The Student Room Group

Dentistry Reapplicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by y20
anyone firmed cardiff?

yup! :smile:
hello everyone!

just wondering if anyone knows which dental schools accept re applicants (ie. those who get the grades but don't get any offers). Preparing myself for the worst (waiting on lpool).

Also, most if not all dental schools don't accept resit candidates do they?

How did you guys find reapplying? were the interviews slightly easier considering you knew what to expect?

Reply 502
I got an offer from manchester yesterday (by email then track). i've imagined a million times how i would post on TSR if i ever got an offer but i was just so happy and speachless yesterday that i just didnt post.

i had 4 rejections last year and 3 this year.manchester was my last chance for dentistry (in the UK atleast) and i got it. GUYS NEVER LOSE HOPE! Even if you dont get it (i know ur probably thinking its easy for me to say) things will work out the best way for YOU.
Reply 503
Hi I am considering taking a GAP year not retaking the year anyone on this thread done this and received offers this year?
Reply 504
Original post by abc786
Hi I am considering taking a GAP year not retaking the year anyone on this thread done this and received offers this year?

i did :smile: loads of people got in this year by taking a gap year :smile:
Reply 505
Original post by abc786

taking a gap year is excellent (just make sure you get the grades) in the view of the interviewers since your seen as being more mature (even if ure not :P)

Just make sure you do stuff on your gap year then, that you can talk about in the interview e.g. getting a job, getting work experience (like a for a couple of months) and travelling. Just dont sit on ure ass doing nothing (until you get your offer, then do what the hell you want :smile: )

x

(btw i was on a gap year, im going to leeds next year )
Reply 506
Original post by kazma
i did :smile: loads of people got in this year by taking a gap year :smile:

Where are you going?
Original post by pb101
I got an offer from manchester yesterday (by email then track). i've imagined a million times how i would post on TSR if i ever got an offer but i was just so happy and speachless yesterday that i just didnt post.

i had 4 rejections last year and 3 this year.manchester was my last chance for dentistry (in the UK atleast) and i got it. GUYS NEVER LOSE HOPE! Even if you dont get it (i know ur probably thinking its easy for me to say) things will work out the best way for YOU.

What were your grades and dental experience like?
Reply 508
Original post by abc786
Where are you going?

liverpool!
Reply 509
Original post by polozolo123

8a* 2a, AAA, number of days :redface:
Original post by polozolo123

Wondered if you know by any chance they are still interviewing or not!
Reply 511
Original post by arvin_infinity
Wondered if you know by any chance they are still interviewing or not!

I don't think anywhere is interviewing any more for 2012 entry. There might be a few places that haven't replied post interview though.
Original post by Kartace
I don't think anywhere is interviewing any more for 2012 entry. There might be a few places that haven't replied post interview though.

Oh yeh? well that's good to know!

Never heard anything back from them! am going to give them a call on monday morning!
Original post by pb101
8a* 2a, AAA, number of days :redface:

Do you mind if I could ask why you got rejected by Manchester for Dentistry the first time round when you were a MAP student? The reason is because I am a MAP student wishing to apply for Dentistry and I am scared I will not get in.
Reply 514
Original post by o.k
taking a gap year is excellent (just make sure you get the grades) in the view of the interviewers since your seen as being more mature (even if ure not :P)

Just make sure you do stuff on your gap year then, that you can talk about in the interview e.g. getting a job, getting work experience (like a for a couple of months) and travelling. Just dont sit on ure ass doing nothing (until you get your offer, then do what the hell you want :smile: )

x

(btw i was on a gap year, im going to leeds next year )

so i'm also on a gap year, and i was actually quite curious, when people say 'travelling' does that mean being adventurous, or just taking a holiday? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest