry ive only just realised how that actually reads! Thankfully i'm not the one footing the bill! But i'm still hoping they're not too serious (although it all sounds like gibberish to me)! I just want her to pass an mot for once :sigh: shes not passed one first time in the 3 years ive had her!

ooh good luck for the observationn :biggrin: I'm sure you'll do great!

Ah ok, well things that sound like they might cost the most - I guess your radiator will need replacing - mine cost me over £100, I think. I also had to have the brush replaced but I can't remember how much that was. And I also had to have a spring replaced too, I think that wasn't too bad. It'll be a reasonable bill I think. I couldn't say for sure but over £200 - £250, probably.
I think it depends on the car and model and age of it. Go and ask in the motoring forum. They're probably going to be able to give you a much better idea. :colondollar:
Good luck with the observation Stray!

JB - hope the car isn't too expensive. If you can't move in in Sept what are you going to do?!
Reply 7842
Original post by Sephrenia
I might just go make myself a bowl of icing...

Massive, massive hugs Kat :hugs:

:biggrin: I love fondant/regal icing on it's own too, yum.
I can't eat that stuff :frown: Give me butter cream tho, or the stuff you put on cookies and I'm there :biggrin:
Thanks Katie. I'm a bit worried though, I'm not feeling all stressed about the observation like I should be. All the other teachers have been running around like crazy, I can't help but think that I'm not doing it right :s-smilie:
Original post by Stray_talk
Thanks Katie. I'm a bit worried though, I'm not feeling all stressed about the observation like I should be. All the other teachers have been running around like crazy, I can't help but think that I'm not doing it right :s-smilie:

If that was me, personally I would be feeling like I was in denial :tongue: but maybe it's a confidence in your ability to teach? Sometimes nerves can be a hindrance, so as long as you have a decent lesson plan and activity, I wouldn't worry :smile: Some people deal with these things in different ways
Ah ok, well things that sound like they might cost the most - I guess your radiator will need replacing - mine cost me over £100, I think. I also had to have the brush replaced but I can't remember how much that was. And I also had to have a spring replaced too, I think that wasn't too bad. It'll be a reasonable bill I think. I couldn't say for sure but over £200 - £250, probably.
I think it depends on the car and model and age of it. Go and ask in the motoring forum. They're probably going to be able to give you a much better idea. :colondollar:

Yeh I did after I posted here :smile: they all said like £400-£500 ish :eek4: ah wow you know your stuff a lot better than me... I'm used to all the expensive **** going wrong with my car now :tongue: like the clutch... that was a pricey one... or the cambelt... :yucky: so now I have a completely unrealistic view of how much this stuffs going to cost :tongue:

Original post by *Interrobang*
Good luck with the observation Stray!

JB - hope the car isn't too expensive. If you can't move in in Sept what are you going to do?!

Thanks! :smile: erm well the guys got another house he wants us to move into instead but were pretty annoyed, so weve told him we want pics and a video of the house (which will be the funniest thing ever cos the guys pretty weird, and not really in a good way :tongue: )... we pretty much want to know every single detail of this new house!
Reply 7847
I can't eat that stuff :frown: Give me butter cream tho, or the stuff you put on cookies and I'm there :biggrin:

Butter cream is so good, I added cold coffee to it before and made coffee butter cream, will definitely be doing that again. :biggrin:
Reply 7848
I am by no means a car mechanic, but a lot of them don't seem too serious. Bar perhaps the front arm link. Things like tyres and handbrake tightening are pretty easily done. As for what it's worth, I'm not really sure. I traded in my old car and got £300 for it. It wasn't in bad condition either, so I wouldn't expect much for yours :unsure:

:frown: So sorry you're having to put up with this lovely, really hope it gets sorted soon :hugs:

Argh! Observation by the Head and deputy tomorrow. Getting anything less than "Good" is absolutely not an option :s-smilie: Please send good luck vibes my way!

Good luck!
JB - hope it's ok!

Lil-Lele - I don't like coffee so I wouldn't choose that one :tongue:
Reply 7850
Original post by Lil-Lele
Butter cream is so good, I added cold coffee to it before and made coffee butter cream, will definitely be doing that again. :biggrin:

That sounds amazinggg!

