The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Original post by Med2Ky
I am at 4/10 I think (2 post-interview). Which firms have you heard from/waiting for still?

I've heard from:

Freshfields (had my interview, waiting for the result)
Sluaghters (will have my interview next month)

Waiting to hear from:

Linklaters (applied 16th July)
Allen & Overy (applied 25th July)

What about you?
Reply 1461
Original post by jacob7191
A&O PFO :frown:

Original post by suffocation1992
Allen & Overy PFO at 9AM lol.

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply?

I applied on 25 July and fear a PFO. :frown:
Original post by Clip
PFO from FFW. That was No. 2 on my list.

:ditto:

I passed both tests though, I'm told. How about you?
Reply 1463
Original post by xobile
I've heard from:

Waiting to hear from:

What about you?

Freshfields (applied June, Interview mid July- unsucessful).
Slaughter and May (applied June, Interview late July- unsuccessful).

Waiting to hear:

CC (applied mid July).
Linklaters (applied early July).
Travers Smith (Applied mid July).
Ashurst (applied mid July).

PFO's:

A&O (applied and PFO's mid June).
DLA Piper (applied late July; PFO today).
Sull & Crom (applied early June; put on hold; PFO'd today).
Reply 1464
Original post by tt400
Hey thought id update on who i've heard from. So far pfos from cms, a&o, sullivan and dla leeds. No news on pinsents or irwin (guessing pfos if people have already started hearing)

Has anyone heard from macfarlanes, edward wildmans or binghams?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I received a PFO from Macfarlanes and that was early last week! Hope that helps
Reply 1465
Original post by Tortious

I assume it was the same email. What an achievement blah blah, didn't score highly enough on the qualitative questions.
Reply 1466
Original post by Med2Ky
Freshfields (applied June, Interview mid July- unsucessful).
Slaughter and May (applied June, Interview late July- unsuccessful).

Waiting to hear:

CC (applied mid July).
Linklaters (applied early July).
Travers Smith (Applied mid July).
Ashurst (applied mid July).

PFO's:

A&O (applied and PFO's mid June).
DLA Piper (applied late July; PFO today).
Sull & Crom (applied early June; put on hold; PFO'd today).

I'm guessing you're not a penultimate year law student, since you've already received post-interview outcomes.

(I'm also guessing the 'no outcomes before 1 September for penultimate years' rule only applies for post-interview outcomes, and if they want to PFO you, they can do so before 1 September? Right? :eek:)

Best of luck for your remaining apps!
Original post by xobile
I've heard from:

Waiting to hear from:

What about you?

When did you apply/have your Freshfields interview if you don't mind me asking? I applied on the 2nd of July and have heard nothing yet. Don't know how to look at this, considering people who have applied after me have heard in the form of both interviews and PFO's!

On another note, PFO from Hogan Lovells :frown:
Reply 1468
Original post by rainbowsolero
When did you apply/have your Freshfields interview if you don't mind me asking? I applied on the 2nd of July and have heard nothing yet. Don't know how to look at this, considering people who have applied after me have heard in the form of both interviews and PFO's!

I applied to Freshfields around the 7th of July and received a swift PFO the following week. No news is good news I guess for you! If you don't mind me asking, were you asked to sit a Watson Glaser test for Hogan LOvells?
Reply 1469

I applied to Freshfields in late June; invited to interview 4 days later; and interviewed on July 12th). Not sure if you can read anything into this.
Original post by Clip
I assume it was the same email. What an achievement blah blah, didn't score highly enough on the qualitative questions.

Mmm, sounds like it. I'd be interested to know what let me down - most of the questions were pretty "generic" (especially when you compare them to the likes of Lewis Silkin's!). I suspect I didn't show enough knowledge of the firm; I think I spent too many words on why I wanted to be a "solicitor at FFW" rather than a "solicitor at FFW", if you see what I mean. :dontknow:
Reply 1471

I applied on the 3rd of July, just a day after you. I got my interview invite on 12th July.

Don't read too much into this. My guess is that they're reviewing your app.

As for Hogan Lovells, they rejected me for vac scheme a day after my online test. It's okay, we'll find better places. :tongue:

If you don't mind me asking when did you complete your tests?
Original post by Moghul
I applied to Freshfields around the 7th of July and received a swift PFO the following week. No news is good news I guess for you! If you don't mind me asking, were you asked to sit a Watson Glaser test for Hogan LOvells?

No, wasn't even invited to do the Watson Glaser test...oh well, I suppose you win some, you lose some (except I seem to be losing all the time at the moment!)
PFO CC. Bah.
Original post by barbie477
If you don't mind me asking when did you complete your tests?

Last week of July, I think. Did you apply to them? :smile:

(I've passed everyone's psychometric tests so far - including the fiendish Simmons ones - but still got rejected from GLS on the basis of their SJT! :lol:)
Original post by elmopsk
Hey, has anyone heard from - Farrer & Co, Withers, Bircham Dyson Bell or Davenport Lyons? I haven't heard a thing and I'm getting very nervous!

I was PFO'd from Withers really early and I interviewed at DL first and final rounds before getting turned down last week, :frown:

I've heard nothing from Farrer and I didn't apply to Bircham Dyson Bell so can't help on that front sorry!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1477
PFOs from DLA London and FFW.

Anyone heard anything positive or otherwise from Taylor Wessing?
Reply 1478
Mmm, sounds like it. I'd be interested to know what let me down - most of the questions were pretty "generic" (especially when you compare them to the likes of Lewis Silkin's!).

I have a feeling that for me, using Keeping Up With the Kardashians as my "commercial issue of interest" didn't hit the right notes.
Original post by I so academic
If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply/submit the test?

30th of July. They confirmed I passed it in my rejection letter; small victories! :P

Quick Reply

Latest