The Student Room Group

GIRLS, what do you eat daily?

Scroll to see replies

Breakfast : Nothing, I know it's bad but I never fancy anything.

Lunch: Ham salad sandwich or wrap, Quavers.

Dinner: Usually it's pasta with Quorn sausages or Quorn mince, or a baked potato with tuna.

Snacks: Fruit, those Frube things, pink'n'whites.

And I'll usually have a bowl of Cheerios in the evening.
Reply 121
Today...

Brekkie: That allbran clusters cereal with a cup of tea (don't have sugar)

Lunch: 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and a satusuma

Tea: Pasta with a tinned toms, onion/garlic made from scratch (yeah my breath is a beaut, tic tac anyone?)

I'm about 5 ft 4 and I'm not gonna lie, I'm overweight, but the weight is coming off now!

Funny thing is I find I actually gain weight if I don't eat much during the day, but when I'm eating 3 meals with healthy snacks in between it comes off no problem.
Hmmm i'm 5 ft 2 and 7 stone

Usually for breakfast I eat 30g cereal with skimmed milk. I only know it's 30g cos of the bowl I use...I don't weigh out my meals...and a cuppa tea (:

Lunch usually a sandwich, fruit, chocolate and water

Dinner something with a meat portion/fish, carb e.g. potatoes/rice/pasta and veg.

Drink 8 cups of water a day, usually have at least 5 pieces of fruit/veg. :'D

Because I work during the day I don't snack a lot so it looks like I don't eat. But I would like to x)
Reply 123
breakfast skip
lunch- if i have anything (most days dont't) packet of crisps and/or cookie
tea-average size meal

drink- energy drink, milkshake, tea, coffee
Breakfast-usually a small bowl of Coco Pops, Special K or one of the Quaker Oats porridge things, usually in golden syrup flavour or plain.

Lunch- Boots meal deal, usually have a ham/tuna sandwich or the little sushi packs they do, a Rice Krispies bar or a packet of Shapers popcorn, and a Diet Coke/Vitamin Water. Sometimes fruit when I remember to bring it from home.

Snacks- whatever my friends have for lunch, we all usually dip into what the others have brought! This is usually a couple of crisps or some spare fruit or whatever.

Dinner- whatever mum gives me! Usually a stir fry, pasta, that kind of thing. Then a full roast on a Sunday if I'm lucky!

Sometimes more, sometimes less. Really depends on the day, and how much money I've got when I buy lunch, sometimes I'll get a Costa or something on the way home if I've just been paid. I'm 5'10, about 10.5 stone? I'm a size 8 on the top, 10/12 on the bottom.
Reply 125
I'm 5ft 2'' (15yrs old) I weigh 7 stone... :L
Breakfast:
A glass of milk with a snack bar
Lunch:
A chicken wrap
Dinner:
Microwave meal :/
Snacks:
A pack of Noodles
Reply 126
I'm 4'11 and 54kg
For breakfast I have cereal (crunchy nuts)
For lunch I usually buy a sandwhich with a packet of crisps or occasionally I get a meal from McDonald's or KFC.
For dinner I tend to have jacket potato, pasta, rice .. whatever my makes really :tongue:
Reply 127
Original post by Vikki1805
Breakfast - Nothing.

Lunch - A glass of orange squash.

Dinner - Changes daily. Either, Fish, Pasta, Mash, Pork, Baguette... and a glass of orange squash.

Supper - Occasionally crackers, or biscuits, or some fruit.

Surely it's unhealthy to only have 2 portions of food a day, a light healthy breakfast would definetly help your metabolism.:smile:
Reply 128
Cereal with semi-skimmed milk, and coffee for breakfast

Usually a 1-egg omelette with half a tin of beans on 2 slices of toast with margarine for lunch

Whatever gets made for tea

Usually something before I go to bed

I'm 5'7 and 9 1/2 stone.
Original post by eng1
Surely it's unhealthy to only have 2 portions of food a day, a light healthy breakfast would definetly help your metabolism.:smile:

I've got into a habit of only eating one or two meals a day! It's not healthy, no.
If I had the time/want to fit in 3 meals I would! I just don't get hungry enough to eat 3 meals and don't have the time to either!
Original post by -emilybrown
Your BMI is 16.1. That is alarmingly underweight...

Yes :frown:. I've never been heavier though. Seems to be common in Japan and I'm Japanese so might have something to do with it.
Breakfast: Oatibix/oat porridge and honey or jam/some sort of muesli and a banana.

Lunch: Varies a lot. Lately it's usually been sandwich, a yoghurt and at least two portions of fruit. Sometimes I make up some pasta, fried rice or quinoa the night before. If I'm feeling adventurous I make up a bento box with meat, veg and rice.

Dinner: again, varies a lot. Basically rice, pasta, potatoes/chips or lentils/other seeds and grains for carbs plus meat/fish and veg. I typically get takeaways/eat out for dinner once or twice a month.

I drink a fair bit of tea and water, occasionally squash and few soft drinks (usually only as mixers). I do snack a lot on fruit, veg sticks, crisps, snack a jacks, biscuits and chocolate.

