Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCA Rochester/Epsom or Middlesex?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted for Fashion at Rochester and Epsom and also Fashion Design, Styling and Promotion at Middlesex University.
    I haven't a clue which to choose! Any advice or information about either if you've been a past student there or looking to study there ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've had an offer from UCA epsom for fashion promotion and imaging. Im still waiting to hear back from middlesex for fashion design styling and promotion as this is ideally my first choice. I havn't heard anything back from them regarding an interview or whether I've been unsuccessful. Just wondered when you heard back from them and whether you had an interview or not? Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04nedwards)
    Hey I've had an offer from UCA epsom for fashion promotion and imaging. Im still waiting to hear back from middlesex for fashion design styling and promotion as this is ideally my first choice. I havn't heard anything back from them regarding an interview or whether I've been unsuccessful. Just wondered when you heard back from them and whether you had an interview or not? Thanks
    Hi, yeah I got an interview around two months ago and had my interview last month and got accepted. Maybe ring them up? X
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey im in the exact same sitiution as you!
    i've been offered places on both fdsp at middlesex and fpi at uca epsom, and sooo confused about which one to pick :s

i spoke to my tutor briefly about it and she seemed keen on epsom, she said the course was well recognised and had good industry contacts. Also, one of the students in the year above me is on the course atm and apparently he is really enjoying it.

i would really appreciate anyone elses opinion on these two courses!?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go for one of the UCA courses over Middlesex. The facilities are incredible, and they teach you to collaborate with the other students on other courses. They also get great industry people in for lectures/workshops etc, which I've found to be extremely helpful.

I'm at UCA Roch, doing Fashion Promotion
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmawilliamsonxo)
    I've been accepted for Fashion at Rochester and Epsom and also Fashion Design, Styling and Promotion at Middlesex University.
    I haven't a clue which to choose! Any advice or information about either if you've been a past student there or looking to study there ?
    You should come to Epsom, i'll be studying Fashion. Everyone is so lovely so far and not to worry about the nightlife, there's plenty around and it seems like it's going to be really fun. Not to mention their Graduate rate for getting a job after studying with them is over 90%. I was interviewed at Middlesex... Bleugh what a pretentious place!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmawilliamsonxo)
    Hello! My name is Eliel and I am UCA representative and also a current student there. I have been doing photography for 2 years now.

I see that you know a bit already about UCA and the Fashion Promotion & Imaging course that we run. It is such a great course !! I have friends that are studying it in Epsom and Rochester. They are second years now and they are truly enjoying it and learning so much from it. The best thing is that Epsom is mainly Fashion specialized so for 3 years of your degree you get to met and collaborate with students from a variety of related subjects like fashion designers, management and marketing students or even fashion journalist students. I think this is an awesome opportunity to be immersed in the fashion world from the beginning and build some great contacts.

Also the course has some amazing reputation. I don't know if you knew, but this years Elle magazine intern issue was partly edited by two UCA Epsom students doing Fashion Promotion. It was great. You can read more about this here: http://ucreative.ac.uk/news/2012/Sep...e#.UMyo1YUfdiY

If you want to find out a bit more about the course there is also lots of information here: http://www.ucreative.ac.uk/ba-fashion-promotion-imaging

As I said before, I am a current student at UCA and have been for almost 2 years now so if you have any questions rewarding student life or anything else please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope you find this useful.

Eliel.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: December 19, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.