The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by colef001
It's no problem! Yeah, they ask you where you'll be living during term-time, so if she said you're classed as independent and you'll be living in student accommodation, you should get all the bursary that you're entitled to! I would give them a ring just to confirm but I hope it all goes well!

I rang, they confirmed, I am happy - all is well!:smile:
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Has anyone else applied for accommodation at St Georges? Im kinda regretting my decision now aha I should have looked closer at the prices :tongue:
Reply 222
Original post by CharleyBurton
Has anyone else applied for accommodation at St Georges? Im kinda regretting my decision now aha I should have looked closer at the prices :tongue:

I didn't, purely because of the price. It looks great though and you know it will be clean and hopefully without many problems as it's a new build. Will you be able to afford it with your loan and stuff? If you can I'd go for it. Did you put it for all your choices? Because remember you might not get your first preference.

I did, Well I put it for my first choice as I need to be in the centre near transport links for my placements. What were your other choices?
Reply 224

I did for my first choice, i liked the sound of the stuff they are planning to have there, the price may be an issue but hopefully i'll be able to manage.
I'm starting Midwifery in the Medway campus in September :biggrin: anyone else starting then? I've applied for accommodation too, was pretty simple for me considering I was only given the option of headleased houses :L cant wait to start! :biggrin: xx
Has anyone started buying stuff yet? :smile: :smile:

I have! I know it's pricey but it's so nice. But as other people have said, we may not even get it as our first choice. :smile: what course are you doing?
Reply 228
Hi i am trying to choose between studying in isolation with the Open University under the old fee scheme structure (so will cost me £4700 for the degree),

or studying with Canterbury Christ Church under the new increased University fees (so will cost me a hell of a lot more, but i will get the full University experience). I have to choose within the next few days.

What does everyone think, are the new fees worth it/the Brick University experience worth it?

I need peoples opinions! Thank in advance guys.
Original post by colef001
I didn't, purely because of the price. It looks great though and you know it will be clean and hopefully without many problems as it's a new build. Will you be able to afford it with your loan and stuff? If you can I'd go for it. Did you put it for all your choices? Because remember you might not get your first preference.

Thats the funny thing, I worked it out yesterday, I get £134 a week to live on a nd pay my accommodation with but my accommodation is £138 :l So i will be £4 in debt every week and thats without buying food and transport etc aha. Luckily I am working this year to save up. My other choices were Parham road. fingers crossed I get my first choice. Ive got an unconditional and I've declined all my other offers so Im hoping they will bump my application to the top of the list :wink:
Original post by tinkerbell2387
I did, Well I put it for my first choice as I need to be in the centre near transport links for my placements. What were your other choices?

I put all of the different Parham Road choices i think :smile: What are you planning on studying?
Original post by ashbash123
I have! I know it's pricey but it's so nice. But as other people have said, we may not even get it as our first choice. :smile: what course are you doing?

I think it looks awesome, especially because everything will be just downstairs :smile: I'll be studying American studies with Business studies joint honours. How about you?
Hello I have studied this year with open uni doing 120 credits I have found this draining and I must admit after one year with open uni I am very excited to be going to a brick uni x
I think it looks awesome, especially because everything will be just downstairs :smile: I'll be studying American studies with Business studies joint honours. How about you?

Yeah and it'll be nice and clean! :biggrin: If I get the grades, hopefully i'll be studying Primary Education: Upper Primary Languages! :smile:
I put all of the different Parham Road choices i think :smile: What are you planning on studying?

I put those for my other choices but really want georges. I'm studying child nursing, you?
Original post by tinkerbell2387
I put those for my other choices but really want georges. I'm studying child nursing, you?

Fingers crossed we get it :P I'll be studying American Studies with Business studies
Reply 236
I'm interested in going to an open day, there is one on the 9th, but for "mature students", i'm 21 and will be 22 when my course starts, do i qualify?

Also, anyone else going to any open days?
Canterbury Christ Church have now put up their Official Freshers page for all those starting this September. Here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/christchurchfreshers
Reply 238
Hey everyone
I was originally offered an unconditonal place for 2013 for Diagnostic Radiography- was pleased I got a place but didnt really want to have to wait a year, but last week I got a call to say I could have a space this year starting in Sept!! WOOP WOOP!!!

So im giving up work for 3 years to be a mega old and wrinkly mature student and the grand old age of 27!
Cant wait!
xx
Put down Canterbury as my firm choice last wk (Diagnostic Radiography) - just want September now!

Just found this thread so it would be good to get to know some of you! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending