Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by mikkismiles
Yes I am really looking forward to it iv been working for 2 years on a extended gap year so am excited to get back into education. I went and viewed pin hill dident really like the look in comparison to parham village. All my option chooses is parham so I'll likely be there :smile:

I chose Pin Hill because it's cheap and still close to town. Parham is nice though, I put it last just because it's the furtherest one away from the town. To be honest I will be happy with any of my choices :smile:))
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by lsib
I chose Pin Hill because it's cheap and still close to town. Parham is nice though, I put it last just because it's the furtherest one away from the town. To be honest I will be happy with any of my choices :smile:))

Thats true :smile: I mainly like parham cause its near asda :smile: and it seemed so fun and lively yet u can also have chill out time its same price as pinhill if you go for just standard room but either halls i think is guna be fun and a good experience :smile:
Reply 262
Firmed an unconditional offer for American Studies, with St George's Place as my first choice for accomodation :smile:
Reply 263
Thats true :smile: I mainly like parham cause its near asda :smile: and it seemed so fun and lively yet u can also have chill out time its same price as pinhill if you go for just standard room but either halls i think is guna be fun and a good experience :smile:

Yeah it will be a great experience :smile:
I wish the uni website had more photos of inside the accommodation, as I never went to see them on my open day, and all the photos are just of people and barely any of the rooms ):
Reply 264
Honestly don't even remember what my first choice for accomodation was- all I know is Pin Hill was my last choice. Tbh I don't care as long as I get en suite, I can't stand sharing bathrooms with people.
Anyway when I went there for my interview I got lost but a lovely second year guy showed me the way and he told me that Parham Road is the best although it's further from town because it's close to all the supermarkets etc which is convenient, he also said that because it's populated by students only, locals get less grouchy because you're not up in their faces, which he said changes in second year and beyond if you're renting private accomodation etc
went to the longport place today...

what a maze!
Original post by lsib
Yeah it will be a great experience :smile:
I wish the uni website had more photos of inside the accommodation, as I never went to see them on my open day, and all the photos are just of people and barely any of the rooms ):

Yeah I noticed there lacking in some of their photo's. But I pretty much visited all the accomodation campus's, Lanfranc, pinhil, parham and main halls on campus and I prefered parham by far. Annoying thing is its a bit of a walk to the uni but ah well :smile:

Either way it will be good :smile:
Reply 267
Anyone here applied for sports psychology??
Reply 268
Yeah I noticed there lacking in some of their photo's. But I pretty much visited all the accomodation campus's, Lanfranc, pinhil, parham and main halls on campus and I prefered parham by far. Annoying thing is its a bit of a walk to the uni but ah well :smile:

Either way it will be good :smile:

What were the rooms like in Pin Hill and Campus?
Original post by lsib
What were the rooms like in Pin Hill and Campus?

Well tbh, Pin hill was my least favourite, it looks damp and not as nice as the others and its very small. Its literally next door to the club chemistry though. Other than that though it was okay. I mean when I say small I mean not loads of students living there its like a small area. But the students living there were happy with it :smile:

Campus halls where actually okay except the only thing I dident like was how small the hallway and kitchen was literally you would have to walk in single file. But then again I only saw like one set of the campus halls and there are other ones I dident see.

But remember everyones opinions different you could go there and think what the hell its amazing :smile:
I've just this second been given a conditional offer by CCC university for a PGCE in maths 7-14 :biggrin:
Hey, did you go through Extra to get on to your course? Because im applying to Canterbury Christ today through Extra and hoping its easy enough to get in? What qualifications did they ask for? :smile:
Hey, What qualifications did they ask for? did u go through extra?
Reply 273
Well tbh, Pin hill was my least favourite, it looks damp and not as nice as the others and its very small. Its literally next door to the club chemistry though. Other than that though it was okay. I mean when I say small I mean not loads of students living there its like a small area. But the students living there were happy with it :smile:

Campus halls where actually okay except the only thing I dident like was how small the hallway and kitchen was literally you would have to walk in single file. But then again I only saw like one set of the campus halls and there are other ones I dident see.

But remember everyones opinions different you could go there and think what the hell its amazing :smile:

Thanks for the answer :smile:
I just want the cheapest accommodation, then i'll be happy :wink:
Hoping to get into Campus and Pin Hill, purely based on the location. Closed to town. hah.
Reply 274
I only have 2 years of funding left from SLC, who kindly told me after i applied and accepted for a course at middlesex in computing so i'm going to apply for the foundation degree in computing, and because i've left middlesex outside the adjustment period i.e. too late for UCAS extra, i'll have to apply through clearing when it opens, fun fun didly fun times :P
Original post by rosuas
I only have 2 years of funding left from SLC, who kindly told me after i applied and accepted for a course at middlesex in computing so i'm going to apply for the foundation degree in computing, and because i've left middlesex outside the adjustment period i.e. too late for UCAS extra, i'll have to apply through clearing when it opens, fun fun didly fun times :P

At least you have 2 years :wink:

I've just accepted a PGCE course in the university. Used up 4 years of funding from SLC as well!

Also, the course is called "Primary 7-14 maths" and I thought that because it was maths i'd be entitled to the 12/15k bursary. Oh no, the course is called "primary" so i'm entitled to either a 5k bursary or a 1k reduction in fees

And the SLC has funded me for 3 years @ 3k tuition fees!

So now I have to muster up 8k tuition fees as apposed to 3k which would have been doable.

According to SLC though you can have 5 years of funding. How true this is i'm not sure but only time will tell :p:
Has anyone applied for halls on the Broadstairs campus? :smile:
Original post by lsib
Thanks for the answer :smile:
I just want the cheapest accommodation, then i'll be happy :wink:
Hoping to get into Campus and Pin Hill, purely based on the location. Closed to town. hah.

Yeah Parham is like a mission of a walk but ill bring my bike with me, are you from kent?
I'm looking for the Archbishop of Banterbury?
Reply 279
Yeah Parham is like a mission of a walk but ill bring my bike with me, are you from kent?

Ha, I'm bringing my bike even if I'm on campus! eeee.
No, I'm from Essex, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending