The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by megan-x
I've applied to Stirling for French, and French and Religion :smile: - heard nothing yet :frown:
Have you heard from any yet?? x

nope nothing at all! the wait is horrible :frown: x
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 381
Unconditional for Law!
Reply 382
Original post by Hannah_94
Yes! I am... but it's on my birthday!! :frown:
What have you applied for??

computing what about you?
Original post by mrcon
computing what about you?

Ive also applied for computing. Every time i get an email through now my nerves go through the roof!
Original post by kirsti
Unconditional for Law!

well done, a few of my mates got that today actually :smile:
I received an unconditional for law and criminology yesterday.
Original post by gregyscotland_MFC
Ive also applied for computing. Every time i get an email through now my nerves go through the roof!

just quoting you on this cause youre a motherwell fan! good man and i feel your pain.

however, finally got an offer through from stirling for law yesterday. 1 B at any subject which is no problem! quite a good back up as i got an offer from dundee and napier and only waiting on edinburgh now!
Reply 387
Seems like the School of Law are a bit more organised than the other departments. I'm not expecting to hear anything for at least another two weeks, more likely three or four.
I'm a bit late joining this thread but I got an Unconditional for Law yesterday so I'm absolutely over the moon. Not sure if it is going to be my top choice but it's between Stirling and Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen so I'm going to end up writing a pros and cons list probably :P :wink:

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting on their offers, and congratulations to everyone that has received offers!
Original post by thomaspullar1
just quoting you on this cause youre a motherwell fan! good man and i feel your pain.

however, finally got an offer through from stirling for law yesterday. 1 B at any subject which is no problem! quite a good back up as i got an offer from dundee and napier and only waiting on edinburgh now!

Cheers mate, you a fan yourself i take it?

Im surprised stirling are taking as long, strathclyde gave me an offer back in mid january, Stirling is my first choice but i think i will have to sit down and consider both universities. Ive also applied for napier, however ive decided that napier isnt for me, still waiting for an offer from them as well.
Original post by gregyscotland_MFC
Cheers mate, you a fan yourself i take it?

Im surprised stirling are taking as long, strathclyde gave me an offer back in mid january, Stirling is my first choice but i think i will have to sit down and consider both universities. Ive also applied for napier, however ive decided that napier isnt for me, still waiting for an offer from them as well.

i am yeah, im from fife but make it to most games as a few of us go! aye stirlings notoriously bad for being late, im just waiting on edinburgh as that will be my first choice, if am rejected it will be dundee i go to i think. well done on your offer, what is it you're studing?
Has anyone who applied to Primary Education gotten any offers? Conditionals or unconditionals?
still not heard from stirling for either of the two courses ive applied for :/
Reply 393
Still waiting to hear back from Stirling :frown:
Reply 394
Stirling was so late getting back to people last year. I was about to give up hope.

Don't worry too much if you don't know quite what you want your degree to be. For most courses, you take three modules in semesters 1 & 2 (quite possibly in sems. 3 onwards too, not at that stage yet!). As long as you do all the compulsory modules for a degree, you can change.

For example, I applied to do economics, but doing all the maths and stats modules too, so I may choose to graduate with an economics, maths, economics & maths or maths & stats degree. Plenty of my flatmates have already changed, like english to politics, psychology to law, and history to history and english.

Just quote me if you want any questions answering, I'll try and help! :smile:
Reply 395
Original post by diane_h

Just quote me if you want any questions answering, I'll try and help! :smile:

Thanks for offering to answer our questions.

I'm keen to find out exactly what course options are available. There's a lot in the prospectus about how flexible the degrees are, but I'd really like to see specifics. I can't believe you can choose absolutely anything. Also, I've applied for entry into year 2, which will change things considerably I imagine. As I understand the degree is flexible until the end if semester 3. Although you say you're not at that stage yet, I'm surprised you don't yet know what your options will be.

I have considered asking the uni directly, but not had much luck you other questions I've asked so far. I am planning on visiting, but I prefer to have a good idea of how the system works before I visit.

Edit : I guess my query no longer applies
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 396
Unconditional today for Business Studies and politics!!! I was so shocked, I heard they are really slow at replying, so I wasn't expecting a reply from them until April!!
Reply 397
Original post by Alt__x
Unconditional today for Business Studies and politics!!! I was so shocked, I heard they are really slow at replying, so I wasn't expecting a reply from them until April!!

Great to hear it, is it your first choice ?, what qualifications did you have was it Highers or HNC, HND etc, I am so nervous haha waiting on reply.
Reply 398
Original post by jido2011
Great to hear it, is it your first choice ?, what qualifications did you have was it Highers or HNC, HND etc, I am so nervous haha waiting on reply.

I don't know, I want to go to all the unis I applied to!!!

I have ABBBC in my highers from last year. Don't stress, your offers are coming!!
Reply 399
Hello,
I'm applying for Film and Media, with ABBC at higher, the A is in RMPS and I am planning on dropping Adv Higher RMPS tomorrow but am scared I may get a conditional in it, would Stirling give me a condition in something I already have an A at higher in?

Quick Reply

Latest