The Student Room Group

Dentistry Reapplicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by undertaker1
mate just apply im sure there's others in your position who are probably thinking the same they shouldn't apply

yeah i think you should still go for it.. usually when unis impliment a new system they're not as harsh as they will be a few more years down the line so i think you should try too :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by hkn123
yeah i think you should still go for it.. usually when unis impliment a new system they're not as harsh as they will be a few more years down the line so i think you should try too :smile:

im gnna fone them tomorrow and ask them to explain the system straight :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by kazma
LOOL u sound like a stalker now, i am from slough grammar :smile:

i ddint go to their open day this year, didnt apply last year and got 675 in my ukcat

wbu? and how did u know/assume im from slough grammar?

lol yeah sorry :P i realised that when i posted haha!

ahh ok, i got 675 last year and had an interview with 3As prediction and A at AS.. tbh this new system shouldn't make much of a difference because grades are the same in tariff points or not if that makes sense? like AAA and AAA* would be seen in the same view if just looked at like that, or in numerical form.. ok i dont think im making sense :tongue: anyways, work experience etc is important too. i reckon you would get an interview in your situation, go for it!

im not applying there this year. was just a guessss
Reply 143
Original post by hkn123
lol yeah sorry :P i realised that when i posted haha!

ahh ok, i got 675 last year and had an interview with 3As prediction and A at AS.. tbh this new system shouldn't make much of a difference because grades are the same in tariff points or not if that makes sense? like AAA and AAA* would be seen in the same view if just looked at like that, or in numerical form.. ok i dont think im making sense :tongue: anyways, work experience etc is important too. i reckon you would get an interview in your situation, go for it!

im not applying there this year. was just a guessss

i was gnna say LOL, a very good guess tho lol

seriously! buh ur ukcat and grades were fine! did u get any other offers/interviews?

hmm i dunno depends on what they say tomorrow on the fone i think i might be liek ur system is bullsh*t if they say people with predicted A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A will rank higher than me hu ony got AAA/a :frown: damn there was me thinking yes! i did good in a-level, and it turns out barts really dnt give a Sh*t all they care about is how far up the list u are with a predicted number score =\
Reply 144
Original post by kazma
i was gnna say LOL, a very good guess tho lol

seriously! buh ur ukcat and grades were fine! did u get any other offers/interviews?

hmm i dunno depends on what they say tomorrow on the fone i think i might be liek ur system is bullsh*t if they say people with predicted A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A will rank higher than me hu ony got AAA/a :frown: damn there was me thinking yes! i did good in a-level, and it turns out barts really dnt give a Sh*t all they care about is how far up the list u are with a predicted number score =\

i got interviews at bham, king's and cardiff too. offer from cardiff, waiting list for king's but i didn't get 3As in the end.. i messed up my qmul and bham interviews big time
ahh i hope you can make some sense of it once you speak to them, such a stupid system if it is what they're planning on doing :/ ask them how much they look at the ukcat now too
Reply 145
Original post by hkn123
i got interviews at bham, king's and cardiff too. offer from cardiff, waiting list for king's but i didn't get 3As in the end.. i messed up my qmul and bham interviews big time
ahh i hope you can make some sense of it once you speak to them, such a stupid system if it is what they're planning on doing :/ ask them how much they look at the ukcat now too

ah man =\ your retaking then?

erm how were ur gcse's? and how did ukcat go for u this year? last year i got 615 and had like aab predictio so i know clearly why i didnt get in :frown:

anyway where u applying this year?
Reply 146
Original post by hkn123
yeah i'm taking a few which will hopefully bring it all up to 3As

i got 9A*s and 2As, got 687.5 this year

cardiff, king's and maybe manchester for dentistry.. i'm a bit undecided on my last choices.. wbu?

ohh, u smashed ur gcses and ur ukcat this year is really good :smile:

erm i was gnna apply to barts, kings manch and liverpool, buh might change barts now =\ i need to understand their system properly first, no point in applying and then getting rejected straight like last year :frown:
Reply 147
Original post by kazma
ohh, u smashed ur gcses and ur ukcat this year is really good :smile:

erm i was gnna apply to barts, kings manch and liverpool, buh might change barts now =\ i need to understand their system properly first, no point in applying and then getting rejected straight like last year :frown:

ah that sounds like a good selection of unis, are you applying anywhere for a back-up course?
Reply 148
Original post by hkn123

ah that sounds like a good selection of unis, are you applying anywhere for a back-up course?

erm might do pharmacy at kings but tbh if i dnt get in this year ima go abroad to do dentistry, so im still decideing on back up.

yourself?
Reply 149
Original post by kazma
erm might do pharmacy at kings but tbh if i dnt get in this year ima go abroad to do dentistry, so im still decideing on back up.

yourself?

biomed at kings i think :smile:
Reply 150
Original post by hkn123
biomed at kings i think :smile:

ooh, i applied for biomed last year,

i wish we had all 5 choices for dentistry :frown:
Original post by kazma

Did you get an offer?
Reply 152
Original post by Patchey1000
Did you get an offer?

nahh i was predicted aab, wbu? how did u do in a levels?
Reply 153
Original post by kazma

ahh at king's or other places too?

yeah that would be good lol, but then again with only 13 unis to choose from competition would be ever tougher if it was like that :tongue:
Reply 154
Original post by hkn123
ahh at king's or other places too?

yeah that would be good lol, but then again with only 13 unis to choose from competition would be ever tougher if it was like that :tongue:

at kings, the rest was dentistry.

yer ano buh then again ur more likely to get interview if it was all five?
Reply 155
Original post by kazma
at kings, the rest was dentistry.

yer ano buh then again ur more likely to get interview if it was all five?

ahh good point :tongue: i guess sooo
Reply 156
Original post by hkn123
ahh good point :tongue: i guess sooo

lol,

ahh next week is the deadline!
Reply 157
Original post by kazma
lol,

ahh next week is the deadline!

ahhhh :s
Reply 158
is anyone thinking of putting pharmacy as their back up this year? im not sure which uni to apply to for pharmacy because i rang up aston and they said they wudnt consider you at all because priority shud be to those applying for pharmacy but then someone i know last year applied to notts for pharmacy as their back up and was asked to send a separate personal stat and got an offer :s
Reply 159
Original post by jaina1
is anyone thinking of putting pharmacy as their back up this year? im not sure which uni to apply to for pharmacy because i rang up aston and they said they wudnt consider you at all because priority shud be to those applying for pharmacy but then someone i know last year applied to notts for pharmacy as their back up and was asked to send a separate personal stat and got an offer :s

someone i know applied to london school of pharmacy last year as a back up for dentistry and he got in, i think it should be okay

Quick Reply

Latest