The Student Room Group

Most underrated and overrated actors/actresses

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Underrated: Zach Braff, Tom Felton, Alan Rickman, Heath Ledger - has done some incredible films that nobody has ever seen.

Overrated: Kristen Stewart, Megan Fox, Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Mr. Overstood
Overrated - Mark Wahlberg
Underrated - Geoffrey Rush: He had the best performance in "the king's speech", too bad he didn't win an oscar for it.

I hate Wahlberg, I can't stand watching him, yet everyone loves him. And Rush: YES! Such a good actor, Captain Barbossa and he was in 'Elizabeth' and 'Finding Nemo.' :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by KJane
Underrated: Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman.

I came on here to say exactly that :')

Far too many of my friends don't know who Alan Rickman is either, I always just end up sighing and saying 'Snape.'
Reply 43
Underrated: Michael Fassbender, Hugo Weaving, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Laura Linney
Overrated: Sarah Jessica Parker, Hugh Grant, Tom Cruise, Megan Fox
under-rated = sean bean
Original post by loveitxsl
Underrated: Zach Braff, Tom Felton, Alan Rickman, Heath Ledger - has done some incredible films that nobody has ever seen.

Overrated: Kristen Stewart, Megan Fox, Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz

how is Heath Ledger underrated?
Reply 46
Original post by kopite493
under-rated = sean bean

I thought you had written over-rated

my face was :lolwut: and I was going to rant :wink:
Overrated: Nicholas Cage, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Megan Fox (I'm sure they're all lovely people but their acting isn't brilliant), Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson

Underrated: Alan Rickman, Hugo Weaving
(edited 12 years ago)
Michael Cera - Same character in every film.

Overrated as f***
Original post by Reptilia
Overrated - Jason Statham

He just brings out the same **** over and over

My mum absolutely loves him but all he does is kick people in the head and drive fast cars, I wouldn't call it acting lol.
Original post by KJane
Underrated: Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman, such diverse actors who have played so many diffferent roles, especially Oldman who many people don't acknowledge, I say Gary Oldman and my friends are like: "Who?" and only recognise him by face when I saw who he has played.

Overrated: Tom Cruise, he's done good films in the past, but now it seems he just churns out pointless hollywood action films, Knight and Day was terrible.

Definitely agree with you on Gary Oldman, can't wait for his performance in 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy'. Loads of people don't recognise the name because he generally tries to shy away from public life.
underrated - Ryan O'neal

really moving :adore:
(edited 12 years ago)
Two most overrated actresses IMO are Megan Fox and Kristen Stewart.
Megan is beautiful but not that great an actress, Kristen pulls THE most annoying faces in Twilight and constantly sighs/huffs and puffs. Annoying ****.
Emily Watson is very underrated. Watch Breaking the Waves people! She was a force of nature in that film.

Annette Bening is also underrated I feel.

I really like Hilary S**** but I think she's a bit overrated. She definitely deserved her first Oscar for Boys Don't Cry but she didn't deserve it for Million Dollar Baby. Kate Winslet should have won for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind!

lol it won't let me put Hilary's last name because it thinks I'm saying ****! :tongue:
Reply 54
Original post by georgegabriel
how is Heath Ledger underrated?

In the way I said. In the way that a lot of people only know him from 'The Dark Knight' and people haven't seen some of his best films, like 'Lords of Dogtown'.
Reply 55
Underated: Will Smith.
Reply 56
Original post by demesto
Underated: Will Smith.

Isn't he one of the biggest earners in hollywood? Is that really under-rated?
Reply 57
Original post by RainbowDoll
Two most overrated actresses IMO are Megan Fox and Kristen Stewart.
Megan is beautiful but not that great an actress, Kristen pulls THE most annoying faces in Twilight and constantly sighs/huffs and puffs. Annoying ****.

Get the **** out of here.
Godie Hawn is amazing! But today's generation don't appreciate her that much :'(
I think Jospeh Gordon-Levitt is really talented and doesn't get enough praise.

Nicolas Cage is a joke :|

Zooey Deschanel is a bit over-rated as an actress IMO but she seems lovely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending