The Student Room Group

what the hell kind of bug is this i keep finding in my house?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My mum once said we used to get massive beetles (not sure if the same to these) that used to be in the garden all the time, turns out it was a certain flower attracting them and they'd built their nest there.

Could be why. Doesn't help that the garden door is left open, tell your mum to shut it?
Original post by Billy Bryant
it's an endangoured species of beetle, there could be an imprisonment for you.

Predicted: A*AA Achieved: BCC (yea, don't ask lmao)

that made me lol! :ahee:
Original post by alwaysme
I keep getting them at my house too, their some kind of fly. My case was a little worse however, our carpet in the hallway wasn't laid properly so stuff can easily get under it and my brother is always spilling coffee (with 10 sugars) on the carpet. So when I got up one morning the the entire floor was teeming with them, thousands crawling out of the corners in the carpet.

Probably the most fun hoovering I've ever had tbf.

your brother has 10 sugars in his coffee?.. :eek::eek:
Original post by Pixiefairy
Predicted: A*AA Achieved: BCC (yea, don't ask lmao)

that made me lol! :ahee:

haha I still cry about it :P ah well fun story for the future. Oxford interview...BCC grades.
Original post by Billy Bryant
haha I still cry about it :P ah well fun story for the future. Oxford interview...BCC grades.

oh dear... atleast you still have your amazing sense of humour. I also agree that clearing was the worst experience ever!
Reply 45
Aaah i found this bug in my house the other day, thanks for identifying it for me.
eww grosssss.
Original post by Cicerao
No, I don't think it's an ant.

There always has to be one person :ninja:
Reply 48
its a camel spider there ****ing nasty things
Reply 49
I keep getting them at my house too, their some kind of fly. My case was a little worse however, our carpet in the hallway wasn't laid properly so stuff can easily get under it and my brother is always spilling coffee (with 10 sugars) on the carpet. So when I got up one morning the the entire floor was teeming with them, thousands crawling out of the corners in the carpet.

winged ants? flies aren't going to hang around to be vacuumed.
Original post by Pixiefairy
oh dear... atleast you still have your amazing sense of humour. I also agree that clearing was the worst experience ever!

lol I shall never lose my sense of humour :smile:, life moves on. I am in uni which just a few years ago I couldn't have imagined so there are always positives lol. You went through clearing? how was your experience? you should message me the reply so we don't have a convo in the middle of a thread haha.

:/ I would actually freak even if I had a hoover at hand.
Original post by jus2sik
well i dont mean it but i am really pisd at her at the moment because she falls asleep on the sofa garden door wide open tv on really loud, people can just walk in and rob, this is the 23rd time ( yes keep track ) she has done this, i go to sleep early because i have to work as a cleaner b4 uni to pay the damn bills and i have to set an alarm for 10 pm, 1 am and 4 am when i check to see she hasnt opened the bloody door again, so screw you for judging me, i hope you dont have to do something similar for your fat slag of a mother

No - I just to have care for her when she takes seizures - twenty four in the last week. I have to bath her, undress her, help her take medication and provide medical care/first aid. Be bloody thankful you live in the situation you do. I would swap any day.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by daisydaffodil
No - I just to have care for her when she takes seizures - twenty four in the last week. I have to bath her, undress her, help her take medication and provide medical care/first aid. Be bloody thankful you live in the situation you do. I would swap any day.

oo sorry my bad
Reply 54
KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Seriously, though, it just looks like a pretty common beetle you see outside a lot. It's probably just getting in through crack or whatever because that's just what insects seem to do.
It's a devils coach horse. It's a beetle that's often mistaken for an earwig. If it feels endangered it brings up the bottom end into a Scorpion like position and if it still feels threatened it will release a foul smelling fluid from its abdomen. Also beware the bite is very painful! It's normally found in the garden. But I've also literally just found one in my house too so looked it up and found out all of the above.
Reply 56
I’ve got one under a glass in my house rn I’m terrified I can’t go back to sleep thanks for all the above information but it doesn’t help I’m so scared I’m in tears 😭
opened the pic and felt a chill go down my spine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending