The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tinkerbell2387
yeah its so difficult, im very lucky my job gives me the experience I need. Fingers crossed anyway, you looking to studying at canterbury or medway?

Hopefully Canterbury this Septemeber if all goes well. What about you?
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by CharlotteLily
Hopefully Canterbury this Septemeber if all goes well. What about you?

same as you, getting fed up waiting to find out now.
same as you, getting fed up waiting to find out now.

I know what you mean, I just want to get started!
I know what you mean, I just want to get started!

me too, suppose best we can do is prepare for our interview and sit and wait :s-smilie:
Hi. just received my letter for interview for child nursing on 13th march. Am also hoping to study in canterbury (only live 20 mins away) in september. I am currently a childminder but have previously worked as nursery nurse in hospital. Seriously nervous about interview though. Hoping that the fact there's not many applicants on here is a good sign :wink:

Good luck for your interviews xx
Reply 85
Original post by Scarlett-Yvonne
I have been offered a place on this course :smile:

Oh hey that's great! I went to their open day today, the course looks really interesting and the campus is brilliant :biggrin:

Have you been to visit yet?
Original post by chloerichards
Was wondering if there are any people already going to or applying to Canterbury for entry in 2012.

I'm there already doing History with Politics and Governance.

I've got my place starting this September studying Forensic Investigation :biggrin: So excited!

What accommodation are you in?
Original post by babyrosie101
Hi. just received my letter for interview for child nursing on 13th march. Am also hoping to study in canterbury (only live 20 mins away) in september. I am currently a childminder but have previously worked as nursery nurse in hospital. Seriously nervous about interview though. Hoping that the fact there's not many applicants on here is a good sign :wink:

Good luck for your interviews xx

Hi,
Well done for getting an interview and good luck :smile: try not to be nervous, sounds like you have good experience. That would be good if there wasn't many but I know it is a competitive course, would be nice to know how many they interview though!
Hi,
Well done for getting an interview and good luck :smile: try not to be nervous, sounds like you have good experience. That would be good if there wasn't many but I know it is a competitive course, would be nice to know how many they interview though!

Someone on another thread in here, told me that she was told there was just over 360 aplicants for 22 spaces when she went to an open day at Christchurch last weekend. :eek:
Good luck to you to - hope to see you in September. xx
Someone on another thread in here, told me that she was told there was just over 360 aplicants for 22 spaces when she went to an open day at Christchurch last weekend. :eek:
Good luck to you to - hope to see you in September. xx

Bournemouth have 600 applicants for 25 spaces, they interview 150. Do you know how many Canterbury interview?
Bournemouth have 600 applicants for 25 spaces, they interview 150. Do you know how many Canterbury interview?

The girl that told me about going to the open day said that Canterbury interview all applicants that have maths and English gcse's so I guess all 360 :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
The girl that told me about going to the open day said that Canterbury interview all applicants that have maths and English gcse's so I guess all 360 :eek:

That's odd way to do it, I wonder if they give out more offers then places for people who dont get the right grades or go to another uni. Theres two intakes a year so 44 places in total no 22.
That's odd way to do it, I wonder if they give out more offers then places for people who dont get the right grades or go to another uni. Theres two intakes a year so 44 places in total no 22.

I think she meant 22 for September. Is there 22 for Canterbury and 22 for Medway in September do you know? Maybe they just think it's fairer that way - but OMG that's a lot of people. Good luck - maybe see you there in September :wink:
When I went to the open day last year they said they have 22 places for canterbury starting in sept and 22 places for medway starting april but they interview for all at the same time. Good luck too, it is alot of people. Have you applied any where else? I wonder how they view our experience like does someone with experience of looking after critically ill children have a better chance then someone who has basic children's care work?

No I have not applied anywhere else - I live fairly local to Canterbury and have a family (so can't uproot them). If I don't get in there I don't get in anywhere :frown: Really rather not go to Medway either as it's a long drive from me, not to mention I'm too impatient to wait more than a year!! Is Canterbury your first choice?
I do hope that experience counts for something - but who knows. I'm not sure how they expect people straight out of A-levels to have any extended experience working with children, so it is odd that use it as a criteria for judging. Just hope that I can prove my commitment and suitability on the day. When do you have your interview?
my interview is next week the 23rd :eek: it is my first choice and would love to go to canterbury and not medway but wouldnt turn down a place there either. The amount of people is scarying me. I suppose they see how much you undertsand about nursing and if you have better experience maybe it will give you a better understanding. I went to a interview at bournemouth and the some other girls there were shocking, some from A levels were moaning about the little holiday you get and that they only want to be at uni for the lifestyle etc

Well nursing understanding I can do!! - just hope that my situation (being older (33) with a young family) doesnt put them off. Bit concerned that they will think it will interfere with my ability to study. Are you a mature student also? Pls let me know how your interview goes - will keep my fingers crossed for you. As for the good time girls and their lack of holiday - hopefully the unis manage to weed them out!! In any case how much free time do they think they are going to get as a qualified and working nurse LOL.
Original post by haniarmf
I have an interview for Child Nursing too. My is on 14 th Feb , how about yours???

How did this go? Mine isn't until the end of March and it's my first choice as well! xxx
Reply 96
got an interview for diagnostic radiography on 2nd March :smile: anyone else?
Original post by ellie32
got an interview for diagnostic radiography on 2nd March :smile: anyone else?

i also got an interview for diagnostic radiography.... but mines on 3rd March! :smile:
Reply 98
heyyy, anyone else for biosciences/psychology starting sept 2012? :smile:
Reply 99
Received an unconditional offer yesterday for animal science with a foundation year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending