The Student Room Group

2012 Uni Applicants for Photography

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by damianpoland
Oh God, I have it tomorrow on phone, because I live in Poland :smile: Keep fingers crossed!!

Hey,Damian:smile: how was your interview?
Original post by skafun
Hey,Damian:smile: how was your interview?

It wasn't as scary as I tought. The lady was really nice. But I didn't expected that she will be asking my about such details. I was really startled but I think I extricated myself from this. Of course I could make it better. Now I'm waiting for the decision ;D
Reply 202
It wasn't as scary as I tought. The lady was really nice. But I didn't expected that she will be asking my about such details. I was really startled but I think I extricated myself from this. Of course I could make it better. Now I'm waiting for the decision ;D

What kind of details she asked you?And how long your interview was?:smile:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by skafun
What kind of details she asked you?;D

For example, why this model is dressed in this way, what I wanned to show by this photo(I had to describe about 5 photos from my flickr), why I choose this place for this photo. Who is my facourite fashion photographer and why, who is my favourite fashion designer and why. There were a few questions connected with my personal statement. If i i read any magazines connected with fashion. what i'm dreaming about after studying. Why have i chosen Falmouth.She asked me why I want to study in UK. But it was very informal conversation. Once I answered, she described every year of studying, she was answering on my questions. It was very nice :wink:
Oh God, I have it tomorrow on phone, because I live in Poland :smile: Keep fingers crossed!!

Awh i'm sure it'll be fine! Sorry i just read your response on how it went, sounded like you had the woman that interviewed me as well, she was lovely! Good luck, would be great if we both got in and i got to put a face to the name in September!
Original post by 123michelle
Just had mine today :smile: It was really nice, the tutors and students were lovely and calmed my nerves haha, have you had your interview yet?

You have no idea how comforting that is to see! I have mine in two weeks, I'm so nervous! Any tips for preparing for it? What sort of things did you take to show them?
Original post by 123michelle
Awh i'm sure it'll be fine! Sorry i just read your response on how it went, sounded like you had the woman that interviewed me as well, she was lovely! Good luck, would be great if we both got in and i got to put a face to the name in September!

It was Emma Hought(or something like that :wink: ). She was really nice :wink:
Has anyone else firmed NUCA? :smile:
Reply 208
Original post by lauren2706
Has anyone else firmed NUCA? :smile:

I had a interview today it went awful and it's my top choice not holding my hopes up though.
Original post by Clare1994
I had a interview today it went awful and it's my top choice not holding my hopes up though.

Oh no :frown: in what way was it awful?
Original post by procrastination...
You have no idea how comforting that is to see! I have mine in two weeks, I'm so nervous! Any tips for preparing for it? What sort of things did you take to show them?

Just one sketchbook and your portfolio! I wouldn't worry about bringing too many images, there isn't that much time to go through them all. Overall just be yourself, and be prepared to talk a lot about your photographs :smile: The way they have the interviews are strange, but fun. The best way to describe it is like speed dating! Good luck by the way :smile:
Reply 211
Has anyone got an interview at LCF on monday or Westminster on Tuesday??
Reply 212
Original post by lauren2706
Oh no :frown: in what way was it awful?

Everyone had sooo much work compared to me i was just like wtf am i doing here!
And iv only had one q about my portfolio the rest was pretty much why do you wanna come here
does anybody know how the interviews at GSA works?
Original post by madrassnuff
does anybody know how the interviews at GSA works?

Apparently they look at ur work in a room without u first then invite u in and ask u talk about it and then ask questions about ur work but also ur other interests and why u want to go there. Tbh all my interviews have been basically the same apart from when we are just having a casual chat about whatever towards the end when the questions have been asked/answered
CONDITIONAL for Fashion Photography at Falmouth!!!!! I'm sooooo happy!!! Now i have to pass IELTS on 6.0 and Polish Matura on 55%!!!
has anybody heard from GSA or ECA yet?
i hate this waiting... i also haven't heard anything from any other schools either, GSA and ECA are the only ones who ask portfolios from every applicant, so i'm hoping to hear from my other choises too. tho so many people have been asked to send a portfolio to Napier that i'm losing hope with that one... but then again i think, well why haven't they rejected me either. ah this stress!
I have an interview at GSA on the 22nd
Original post by Clare1994
Everyone had sooo much work compared to me i was just like wtf am i doing here!
And iv only had one q about my portfolio the rest was pretty much why do you wanna come here

I only had a few questions as well - why I wanted to go to nuca, what I wanted to be doing in 10 years and then I had to talk about 2 of my favourite images in my portfolio.

Felt like everyone in my interview had a lot of work compared to me as well!
Original post by rayray12310
Apparently they look at ur work in a room without u first then invite u in and ask u talk about it and then ask questions about ur work but also ur other interests and why u want to go there. Tbh all my interviews have been basically the same apart from when we are just having a casual chat about whatever towards the end when the questions have been asked/answered

ahh, i see. sounds nice. have u booked an interview yet tho? i was going to but then i saw that they had changed the dates...

Quick Reply

Latest