I have so much baking to do soon. Got cupcakes to make for the boy's birthday and then when I go visit my parents I'm going to take my mum some gluten free stuff because she's been struggling to eat gluten lately, but says most of the shop bought stuff tastes weird, so I'm thinking of making some bread, scones, and then I saw a recipe for a really tasty looking apple and walnut cake :smile:
If that was me, personally I would be feeling like I was in denial :tongue: but maybe it's a confidence in your ability to teach? Sometimes nerves can be a hindrance, so as long as you have a decent lesson plan and activity, I wouldn't worry :smile: Some people deal with these things in different ways

I hope so. Usually I do tend to stress about 5 minutes before whatever it is I'm going to be doing. I think I feel it's just a case of "I'm not worried enough so I must be getting it wrong somehow" type thing. Bah!
Just got back from the doctors - apparently I have "mechanical pain" and it's nothing to do with my kidneys which is a relief. I think she thinks I'm a bit of a hypochondriac though, oh well. Now sitting at home watching some TV and going to have a bath later. My back is still killing me but at least I know I'm not dying anytime soon :p: Thanks for all the hugs folks :smile:

Good luck with the observation Stray :biggrin:
Reply 7853
Original post by hbandtr4eva
Just got back from the doctors - apparently I have "mechanical pain" and it's nothing to do with my kidneys which is a relief. I think she thinks I'm a bit of a hypochondriac though, oh well. Now sitting at home watching some TV and going to have a bath later. My back is still killing me but at least I know I'm not dying anytime soon :p: Thanks for all the hugs folks :smile:

Good luck with the observation Stray :biggrin:

Glad to hear there's nothing wrong with your kidneys! Hopefully that means you'll be feeling better soon :smile:
I'm not an icing person either! Hate the basic white birthday cake icing :yucky: love cream cheese icing and buttercream and stuff like that though.

Had a pretty rubbish weekend, spent most of it trying not to be sick. Woke up this morning with the intention of going into school, but then things changed pretty rapidly, so I txt my teacher and got back into bed. Managed a slice of toast and just had some pizza, so fingers crossed I'll be back to normal now! Pleeeease. The bf was sick on Saturday and again this morning too :frown:

Hopefully your car won't cost too much Jelly!

Stray, sending lots of good luck your way! Hope it all goes well for you.

Glad the kidneys are ok HB!

I'd consider taking another day off if I could, but I'm already off on Friday for a wedding so I could only do that if it was reallyyy bad. Could do with just lazing about, but it's a family birthday so must be sociable!

Been a bit selfish and greedy (and a bit jealous of a friend!). We both have Blackberry Torches, but want iPhones and regret our choice of phones a bit. Both have about a year left on our contracts and she's decided to just cancel hers and start a new contract with another company. Phones4u give you cash towards it, plus selling the BB on Envirofone made another £80. It's all very tempting! I needed to buy a new iPod too, and that's about £170.

My uncle reckons the way the works out the best for money (as Vodafone want £360 to cancel my contract) is to buy the iPhone for £500 and then just put my Vodafone sim in it.

Just so bored of my BB and the rubbish apps and everything.
(edited 11 years ago)
:hugs: to everyone today...
Stray - don't worry about not worrying :tongue:

Kat - glad it's nothing serious :smile:

Hannah - hope you feel better
I really want to bake something now. Think I'll try something new from my Weight Watchers book for when the boy comes (which, incidentally, is only 5 sleeps away :lovedup:). Might make some rock cakes too, I like making those (although I think I'll have to get my mum to email me the recipe, don't think I wrote it down). I miss being at home and having a fully stocked baking cupboard :tongue:

Kat - Glad it's nothing (too) serious. A nice hot bath sounds like a good idea :smile:

Hannah - hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Stray - Good luck for tomorrow :hugs: I'm sure you'll be amazing.

EDIT: Also, this time tomorrow, I will have sat my last undergraduate exam, and finished my degree. The thought is both amazing and terrifying.
(edited 11 years ago)
Tomorrow I have to work at one of our London offices all day for my new project. Finding it quite hard to deal with the knowledge that I will be less than 20minutes walk from the boys office but won't actually see him as I'm going to a lecture after work :frown:
Original post by happydinosaur
Tomorrow I have to work at one of our London offices all day for my new project. Finding it quite hard to deal with the knowledge that I will be less than 20minutes walk from the boys office but won't actually see him as I'm going to a lecture after work :frown:

:hugs: Any way you guys could grab lunch/a coffee together or something?

Latest