The Student Room Group

Completely stuck with student finance!

Hi!

Basically, I'm facing a real stress at the moment. For weeks, I've been on at student finance, who to be frank,have given me little correspondence and are doing little. I first rang four weeks ago, where they told me they had all my financial evidence, but they needed evidence of my parents ongoing divorce. I sent the evidence, and then a week later, received a financial form for my dad to fill in asking for further 'information'. I rang them again, and they told me it was just a final assessment for the tax year, and it would be sorted within a week.

I've continually been checking the status of my application, which has been for the last two days 'Processing with your LA' (LA - Local Authority). I rang them again to confirm this, and to see when they would have an estimate when they would finish processing. In this call, they spend an hour on the phone, telling me I haven't submitted evidence, and then eventually finding it, and saying it will take another three weeks to process.

The problem is, I'm supposed to be moving out on Saturday, and my Landlord seems to be insisting that I cannot move in unless I have my declaration form (which I obviously don't have yet). My university courses start in a week and a half, and I literally have no money to get there. I have none of my overdraft left, and no way to increase it.

I'm really worried about what I should do! Student finance have been a complete let down, and even though they know my situation, they don't seem to be hurrying at all.

Any advice on what I should do, financially?
Reply 1
same as me lol beg borrow and steal ... except for the steal part lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending