The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2014

Scroll to see replies

A&O PFO :frown:
Sullivan & Cromwell put on hold (again). 600 applications for 4 places - I genuinely feel sorry for their graduate recruitment team...
Original post by Mulberries
Sullivan & Cromwell put on hold (again). 600 applications for 4 places - I genuinely feel sorry for their graduate recruitment team...

what do you mean put on hold? I havent heard back from them yet.
Reply 1443
Just completed the Dickinson Dees online tests, not confident at all, oh well, at least we'll get feedback! Would have been so much easier had SHL told us what we got wrong though! But I got all the short practice quetions right
Has anyone considered a paralegal route to getting a TC? If my apps dont go too well I may have a think about it. But need more info.

How possible is it to paralegal at a firm such as Eversheads and gain a TC? I mean, is it a gurantee that theyll offer you one? And how many years would you be expected to work as a paralegal?

Any help is welcome!
Original post by DavidHiggs
Has anyone considered a paralegal route to getting a TC? If my apps dont go too well I may have a think about it. But need more info.

How possible is it to paralegal at a firm such as Eversheads and gain a TC? I mean, is it a gurantee that theyll offer you one? And how many years would you be expected to work as a paralegal?

Any help is welcome!

Here.
Reply 1446
Original post by Med2Ky
Is this the second 'on hold' email you have received from Sull&Crom? When did you apply?

I applied 29th July - had acknowledgement email afterwards, now an on hold email.

Also, just received an invitation to complete tests for RPC for anyone interested. (Applied 28th July)
Original post by Rosey2
Also, just received an invitation to complete tests for RPC for anyone interested. (Applied 28th July)

Ooh, hopefully they're moving through them then. Awaiting my inevitable PFO bearing in mind I applied in November :rolleyes:
Someone really needs to keep an updated list of firms that have handed out PFO/interviews.

Just not me like.
Has anyone heard from Osborne Clarke (London), Lewis Silkin or Wiggin?
Original post by Benjames500
Has anyone heard from Osborne Clarke (London), Lewis Silkin or Wiggin?

I've not heard anything from Lewis Silkin or Wiggin yet... (haven't applied to OC though)
Just had an invite to complete the Baker & McKenzie online verbal reasoning test...seems to be the standard SHL one
Reply 1452
Original post by I so academic
I've done the same test so many times I don't even read the questions anymore, I just put the answers from memory.

Me too. Watson Glaser's a bitch tho.
Reply 1453
PFO from FFW. That was No. 2 on my list.
Reply 1454
I've done the same test so many times I don't even read the questions anymore, I just put the answers from memory.

Could you PM the answers :P

Haha true, literally know them all off by heart now!

Has anyone done the Bakers phone interview before? Doesn't seem to be much information about it anywhere
Reply 1456
Hey thought id update on who i've heard from. So far pfos from cms, a&o, sullivan and dla leeds. No news on pinsents or irwin (guessing pfos if people have already started hearing)

Has anyone heard from macfarlanes, edward wildmans or binghams?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
So no one has heard from CC today?
Reply 1458
Original post by Mulberries

I just got a final PFO from Sull&Crom (after being 'on hold' for about a month). So it looks positive for you is you received a second 'on hold' email whilst they are PFO-ing. GOOD LUCK!
Reply 1459
PFO from DLA Piper London (applied July 20th)

Quick Reply