Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NaNoWriMo

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 143 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Now what?
    Well do my december exams, then I'm gonna proofread what I've written, iron out any plot issues, and write the last 30 odd thousand words of the book. Then hopefully get an agent and get published (then of course force you all to buy it!)

(Original post by silverbolt)
    And ive done,

50162 words, ok the story isnt done but i completed the challenge heh heh.
    :five: epic!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Typed my arse off today to try and reach 50K, but I still failed
    47730 words...
    Not bad going I guess - I am impressed that I managed to get so close when I've had so much college stuff to do.

Even more determined to win next year now!
    • 143 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pen Island)
    Typed my arse off today to try and reach 50K, but I still failed
    47730 words...
    Not bad going I guess - I am impressed that I managed to get so close when I've had so much college stuff to do.

Even more determined to win next year now!
    YAY so close! Still massive achievement!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    yup, im only on like 10,000 or so

Is your school off on wednesday coz of the strike? Im gonna try and catch it up then
    Yep! But I had a lot of homework, so I didn't end up finishing NaNo!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverwing)
    Yep! But I had a lot of homework, so I didn't end up finishing NaNo!
    im sad to say the same for me gonna carry on with the story though, the way its ending up, 10,000 words and hardly into the story i reckon this could last up to at least 150,000 words, mabye 200,000. Gonna give Nanowrimo a go with the sequel next year :P
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    was going to do it but then realised by day 3 that i hadnt started, gave up haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im sad to say the same for me gonna carry on with the story though, the way its ending up, 10,000 words and hardly into the story i reckon this could last up to at least 150,000 words, mabye 200,000. Gonna give Nanowrimo a go with the sequel next year :P
    Yeah, I am about 15k into mine and I am hoping that it will end up at about 100k. I think it was hard, though, to try and finish NaNo with so much schoolwork. I find November a very ackward time to complete NaNo, which is probably why out of three years of participating, I have never been able to.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverwing)
    Yeah, I am about 15k into mine and I am hoping that it will end up at about 100k. I think it was hard, though, to try and finish NaNo with so much schoolwork. I find November a very ackward time to complete NaNo, which is probably why out of three years of participating, I have never been able to.
    Ye, same, this was my first year but I had loads of work, mock exams next week and rl exams in january (some of them), so revision etc. And I completely forgot about it for about half of the month
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this as well! But need to spend the time in between planning better....
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Currently revising my novel. Did two chapters last night, and am pleasantly surprised by the occasional good bits. :P
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the script version in April/May time?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)
    Currently revising my novel. Did two chapters last night, and am pleasantly surprised by the occasional good bits. :P
    I'm just giving mine a break (I have some work to do as well) before I finish it off. Then I'll edit in a few months. Easier to let novels lie fallow for me.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, I won nano on 29th Nov. Still working on my book. I'm keeping to the same pace as I was during NaNo, so roughly 1667 words a day. I'd like to get it finished by the end of Dec and then start on the editing.

57,420 words and counting.
    • 143 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    So, I won nano on 29th Nov. Still working on my book. I'm keeping to the same pace as I was during NaNo, so roughly 1667 words a day. I'd like to get it finished by the end of Dec and then start on the editing.

57,420 words and counting.
    Wow impressive!
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Wow impressive!
    lol nah not really, I just figured I'm on a roll with this now. If I stop writing and take a break, I'll lose the momentum (because that's SO what I'm like lol).
    • 143 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    lol nah not really, I just figured I'm on a roll with this now. If I stop writing and take a break, I'll lose the momentum (because that's SO what I'm like lol).
    Ha ha I wish I had time to continue, just exams gonna be done first.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2011
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered books, literature & poetry threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.