Height: 5'8. Weight ~9st.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 132
Today,

Breakfast/Lunch: Poached egg and tomato toastie on wholemeal bread and coffee

Jammie wagon wheel and tea

Dinner: hoisin duck noodle stirfry

coffee

i have been off for the past few months and sleeping in until 1 or so.

during term time, add in another meal.

im 5ft 4 and 8 1/2st
It really doesn't matter. It seems there is an obsession with being slim and stuff, but seriously - as long as you're healthy and you haven't got high blood pressure, high cholestrol whatever, you're fine.

I eat whatever I want really :smile:
For example, breakfast - CHOCOLATE wheetabix
Lunch - varies really - can be literally anything
Dinner - stir fry, fish and chips, pasta, curry

Snacks - Fruit, Crisps, Chocolate

Seriously, I eat anything. Except meat. I'm a veggie... :rolleyes:

Right so anyway, if ANYONE is looking at this forum and thinking oh God I need to lose weight (when really, your BMI is average) then seriously, don't waste your life on such an unimportant thing. Don't be lifes looser by be self consious because of idiots who pressurise you.

Rant over :smile:

By the way... I'm roughly 8 and a 1/2 stone! And 5'4. I hardly weigh myself because I know my diet isn't complete rubbish and I'm healthy. So who cares?
Reply 134
Breakfast is usually cereal/bacon sandwich/sausages with lots of coffee
Lunch is some form of meat or tuna with potatoes
Dinner is the same but a different meat and usually chips (I have to have potatoes with every meal or I don't enjoy it!)
Snack.. oh my! Err 3 x packet of crisps (usually), at least 2 chocolate bars and usually some cake and maybe biscuits.
I usually have at least 1 mcdonalds/nandos/trip to the chippy per week too

I'm 5'8/5'9 and only 8st.. No idea why I'm so underweight!
I have a really poor diet, especially around exam time so I'm just regaining a better diet now lol! Today I had a piece of toast with butter and jam, with a glass of warm milk. I then had a latte around 10:20 and another latte for lunch at 1:40. I came home from college at around 4:35 and had some lamb stew and wholemeal pitta bread with 2 glasses of water. I haven't had anything since and I am not hungry atm. I'm 5ft 2" and 7st 7!
Reply 136
Haha I never realised how interesting a thread like this could be :colondollar:

...Today I had mini cheddars for breakfast because I was running late, the mini cheddars were my lunch so I didn't have anything at lunchtime and then I had a digestive when I got home. I just ate a jacket potato with beans and cheese for dinner and I'm probably going to eat some peanuts soon (I loooovvve peanuts :colone:)

I'm just over 5ft 6 and weigh 8 stone 2 :cool:
Borkst - small bowl o'cereal with milk, juice, fruit tea if I find the motivation 'fore work
Morning snack - cereal bar
Lunch - a wrap with chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheese and so on. Sometimes chocolate or a fruit.
Drinkin' water all the day
Hometime - a fruit, a cookie or something (at this moment I am famisched no matter how much lunch I ate) and fruit tea
Teatime - pick a recipe, dis meal could be anything

Outside that I probably eat at Subway or KFC once a week and at a nice restaurant two or three times a month.

166cm, 65kg
Original post by Anonymous
Hey sorry I am interested as to what you eat *generally* on a day to day basis, how often you'd eat out at resturants and stuff :smile:

Could you also add like weight/height obviously if you want to!

I am just curious how other people eat compared to me!

Thank you :smile:

Breakfast - Big bowl of cheerios with milk and sometimes on weekends I'll have two chocolate croissants and a glass of milk.

Lunch (lunch break at school) - Usually have apple and/or orange melon. Then something like 2 strawberry/pink icing doughnuts from M&S or a packet of 6 pancakes. Then I'll get Orange juice or water to drink (occasionally a frappaccino).

Lunch (when I get home) - Bowl of Pasta cooked in flora or chicken breast in pitta bread.

Dinner - I'm a meat, one veg and pasta/rice person. I seldom eat potatoes (unless it's a roast). I grew up in asia/middle east so eating lots of pasta/rice was like the norm. Favourite meals are Spag Bog and beef or chicken casserole.

Desert/night snack - If I have it I'll have ice cream, banoffee pie or chocolate biscuit fridge cake.

I usually snack a bit during the day too (especially on weekends). Usually things like party rings and bourbons.

I eat a lot of carbohydrates I guess. I'm a fussy eater and allergic to nuts so my diet is kinda weird. Oh and last time I checked I was 53Kg (I'm 5'6"/7").

Oh and I hardly eat out really for dinner (sometimes get pizza every 2/3 weeks). Only special occasions or maybe if it's a half day at school my friends and I will go out to lunch together.
(edited 12 years ago)
5"7, 62 kg

Breakfast- Cereal or 2 peices of toast with jam/butter
Lunch- Pasta or Rice usually..sometimes a sandwhich with cucumber and also a fruit
Snack- another fruit or cookie
Last meal- Cereal again or fried egg or anything available really

I used to eat a lot of junk food whenever I went out at KFC or such places..now not so much..it was a twice a week thing at one point.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest