The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

He's on the tube now, should get here by 1.

We didn't really have any plans. It's just slightly annoying, cause he left at 9 - if he'd got the train he would have been here by 11 at the latest. It's not even as if he's saved much/any money, cause he still has to get the train home, and singles are only slighty cheaper that returns.
Original post by Buecherwurm
Kat, I am sorry. Packing and moving can be incredibly emotional. I hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Flo, when did you expect him to come around? Hope he turns up soon. Do you have anything planned for today?

I will tidy my room a bit today and go shopping for tonights dinner. Decided to make one of the boys favourites. Has to go in the oven for quite a while so not the greatest thing for picking him up but I thought I would bake it before hand and it should keep warm for the hour I am gone/only need a little reheating.
So excited for him coming home

What are you cooking?

My parents are on thier way back from Italy so no more looking after the house :biggrin: I've been good though and have kept things running smoothly. Biggest problem has been they didn't cancel the milkman so a pint has been delivered everyday and I don't have milk with anything. So the fridge currently has 6 pints in and thats after I used up loads baking and making panckes. Some of it must be really manky and off by now! :s-smilie:
Ugh. I feel so annoyed.

We have another week to complete the Literacy unit we're on at school with the idea they write an explanation of there own as the assessment piece. The at least 2 days next week don't follow the timetable so it's unlikely they're be able to complete what they need to. I suggested running into the next week to the other Year 4 teacher but she pointed out that the next unit is the one that will be "more important" in terms of assessment.

I hate how we're supposed to be achieving so much with the children, yet there's just not enough time allowed for it.
Pissed off, really.
Original post by happydinosaur
What are you cooking?

My parents are on thier way back from Italy so no more looking after the house :biggrin: I've been good though and have kept things running smoothly. Biggest problem has been they didn't cancel the milkman so a pint has been delivered everyday and I don't have milk with anything. So the fridge currently has 6 pints in and thats after I used up loads baking and making panckes. Some of it must be really manky and off by now! :s-smilie:

I am making a potato bake sort of thing. I need a special spice mix from Germany and brought some over. Also brought some sausages he likes (I know how cliched? :wink:)

Did hey forget about the milk? Mine always goes off because I never use it. Maybe you can take a bath in it? :smile:

Sorry you are stressed, Stray
Andy left this afternoon, so we're officially LDR again :sad:

Really stressed about my uni house as well; the estate agency are unhappy with me moving in on Monday as there's no official agreement/contract yet because they haven't found people quick enough - so they want me to wait until they have the references back etc. from the other four people who are Chinese and it's going to take up to two weeks. My landlady has said that's not fair and I will be able to move in on Monday but I'm going to be alone until they get here... and even then they'll probably not speak to me. :sad: Have a feeling I may be moving back into halls at the first available opportunity...
Original post by *Interrobang*
I think I know who your bf is on here :tongue:

Ha ha it seems you do :smile:
He is rather lovely :colondollar:

Original post by Jellybean91
:woo: me tooooo :biggrin: 3 weeks today i'm soooo excited! :biggrin: bit worried about like missing my flight or printing my boarding pass without a printer :confused:

Haha nooo internet cafe just isnt quite as good! Nath and I are both in Halls right now, so our skype connection seems to be doubly bad :tongue: when do you get internet?

Yeh I know i'm completely panicing about every little thing but im really trying not to... just a learning curve at the moment!

I'm sure somewhere in Spain there will be a printer!

Get internet on wed! Just as well, as right now in internet cafe sitting next to a cuddly adorable couple, bloody making me jealous...
Reply 166
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Ha ha it seems you do :smile:
He is rather lovely :colondollar:

I'm sure somewhere in Spain there will be a printer!

Get internet on wed! Just as well, as right now in internet cafe sitting next to a cuddly adorable couple, bloody making me jealous...

:hugs::hugs: I currently have my housemate and his gf being all couply. I can't be mad at them though they were LDR in summer.... plus 5 sleeps :woo:

Although I am missing the boy like crazy.. 2 texts isn't enough :frown:
Original post by 22KT22
:hugs::hugs: I currently have my housemate and his gf being all couply. I can't be mad at them though they were LDR in summer.... plus 5 sleeps :woo:

Luckily only one of my flatmates is in a relationship, and she's the flatmate who locks herself in her room and is never seen. And my best friend at uni is in an LDR (Glasgow to Plymouth) so we're comforting each other :yep:

:woo: 5 sleeps isn't long at all!
Original post by 22KT22

Original post by 22KT22

I love counting down in sleeps :biggrin: :biggrin:
5 sleeps for me too :cute:
Reply 169
Luckily only one of my flatmates is in a relationship, and she's the flatmate who locks herself in her room and is never seen. And my best friend at uni is in an LDR (Glasgow to Plymouth) so we're comforting each other :yep:

:woo: 5 sleeps isn't long at all!

No it was going to be december but he's booked flights... will be december after though :frown:

Its always good to have friends who are in LDR, least you can have a good moan about it all that way... not to mention chocolate etc when other is upset.
Original post by 22KT22
No it was going to be december but he's booked flights... will be december after though :frown:

Its always good to have friends who are in LDR, least you can have a good moan about it all that way... not to mention chocolate etc when other is upset.

Hopefully I'm gonna see Penguin end of October as well...but that depends on essays, shall defs try and go down end of November around his birthday :smile: but will have to be quick cos of exams...uni makes things harder :frown:

Chocolate is always good! Plus we can get all our paranoia out with each other :yep: and we've both met each others' bfs so know they're great people!

Hopefully I'm gonna see Penguin end of October as well...but that depends on essays, shall defs try and go down end of November around his birthday :smile: but will have to be quick cos of exams...uni makes things harder :frown:

Chocolate is always good! Plus we can get all our paranoia out with each other :yep: and we've both met each others' bfs so know they're great people!

How far is your LDR?
Ben & Jerry's is currently setting me right. Had a bit of a sad moment earlier but icecream does wonders! And the thought that I get to see Ben on our anniversary and only two days after his birthday :smile:
Really want to text Andy but equally I know that a) he's seeing friends tonight he hasn't seen since May and b) it'll just upset me more :frown:
Original post by kiss_me_now9

Really want to text Andy but equally I know that a) he's seeing friends tonight he hasn't seen since May and b) it'll just upset me more :frown:

:hugs:
What about sending him a text that doesn't need a reply. I know that when I feel like down and Ben's out, sending a text like that makes me a feel a little better, and it's not too intrusive either.
Original post by Stray_talk
What about sending him a text that doesn't need a reply. I know that when I feel like down and Ben's out, sending a text like that makes me a feel a little better, and it's not too intrusive either.

I'm going to try and wait until it's a good night text, purely because I think if I got into a conversation with him it'd just be a mess of tears lol! :yy:

I'm going to try and wait until it's a good night text, purely because I think if I got into a conversation with him it'd just be a mess of tears lol! :yy:

Awww :hugs: I know how terrible that can feel :hugs:
When do you get to see him next?
Original post by Stray_talk
Awww :hugs: I know how terrible that can feel :hugs:
When do you get to see him next?

Quite honestly I don't know. We said we'd wait until he got a job but that will probably be months and I dunno if either of us will wait that long! Jokingly he said earlier that he'll be up this weekend but that's highly doubtable. Would be lovely if he did though as I'm alone in a 5 bed room house until next Monday at the earliest!
Quite honestly I don't know. We said we'd wait until he got a job but that will probably be months and I dunno if either of us will wait that long! Jokingly he said earlier that he'll be up this weekend but that's highly doubtable. Would be lovely if he did though as I'm alone in a 5 bed room house until next Monday at the earliest!

I know how you feel. Haven't seen the boy since my birthday at the begining of the month and have no idea when I will see him next. I'm so stressed and nervous about starting my new job in a couple of weeks, so I would love to see him before then but I know it won't happen and probably wont be for ages after that either :frown:
Original post by Jellybean91
I'm feeling a bit, erm, well, homeless tonight :frown: I hate sharing a room! My roommate cheated on her bf last night so shes been pretty miserable and constantly talking to him, so i feel like i cant be in my room! (didnt go to bed last night until 6am cos i didnt want to disturb her, so sat on skype to the boy instead after he got in from his night out) I feel like I need to give her space, so i went and stayed in dans room tonight and just chilled there, but i've been chucked out of there now cos he wanted to go to bed :frown: so now im sat on my balcony, feeling like i cant go in and go to bed... i just want to talk to the boy about it but hes off doing freshers stuff!

Just go to bed. I wouldn't worry too much about your room mate. Yeh she needs to talk to her boyfriend but its your room too.
I agree with dino, It;s not your problem, that she cheated. She shouldn't have cheated but that's my opinion and you should go back you your room.

Latest